• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con GA Geekfest

92 posts in this topic

"Is this a funny book, or what?"

FriNight06.jpg

Turn off that phone. :makepoint: CNN will just have to wait.

FriNight07.jpg

I have to laugh at these two pictures because they so perfectly capture Bedrock's infatuation with that particular book during the gathering. It was almost as if there was no other book in the room. lol

FriNight06.jpg

FriNight07.jpg

I have to laugh at these two pictures because they so perfectly capture Bedrock's infatuation with that particular book during the gathering. It was almost as if there was no other book in the room. lol

It was fun to be there the next day at the show when he removed it from the fortress and paged through it. :cloud9:

Man... talk about a VIP club meeting! I can't believe all of those books floating about. I love my books, don't get me wrong, but sheesh! I don't know if I'd have anything that could hold a candle to those books! :o

FriNight06.jpg

FriNight07.jpg

It was fun to be there the next day at the show when he removed it from the fortress and paged through it. :cloud9:

was this before or after the "deal" was done lol

FriNight06.jpg

FriNight07.jpg

After, at Dale's booth. Richard was even happier with his purchase after thumbing through the book. He had that "kid on Christmas morning" expression. :)

FriNight06.jpg

FriNight07.jpg

After, at Dale's booth. Richard was even happier with his purchase after thumbing through the book. He had that "kid on Christmas morning" expression. :)

Did he actually end up buying it? :o:applause:

Thanks again for being such a gracious host Peter! This event is always a highlight of the Con. Everyone brings a very diverse group of fantastic books! A real pleasure of a night! Now all we need are strippers and the place will rock! ;)

FriNight06.jpg

FriNight07.jpg

Did he actually end up buying it? :o:applause:

Yep, the next morning at the show, he and John agreed on a price.

Bedrock and Nearmint listen intently to Tec27kid. It is a convincing performance.

lol

Thanks for posting the pictures from what looks to have been a great time!

BTW, what did YOU bring to share with the group?

The usual mix of stuff, most of which has been posted. I was too busy watching that they didn't get dropped in the pool to stop and take pictures.

Well, Rick did call them the "dripping wet" collection. (:

Bedrock and Nearmint listen intently to Tec27kid. It is a convincing performance.

lol

Thanks for posting the pictures from what looks to have been a great time!

BTW, what did YOU bring to share with the group?

The usual mix of stuff, most of which has been posted. I was too busy watching that they didn't get dropped in the pool to stop and take pictures.

Well, Rick did call them the "dripping wet" collection. (:

well played!

Size matters! :o

FriNight12.jpg

That Jumbo World's Fair Edition is awesome!!!! (worship)

Ken

Church. :gossip:

Some of them are so pristine it`s amazing.

Newsstand fresh is the best way to describe them. Amazing color.

I want that book and I want it now! :sumo:

It's been a while since I've seen them in person, but if memory serves, the yellow-covered issue on the table and the blue issue with the football player on the cover were the REAL stunners (which is saying something because that entire MH oversized Jumbo run is stunning). I was really really really blown away.

Size matters! :o

FriNight12.jpg

That Jumbo World's Fair Edition is awesome!!!! (worship)

Ken

Church. :gossip:

Some of them are so pristine it`s amazing.

Newsstand fresh is the best way to describe them. Amazing color.

I want that book and I want it now! :sumo:

It's been a while since I've seen them in person, but if memory serves, the yellow-covered issue on the table and the blue issue with the football player on the cover were the REAL stunners (which is saying something because that entire MH oversized Jumbo run is stunning). I was really really really blown away.

Here's the football issue.

FriNight13.jpg

Allentown copy. :gossip:

wow. I can't even imagine. Nice job Richard!!!!! (worship)

Richard has been looking for one for a while. Congrats Rich on landing what had been an elusive book!

:applause: