• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con GA Geekfest

92 posts in this topic

are you going to send it to cgc?

I haven't decided. I may take it to Chicago since they are grading on-site.

I am pretty sure it will grade 9.4.

Richard, I showed your scan to my wife, and I'm sorry to report that she found no redeeming value whatsoever in that cover.

I am sure she is a wonderful person...but aren't you going to look at her in a little different light from this point forward?

:signfunny:

Coolest book I have seen posted on here in a LONG time. (worship)

Thanks Andy (thumbs u Each night on the drive home I would just stare at it before going to sleep. I kinda couldn't believe I had gotten it. I think it gets cooler every time I look at it.

I thought I was one of the the only guys that did that.

:blush:

A little late to the party but a HUGE thank you to Peter and his family for letting a bunch of geeks invade for what was a wonderful evening. Great food, great friends, funnybooks.

From what I remember, up until about 9pm or so everything was going great. Parker was telling jokes, books were getting passed around, Zaid was drinking all the Stellas.

Then John Wise whipped out this...

silverstreak6.jpg

...and after that everything is a little fuzzy for me.

Great book :applause:

Are you sure its not the Flashback edition?

The interior is in glorious full color!

I was set up next to Boyd Rowden (Black Cat Comics) at the show.

He happened to have a copy of the Alan Light reprint. It was pretty cool to set the two side by side.

Not too familiar with the Allentown's myself, but that looks like a white page book to me.

I'm with October on this one, its simply the TOP book I have seen posted on the boards for some time... just a beauty. I am so excited for Bedrock.

Are you sure its not the Flashback edition?

The interior is in glorious full color!

I was set up next to Boyd Rowden (Black Cat Comics) at the show.

He happened to have a copy of the Alan Light reprint. It was pretty cool to set the two side by side.

Not too familiar with the Allentown's myself, but that looks like a white page book to me.

I'm with October on this one, its simply the TOP book I have seen posted on the boards for some time... just a beauty. I am so excited for Bedrock.

It's an amazing copy -- bright colors and white pages of a classic cover.

A little late to the party but a HUGE thank you to Peter and his family for letting a bunch of geeks invade for what was a wonderful evening. Great food, great friends, funnybooks.

From what I remember, up until about 9pm or so everything was going great. Parker was telling jokes, books were getting passed around, Zaid was drinking all the Stellas.

Then John Wise whipped out this...

silverstreak6.jpg

...and after that everything is a little fuzzy for me.

Wow, WOW. :o Looks like it was printed yesterday and every copy I've seen so far looks it age but not this beauty. :applause:

Adam, thank you for putting together a "photo-history" of the event. It was a great time. I appreciate having had the opportunity to host such a wonderful group of collectors.

Peter

The pictures of Mr. Bedrock made me laugh. It's wonderful to see that even someone like him still can be knocked off his feet by a book.

RHG: since I have been very quiet about it for reasons that should be obvious, I wanted to say that the evening I spent with you guys a couple of years ago had a major impact on redefining my own interests. I can't thank you and the other guests enough for opening my eyes to a whole new area of collecting.

tb

tb,

We loved having you with us a couple of years ago and wish you could have made it this year. Hopefully you will make a reappearance at another one in the not too distant future.

Peter