• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con GA Geekfest

92 posts in this topic

Size matters! :o

FriNight12.jpg

That Jumbo World's Fair Edition is awesome!!!! (worship)

Ken

Church. :gossip:

Some of them are so pristine it`s amazing.

Newsstand fresh is the best way to describe them. Amazing color.

In the background: John Wise, bedrock, nearmint, West Stephan, bunky brian, Mark Haspel, Socratic Wonder.

In the foreground: Billy Parker, Esquire, detective27kid.

Behind the camera: adamstrange.

Not pictured is Mick Rabin, who arrived later in the evening with some wonderful books.

A GREAT night. Nice guys, awesome books, and fun conversation. Many thinks to Peter and his family for being excellent hosts, and to all the guys for bringing stellar books! (thumbs u

Jeff, I recognized everyone except for John Wise. Who is he?

I met John for the first time that night, although I think I've been seeing him in SD for years. He brought some incredible books, including the Marvel #1, More Fun #52, and Silver Streak #6 you see in the pics(the copies in the fortresses), as well as 2 copies of Superman #1. Super nice guy.

GULP.

FriNight12.jpg

Ken

That issue always makes me chuckle, because I remember Adamstrange looking at the cover so intently and pointing out to Peter and me how the design of the buildings was futuristic and reminiscent of the World Fair`s depictions of the city of tomorrow. Peter and I kind of looked at each other quizzically, and then Peter gently pointed out the big black letters at the top of the cover saying "World`s Fair". lol

Thanks for sharing, adamstrange. I think next year I'm going to take my 5 and 2 year old out there, I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind letting a couple of youngsters handle those books...

Thanks for sharing, adamstrange. I think next year I'm going to take my 5 and 2 year old out there, I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind letting a couple of youngsters handle those books...

Maybe Lou and I can bring our 6 kids too.

:insane:

FriNight12.jpg

Ken

That issue always makes me chuckle, because I remember Adamstrange looking at the cover so intently and pointing out to Peter and me how the design of the buildings was futuristic and reminiscent of the World Fair`s depictions of the city of tomorrow. Peter and I kind of looked at each other quizzically, and then Peter gently pointed out the big black letters at the top of the cover saying "World`s Fair". lol

Not to mention the big, arching "World of Tomorrow" on the cover. Great book! Also drooling over the New Adventure #24. My fav Flessel cover!

FriNight12.jpg

Ken

I can't read. :blush:

Billy might. He let everyone read a really pretty MLJ that he had just acquired.

Bedrock and Nearmint listen intently to Tec27kid. It is a convincing performance.

lol

Thanks for posting the pictures from what looks to have been a great time!

BTW, what did YOU bring to share with the group?

The usual mix of stuff, most of which has been posted. I was too busy watching that they didn't get dropped in the pool to stop and take pictures.

Billy might. He let everyone read a really pretty MLJ that he had just acquired.

Do tell...

Do tell...

I used it as a coaster.

Wow, what a fun looking time! I can't wait to see you guys in Chicago! :) Even though I can't afford GA right now, I still like to talk them.

Shiv, if you want to talk comics you should try to make the forum dinner Saturday nite at Gibsons. It's full of collectors, dealers, historians...just an great gathering of ecclectic personalities that makes for a very fun nite. You should check it out.

Do tell...

I used it as a coaster.

Before or after Billy tried to "scratch and sniff"?

Do tell...

I used it as a coaster.

I sneezed on it

Do tell...

I used it as a coaster.

I sneezed on it

Sorry, I meant to post after you.

Before or after Billy tried to "scratch and sniff"?

FriNight12.jpg

Ken

Church. :gossip:

Some of them are so pristine it`s amazing.

Newsstand fresh is the best way to describe them. Amazing color.

I want that book and I want it now! :sumo:

Wow, what a fun looking time! I can't wait to see you guys in Chicago! :) Even though I can't afford GA right now, I still like to talk them.

Shiv, if you want to talk comics you should try to make the forum dinner Saturday nite at Gibsons. It's full of collectors, dealers, historians...just an great gathering of ecclectic personalities that makes for a very fun nite. You should check it out.

Ive been signed up for months.. :)