• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Don't know if it has been discussed, one of the best ways to get into the show for 3 hours ouf your time per day, is to volunteer.

They always need people.

Secondly, if you don't stay near downtown, but say El Cajon (12 miles from downtown) you can find rooms in the 59-120 range.

Of course you need to have a car or rent one for this to be effective. You can always park away from the convention center and instead take public transit.

Don't know if it has been discussed, one of the best ways to get into the show for 3 hours ouf your time per day, is to volunteer.

Not this year, only people who have volunteered in the last two are allowed to volunteer as of Janurary 20.

I bought a ticket last year on ebay. A few weeks prior to the show they started selling about 30-40 tickets per day at the exact same time each day. Very very difficult to land a ticket since people were waiting for the tickets to come up. I tried for at least a week before landing one.

I took a cab the whole time I was there. Cheaper than the price of renting a car and parking fees. At the Seattle show I can park for less than $8 in a parking garage all day on the weekends. San Diego on the other hand...

94.jpg

I'm in next year for sure.

My best friend (a major it the Navy) is hoping to be transferred from HA to San Deigo next spring. If so I'll score free room and board. SWEET

don't ask don't tell

Online hotel bookings start Mar 18/10. Can cancel hotel reservation without penalty up to May 14/10.

You can preview which SD hotel up to 10 miles away that you may wish to stay at now:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci10_hotels.pdf

Interesting that SDCC has 2 HQ hotels for 2010: Hilton Bayfront and regular SD Marriott Marina for events and evening movies (e.g. Twilight: New Moon).

This is also the first year that 1 nights deposit will be due upon making your reservation through the conventions discount hotel service. This could be a good thing as it will cut down on some people making many reservations at different hotels (thus making them unavailable) and then canceling last minute when they actually decide which one they want or have money for.

Nope it's still the same. You just have 5 days to make the deposit. What a joke

Hi,

I will be going to SDCC this year again. As always I have bought by ticket (4 days plus preview night) quite a while ago.

However this year (for the first time) my GF is coming along. Unfortunately I only got a four day pass for her (without preview night) as preview night was already sold out.

I have never picked up a convention pass on Thursday morning so far. Do you know whether this is a big hassle/long wait?

Wednesday afternoon I just walk in get my pass. Howver she will have do this on Thursday morning.

What time should I be there with her on Thursday. How long does it take to get the four day pass then?

Thanks.

All passes are now sold out!!

Hi,

I know. But I already bought the 4 day pass for her in October 2009 or so.

My question is:

How long does she have to wait in line to pick up her pass on Thursday morning?

I remember picking up my pass on Wednesday afternoon was done rather quickly. But how about Thursday morning?

Thanks.

I suspect it's going to be ugly. In the past, all full-con passholders could pick up their badge anytime Wednesday. This year, all four day passholders without preview night will be lumped together with all of the Thursday single day passholders on Thursday morning. Looks like they start giving them out at 8:30. Might want to get there a lot earlier than that.

If you want to avoid the lines, eat a nice breakfast and arrive at 11 am to pick up your badge. By then, Thursday and the 4 day passers will be down. IF you arrive at 6-7:30am, you re thinking like the majority and you will be thinking in line "I wonder if I came later?"

Of course, this only applies if your hotel is walking distance or your hotel is near the trolley station.

Hi,

I will be going to SDCC this year again. As always I have bought by ticket (4 days plus preview night) quite a while ago.

However this year (for the first time) my GF is coming along. Unfortunately I only got a four day pass for her (without preview night) as preview night was already sold out.

I have never picked up a convention pass on Thursday morning so far. Do you know whether this is a big hassle/long wait?

Wednesday afternoon I just walk in get my pass. Howver she will have do this on Thursday morning.

What time should I be there with her on Thursday. How long does it take to get the four day pass then?

Thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the Boards.

You can pick her's up the same night as yours just bring her ID with you. I always do that for my wife and her friends.

Rey