• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

When you are ready for San Diego Comic Con, it will be there for you. (unless it moves to Anaheim, LA, or Vegas) In my opinion, your first SDCC is your best, so go when you can enjoy it...

I'm starting to gear up for it, so I'm excited, nervous, and poor all in one. (Poor because I'm thinking of all the money I'm going to spend.) :) hehe

Joel

If anyone needs a badge, looks like there are some available on the Comic-Con site. Click on "COMPS Click to Redeem" on the top right of the home page.

Ignore this post, comps are for people who have a special passcode.

Guess it is because of crowd control that SDCC is having regular (non-exhibitor, non-pro) pass pick up on the Wed. and Thurs out at some hotel AWAY from the convention center itself. Hope fans actually read their emails else it will be chaos on the Wed. :tonofbricks:

Guess it is because of crowd control that SDCC is having regular (non-exhibitor, non-pro) pass pick up on the Wed. and Thurs out at some hotel AWAY from the convention center itself. Hope fans actually read their emails else it will be chaos on the Wed. :tonofbricks:

Where did you read that? My email tells me to pick up my pass at the convention center.

Where did you read that? My email tells me to pick up my pass at the convention center.

it's hidden in the shuttle information..

I still don't see it. Which hotel does it list as being the place to pick up your badge?

Is that for all attendees or could it be optional for people who use the shuttle service?

Is that for all attendees or could it be optional for people who use the shuttle service?

I've emailed Comic-Con about this. I'll post their response when it comes.

I'm curious how they'll respond to my email. It makes no sense to me that they'd make tens of thousands of people go to a different location to pick up their badge. Too big of an inconvenience to convention-goers, and an enormous burden for the hotel to take on.

I guess Town and Country is the biggest resort and convention center in Hotel Loop which many fans may be staying at to save money and just to book any room to sleep in. SDCC may be trying to reduce the traffic congestion downtown by forcing collectors onto the light rail line so cabs and dealer/pro cars can flow in front of the con site.

Still, it makes no sense that only that PDF file about the shuttle states that badge pick-up is at the Town & Country. Everywhere else on the Comic-Con website says to pick up your badge at the convention center.

Also, the PDF only mentions badge pick-up at the Town & Country in the Mission Valley shuttle schedule. It doesn't say anything about it in the Shutter Island and North Harbor Drive shuttle schedule on page two.

Still, it makes no sense that only that PDF file about the shuttle states that badge pick-up is at the Town & Country. Everywhere else on the Comic-Con website says to pick up your badge at the convention center.

You are absolutley correct, but that's how SDCC is. Use this information to your benefit. It should be little to no wait at the hotel.