• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Hi,

I will be going to SDCC this year again. As always I have bought by ticket (4 days plus preview night) quite a while ago.

However this year (for the first time) my GF is coming along. Unfortunately I only got a four day pass for her (without preview night) as preview night was already sold out.

I have never picked up a convention pass on Thursday morning so far. Do you know whether this is a big hassle/long wait?

Wednesday afternoon I just walk in get my pass. Howver she will have do this on Thursday morning.

What time should I be there with her on Thursday. How long does it take to get the four day pass then?

Thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the Boards.

You can pick her's up the same night as yours just bring her ID with you. I always do that for my wife and her friends.

Rey

It's different this year. Only the four day passes with preview night can be picked up on Wednesday. Four day passes without preview night can be picked up starting Thursday morning at 8:30.

Hi,

I will be going to SDCC this year again. As always I have bought by ticket (4 days plus preview night) quite a while ago.

However this year (for the first time) my GF is coming along. Unfortunately I only got a four day pass for her (without preview night) as preview night was already sold out.

I have never picked up a convention pass on Thursday morning so far. Do you know whether this is a big hassle/long wait?

Wednesday afternoon I just walk in get my pass. Howver she will have do this on Thursday morning.

What time should I be there with her on Thursday. How long does it take to get the four day pass then?

Thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the Boards.

You can pick her's up the same night as yours just bring her ID with you. I always do that for my wife and her friends.

Rey

It's different this year. Only the four day passes with preview night can be picked up on Wednesday. Four day passes without preview night can be picked up starting Thursday morning at 8:30.

That's what I thought. Do you think there will be a big line on Thursday morning?

I think there will be a HUGE line on Thursday morning, because in years past, there is always a long line to get in Thursday morning. I'm not sure how many 4 day (no Preview night) passes were sold vs. full weekend passes, but I heard they really limited the Preview Night full weekend passes.

I'd agree with the previous person who said to show up around 11 am or so. Let the people who show up early pick up their badges and get into the next line (to enter the hall) and then you can arrive to pick up her badge. However, if you are driving into this show, parking will be a nightmare to find after 7:30 or 8 am.

I'd still bring her printout with you on Wednesday, give it a try, what could it hurt? Otherwise, either get there really early Thursday morning (6 am-ish) if you want to enter the hall right after opening, or show up around 11am-ish and hopefully you won't have such a monster line.

This is the first year a lot of people will be picking up on Thursday morning, so it could be a bigger disaster than we all imagine. Let's hope not! :)

Joel

roddenberry-173x63.jpg

Link for to win two passes to ComicCon 2010 in San Diego. You get a four-day convention admission for two people. (thumbs u

The Sweepstakes winner will be announced on Thursday, July 1st 2010. Prize must be claimed in San Diego on a will call basis from 7:00pm Wednesday, July 21st through the close of the convention on Sunday, July 25th.

Airfare, hotel accommodations, and any other transportation, lodging, or expenses are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. (shrug)

I am planning to ride the Coaster up the coast from San Diego on the Sat. Can someone recommend the best stop for phototaking (e.g. cliffs to the beach): Sorrento Valley, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad or Oceanside? I don't know the geography there.

I apologize if this is a silly question, how does one find out who will actually be at SDCC? Seems some cool artists are never announced but have booths for signings and such.

I would like sig from the following:

Joss Whedon

John Cassaday

Joe Hill

Gabriel Rodriguez

Frank Quitely

Grant Morrison

Tony Moore

Charles Adlard

Gary Frank

Ian Churchill

Rob Guillory

John Layman

Eric Shanower

If you want to find out if that list of people will be at the San Diego Comic Con, you will need to wait until the month or so before the show, and check:

1. The Comic-Con website. (http://www.comic-con.org/cci) I would start with Artist's Alley, perhaps the Exhibitor listings once they are posted, and for some of these guests, the best way to know is to read the Programming Schedule the 2 weeks before the show.

2. These threads. (As the show gets closer, we'll be posting a lot of this information anyway, and targeting our favorites.)

3. Online searches. Check the publishers (IDW for Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez. Marvel booth for folks like Whedon and Cassaday, or Dark Horse for Whedon) websites. If the artist has a representative who sells their artwork, check that person's website for an announcement. (some wait until right before the show)

Of course, not to be a buzz kill, but the odds of Frank Quitely, Gary Frank, or Ian Churchill showing up are low. (not 0%, but low) Grant Morrison and Tony Moore might show up, I think Adlard tries to make the San Diego show at his art rep's table.

You'll find Layman and Guillory at the Image booth, Shanower will have his own booth. Whedon (Marvel/Dark Horse) Cassaday (Marvel) Hill/Rodriguez (IDW is your best bet)

I think that's everyone from your list.

Its been a few years since I've been to SDCC, since all the passes are sold out now, is there any chance they'll release any more single day tickets or are they completely gone?

Would have liked to go on a Friday but didn't realize how far in advance they sell out nowadays.

This is the first years passes have been sold out so many months ago. However, some passes should be available in the month before the show. Use Twitter and follow the Comic_Con id. Every day, the con will post tickets on eBay and announce it on their Twitter account.