• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Looks like I'm not going either this year :(.. Got no tix!?!?

If it's any consolation, I'm not going this year either. :foryou:

On the other hand, I haven't gone to a comics convention in over ten years!

Kind of annoying that you have to purchase each day's parking permit as a separate transaction, and pay a $2.92 processing fee for each day.
they are trying to make money any way they can :sick:

Yeah, why put up with the costly parking, the crowds, the B.O... :sick:

Kind of annoying that you have to purchase each day's parking permit as a separate transaction, and pay a $2.92 processing fee for each day.
they are trying to make money any way they can :sick:

Yeah, why put up with the costly parking, the crowds, the B.O... :sick:

I go for social reasons these days and if I snag a few books than cool :cool:

Wondering if anyone has any insight on some artists going to SDCC...

Mike Allred - According to his web page, so San Diego this year, WILL be at Baltimore in August

Geoff Darrow, Mike Mignola - No confirmation yet. Nothing on Dark Horses site...

Brian Bolland - Was at Heroes. Does he do SDCC?

J. Scott Campbell - ?

Wondering if anyone has any insight on some artists going to SDCC...

Mike Allred - According to his web page, so San Diego this year, WILL be at Baltimore in August

Geoff Darrow, Mike Mignola - No confirmation yet. Nothing on Dark Horses site...

Brian Bolland - Was at Heroes. Does he do SDCC?

J. Scott Campbell - ?

Mignola usually attends San Diego, as he and his family now live in Los Angeles. Darrow chooses to tag along most of the time and sit near/at Mignola's booth in Hall G.

To the best of my knowledge, Bolland does NOT do San Diego.

Campbell is planning to come to San Diego, he will be sitting in Hall G at NFR (Naked Fat Rave), a collection of artists around booth #4601 I believe... Campbell hopes to have a new sketchbook ready, plus another calendar, along with his More Gray Area sketchbook and Black Cat/MJ prints for sale already.

Hey guys,

just delurking here. I'll have an exhibtor badge to sell for SDCC this year. One catch is it's only for Saturday And Sunday. I"m going to be using it for Preview Night, Thursday and Friday. Highly doubt I'll need it for Saturday and I fly home that sunday.

If anybody is intersted please send me an IM

Hey guys,

just delurking here. I'll have an exhibtor badge to sell for SDCC this year. One catch is it's only for Saturday And Sunday. I"m going to be using it for Preview Night, Thursday and Friday. Highly doubt I'll need it for Saturday and I fly home that sunday.

pm sent.

I have an odd request. If anyone here was planning on going to SDCC 2010 and had reservations at a hotel close by the convention hall and are going to cancel.... please pm me. I have booked a hotel about 3 miles away but would really like to be close to the show. Hopefully we can switch the reservation to my name, I will take care of the penalty fee if successful.

Thanks for any help.

Andre

I have an odd request. If anyone here was planning on going to SDCC 2010 and had reservations at a hotel close by the convention hall and are going to cancel.... please pm me. I have booked a hotel about 3 miles away but would really like to be close to the show. Hopefully we can switch the reservation to my name, I will take care of the penalty fee if successful.

Thanks for any help.

Andre

Sucks to be you.

Hey guys,

Hey gooch, I don't know your situation, but last year, there was an issue with dealer passes being abused. So, you may want to check with the dealer you got your pass from before you sell it to a third party.

Is anyone going to get the exclusive Ultimate Captain America figure at SDCC?

Got a pic of it?

No :( Its was in Toyfare,and I wanted to know if anyone was going to buy it.

Found this photo about the show and Toyfare article, but does say it is a prototype, so some details may change:

UltCap.jpg

SDCC admission: $100

Parking @ wife's work: Free

Living in San Diego: Priceless

Haven't been to a show in 10 years and it was a mess then. Think I'm in for shock.

Hoping to complete my JIM/Thor run so spend your $ on some nice spiderman.