• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, Bird said:

I wanted to bust chops about some 7 issues series and say "why you hating on civil war, ..."  :sumo: but Atlantis Chronicles was the next best 7 issue I could think of! doh!

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born is 7 issues, and not terrible if you're a fan of the novels. I'm pretty sure that a couple of DC's sundry crises are also 7 issues, but I lose track of their titles as well as which one is which (Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Quasipenultimate Crisis...).

On 9/28/2021 at 8:10 PM, littledoom said:

In the case of the Watchmen the other main competition saw me plucking all the Watchmen. So he ignored the rest in search of the #1.. I should have just offered him $20 for it. He also got Hulk Future Imperfect 1 which I needed. A lot of these types of ppl don't consider full value for runs/sets like I do. All the comics were unorganized and mismatched in diff boxes. Although the very first box I went to had a lot of great comics. It was a frenzy

Figured. They should have just put them as a set. Oh well. They sold either way.

Hello to all.

I went to my first estate sale today, conversed with a great couple of people waiting before opening time.

Just curious if anyone here has been through what I, and others waiting to enter today have experienced.

Before the estate sale was underway, a sign in sheet was provided. Persons that were present added their name on the list, and waited. One individual that was not there initially just 'showed up', and when the names started to be called, he mentioned he was the 'First One'. Others echoed that he was not there first, and that he appeared after other prospective buyers there. I myself witnessed this.

I may be incorrect in my opinion on this, but if one is the 'First One' on the list or line, shouldn't said individual be there physically, not 'disappear, to reappear, alone. Also, no one was there representing, or 'holding' this individual's place.

Has anyone experienced this?

On 10/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, Ceito said:

Hello to all.

I went to my first estate sale today, conversed with a great couple of people waiting before opening time.

Just curious if anyone here has been through what I, and others waiting to enter today have experienced.

Before the estate sale was underway, a sign in sheet was provided. Persons that were present added their name on the list, and waited. One individual that was not there initially just 'showed up', and when the names started to be called, he mentioned he was the 'First One'. Others echoed that he was not there first, and that he appeared after other prospective buyers there. I myself witnessed this.

I may be incorrect in my opinion on this, but if one is the 'First One' on the list or line, shouldn't said individual be there physically, not 'disappear, to reappear, alone. Also, no one was there representing, or 'holding' this individual's place.

Has anyone experienced this?

Its unclear what you mean.

If he did show up first and was on a list 1st, then why should he or anyone stick around to vouch, are you saying he didnt provide ID that his name was the 1st on the lost? Seems like an easy solution but idk

Ibe heard if they do sign a lost, they're not obligated to stick around, but if no one can vouch if the 1st name called is his, then ID is used.

But ya also maybe if no one else said they were the name that was called 1st, then it wouldnt be 2 people claiming 1st spot so ni confusion.

What the text looked like or the way I read it he wsnt even on the list and said he was 1st lol

In that case I have no idea

Also it depends on how early the lost was provided, and when others signed it and if they too had the option to leave.

Imo that's the whole point of a list

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

my experience is that the list is provided so that you do not have to actually wait, you sign up and then come back when the sale opens

knowing when the list goes out, or if there is no list, is first thing to find out if you want to go

On 10/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, Bird said:

my experience is that the list is provided so that you do not have to actually wait, you sign up and then come back when the sale opens

knowing when the list goes out, or if there is no list, is first thing to find out if you want to go

Exactly if he showed up as soon as the list started, he's fine to leave.  That's the point of the list.

What ended up happening?  Did you guys crucify him? 

On 10/1/2021 at 8:52 PM, Bird said:

My understanding as well, it's the whole point of a list  :)

I too have stayed after signing the lost to hear the 2nd person arrive behind me say he was 1st, I was thankful that the list proved that I was 1st, even though I didnt leave; the bickering can still happen lol

On 10/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Its unclear what you mean.

If he did show up first and was on a list 1st, then why should he or anyone stick around to vouch, are you saying he didnt provide ID that his name was the 1st on the lost? Seems like an easy solution but idk

Thank you for responding. Yes, no id, or anything. Like i posted, HE just showed up.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:54 PM, Wolverinex said:

Exactly if he showed up as soon as the list started, he's fine to leave.  That's the point of the list.

What ended up happening?  Did you guys crucify him? 

Lol. No. No one said anything, IMO, it was in a seedy area, so even i wasn't inclined to mention anything.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:21 PM, Wolverinex said:

Did you get anything good? What app did you use to find out about the comics?

Thank you for asking. It was actually posted by @littledoom a couple of posts ago.

And as far as getting anything good, no dice. The person bought the whole lot of short boxes. which i believe was 8, or 10.

Estate sales are messy. Every company's rules are different. Yeah ppl lie/cheat/cut in line. If you physically stay there in person waiting the whole time until the sale starts your place in line should be safe. In my opinion it is the responsibility of the first guy to physically stay there the whole time unless a bathroom break. Usually folks leave a box as a placeholder and sign in/or take a photo. The rules of the company should be posted in the terms & conditions

Edited by littledoom

On 10/1/2021 at 10:06 PM, littledoom said:

Estate sales are messy. Every company's rules are different. Yeah ppl lie/cheat/cut in line. If you physically stay there in person waiting the whole time until the sale starts your place in line should be safe. In my opinion it is the responsibility of the first guy to physically stay there the whole time unless a bathroom break. Usually folks leave a box as a placeholder and sign in/or take a photo. The rules of the company should be posted in the terms & conditions

Did you end up being the 1st guy on the list after posting the link?

Jk

Lol it might have been funny if yo were though  :insane:

Competition is good,  but it can suck sometimes too! :tink: