• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Went to an estate auction last month and bought 2 boxes of old pictures.This was one of them.An original etching by Horace Devitt Welsh.He died in 1942 and it's signed & dedicated on the front and signed on the back also.

Auction025.jpg

Got another one that may be an original watercolor by Teok Carrasco.Have to get it out from behind the glass.

Auction031.jpg

Wow.First one is pretty good but the second one is great.

not to knowlegeable on pricing for these. What are they worth?

Went to an estate auction last month and bought 2 boxes of old pictures.This was one of them.An original etching by Horace Devitt Welsh.He died in 1942 and it's signed & dedicated on the front and signed on the back also.

Auction025.jpg

Got another one that may be an original watercolor by Teok Carrasco.Have to get it out from behind the glass.

Auction031.jpg

Wow.First one is pretty good but the second one is great.

$150 to maybe $500 on the Welsh etching from past sales.

The Carrasco is an unknown with a couple of examples on ebay that remain unsold at around $2500,so figure somewhere less than that.

Also found a couple of Audubon prints that had been "slightly" trimmed to fit the frames so that about halved the value right there.Not rare ones,they were stamped Coverdale collection.

wow sweet deal, congrats

$150 to maybe $500 on the Welsh etching from past sales.

The Carrasco is an unknown with a couple of examples on ebay that remain unsold at around $2500,so figure somewhere less than that.

Also found a couple of Audubon prints that had been "slightly" trimmed to fit the frames so that about halved the value right there.Not rare ones,they were stamped Coverdale collection.

Here's the box. What did I find in it?

Box.jpg

ASM #1? A double cover comic? 50 copies of X-Force #1?

I bought all of the Marvel and DCs from this box. About 72 books total. Here are some highlights.

IMAG0710.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

:news: Update:

AF8-1.jpg

JLA1.jpg

TTA36.jpg

I picked these up over the span of three yard sales this morning.

Almost all of the comics are 9.8s, not counting the two BA DC's.

The two slabs are 9.8s and I didn't know if they were worth anything because I don't keep up with that junk. I paid 50 cents each for them and after getting home, I realize I may have overpaid. lol

The Wolverines are prime copies and the #35 will be posted in that thread later. :whee:

I pick up Potter books when I see them cheap at yard sales. I got these home to realize that both are first printings. lol

A good day to go to yard sales today. ^^

131814.jpg.0aaa2c0bbd27136cec49266b13e3cbf2.jpg

131815.jpg.e09741183ac972e76f55ec92594353b7.jpg

I picked up 2 huge tubs of manga. I bought with an eye to resell, but I have never read any and might check some out after checking some reviews. My wife seems to be claiming some.

Case Closed - 1-7, 31-32

Absolute Boyfriend 1-6

Hikaru No Go 1-4

Zombie Powder 1-4

Mar 1-13

Rurouni Kenshin 1-28

Naruto 1-7

Full Moon 1-7

The Gentleman's Allowance 1-11

Bleach 7"4 1-30

Angel Diary 1-13

Hack/G.U.T. 1-5

Captive Hearts 1-5

Nightmare Inspector 1-9

B.ichi 1-4

Ultra Maniac 1-5

Kingdom Hearts 1-4

Kingdom Hearts II 1-2

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories 1-2

Alice in the Country of Hearts 1-5

Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx 1-5

Time Stranger Kyoko 1-3

Kage Tora 1-5

Soul Eater 1-4

.hack // Legend of the Twilight - The Complete Colelction 1-3

.hack // Alcor

Shaman King 1-28

D. Gray-Man 1-21

Songs to Make You Smile

Hikaru No Go 5-8

I think about 33 cents each is what it came out to. I think I did ok.

I scored a a whole long box of SA and GA goodies including a full-run of the Phantom Stranger (vol 2, #1-40) Most are in high-grade too (including #1)! Very happy right now!

This was in a lot with a very generous amount of GA books. Lots of Four Color books. Sadly, many were sad crumbling heaps of kindling, but a few survived. I got a couple early Roy Roger's Comics and a Trigger #3 in nice shape. Even got a Rin Tin Tin #10 that would be in NM condition if a 1-1/2" chunk of the lrhc wasn't chewed off by mice.

Oh yeah, there was also a full run of Bomba, the Jungle Boy from 1967 (1-7). Near mint to those too. There were also some decent pre-100 JLA's as well as some cool Gold Key's like the Twilight Zone, Ripley's BioN, and UFO Flying Saucer. Very surprised in general with my finds this week. All in all, about 230 books at about 1.50/book. Only 30 of them were worthless moderns. (Team America, Cloak & Dagger, etc...) They were all her uncles books and she was happy to get rid of them all at once for my offer. Here are some of the pics, not in any real order...

3nd3E73Ne5Kd5F55X3cao0a9d020a3aff1035.jpg3G63m83F95N25K35M7cao628280cfd6001a51.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo33.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo37.jpg

I picked these up over the span of three yard sales this morning.

Almost all of the comics are 9.8s, not counting the two BA DC's.

The two slabs are 9.8s and I didn't know if they were worth anything because I don't keep up with that junk. I paid 50 cents each for them and after getting home, I realize I may have overpaid. lol

The Wolverines are prime copies and the #35 will be posted in that thread later. :whee:

I pick up Potter books when I see them cheap at yard sales. I got these home to realize that both are first printings. lol

A good day to go to yard sales today. ^^

:applause:

Phantom Strange high grade set is currently being offered for sale for $3000 (thumbs u

I scored a a whole long box of SA and GA goodies including a full-run of the Phantom Stranger (vol 2, #1-40) Most are in high-grade too (including #1)! Very happy right now!

This was in a lot with a very generous amount of GA books. Lots of Four Color books. Sadly, many were sad crumbling heaps of kindling, but a few survived. I got a couple early Roy Roger's Comics and a Trigger #3 in nice shape. Even got a Rin Tin Tin #10 that would be in NM condition if a 1-1/2" chunk of the lrhc wasn't chewed off by mice.

Oh yeah, there was also a full run of Bomba, the Jungle Boy from 1967 (1-7). Near mint to those too. There were also some decent pre-100 JLA's as well as some cool Gold Key's like the Twilight Zone, Ripley's BioN, and UFO Flying Saucer. Very surprised in general with my finds this week. All in all, about 230 books at about 1.50/book. Only 30 of them were worthless moderns. (Team America, Cloak & Dagger, etc...) They were all her uncles books and she was happy to get rid of them all at once for my offer. Here are some of the pics, not in any real order...

3nd3E73Ne5Kd5F55X3cao0a9d020a3aff1035.jpg3G63m83F95N25K35M7cao628280cfd6001a51.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo33.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo37.jpg

You did very well. It looks like you got complete runs or large portions of complete runs. I just sold off most of my manga. If you sell them on ebay, I just look at recent sales to price them out. Like Rurouni Kenshin I think I sold it between $150.00- $175.00. Not top dollar but still great for a used set of books. Also, free shipping seems to make the higher priced manga lots sell.

But if you are curious to read one, I would select Rurouni Kenshi. Don't shy away by the number of volumes in the series. There is a lot of fight scenes and it isn't dialogue heavy.

I picked up 2 huge tubs of manga. I bought with an eye to resell, but I have never read any and might check some out after checking some reviews. My wife seems to be claiming some.

Case Closed - 1-7, 31-32

Absolute Boyfriend 1-6

Hikaru No Go 1-4

Zombie Powder 1-4

Mar 1-13

Rurouni Kenshin 1-28

Naruto 1-7

Full Moon 1-7

Bleach 7"4 1-30

Angel Diary 1-13

Hack/G.U.T. 1-5

Captive Hearts 1-5

Nightmare Inspector 1-9

B.ichi 1-4

Ultra Maniac 1-5

Kingdom Hearts 1-4

Kingdom Hearts II 1-2

Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx 1-5

Time Stranger Kyoko 1-3

Kage Tora 1-5

Soul Eater 1-4

.hack // Alcor

Shaman King 1-28

D. Gray-Man 1-21

Songs to Make You Smile

Hikaru No Go 5-8

You did very well. It looks like you got complete runs or large portions of complete runs. I just sold off most of my manga. If you sell them on ebay, I just look at recent sales to price them out. Like Rurouni Kenshin I think I sold it between $150.00- $175.00. Not top dollar but still great for a used set of books. Also, free shipping seems to make the higher priced manga lots sell.

But if you are curious to read one, I would select Rurouni Kenshi. Don't shy away by the number of volumes in the series. There is a lot of fight scenes and it isn't dialogue heavy.

That's double what I paid for them all.

Thanks for the recommendation. Appreciate it. I am totally green, so a little advice helps!

Case Closed - 1-7, 31-32

Absolute Boyfriend 1-6

Hikaru No Go 1-4

Zombie Powder 1-4

Mar 1-13

Rurouni Kenshin 1-28

Naruto 1-7

Full Moon 1-7

Bleach 7"4 1-30

Angel Diary 1-13

Hack/G.U.T. 1-5

Captive Hearts 1-5

Nightmare Inspector 1-9

B.ichi 1-4

Ultra Maniac 1-5

Kingdom Hearts 1-4

Kingdom Hearts II 1-2

Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx 1-5

Time Stranger Kyoko 1-3

Kage Tora 1-5

Soul Eater 1-4

.hack // Alcor

Shaman King 1-28

D. Gray-Man 1-21

Songs to Make You Smile

Hikaru No Go 5-8

You did good yecul, it's a shame most people don't like to read manga AND comics (and European comics by the way). Most people just focus on one of these and loose a lot of great stories and art from the other two genres.

From your haul I recommend:

Rurouni Kenshin: You got the complete series and one of the best ever. As others have said don't worry about the quantity of volumes, you'll easily read 5 a day!

Zombie Powder: Most people seem to like it, I thought it was ok, but you might want to try it at least one volume.

Case Closed: I'd by the first 7 volumes for you if I didn't live in the end of the world, that series is around since 1994, it's one of those cult classics you either hate or love, I happen to love it.

You've got Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater and D. Gray-Man, those will be easy to sell I guess since everyone who's into manga reads them... Their quality is debatable, but you might want to try and read at least one volume.

Happy readings, and if you do feel like getting some more and need advice feel free to PM me, I read a lot of manga! :makepoint:

Case Closed - 1-7, 31-32

Absolute Boyfriend 1-6

Hikaru No Go 1-4

Zombie Powder 1-4

Mar 1-13

Rurouni Kenshin 1-28

Naruto 1-7

Full Moon 1-7

Bleach 7"4 1-30

Angel Diary 1-13

Hack/G.U.T. 1-5

Captive Hearts 1-5

Nightmare Inspector 1-9

B.ichi 1-4

Ultra Maniac 1-5

Kingdom Hearts 1-4

Kingdom Hearts II 1-2

Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx 1-5

Time Stranger Kyoko 1-3

Kage Tora 1-5

Soul Eater 1-4

.hack // Alcor

Shaman King 1-28

D. Gray-Man 1-21

Songs to Make You Smile

Hikaru No Go 5-8

Great find. Some of the stuff is good reading, but alot of it is decent money. I sold almost the same exact run of Bleach for almost $200 by itself.