• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Whoops - looks like I double posted one pic.  My hands are still shaking!  Thanks guys.  I also picked these books up at a Con this morning but they were not dirt cheap like the others.

IMG_3870.JPG

Just now, 1Cool said:

Whoops - looks like I double posted one pic.  My hands are still shaking!  Thanks guys.  I also picked these books up at a Con this morning but they were not dirt cheap like the others.

IMG_3870.JPG

Nice haul! I need to marry your luck to come up these kinds of cherries ?!

9 minutes ago, greggy said:

You'll still fail miserably in selling these books.

xoxo

greggy

@1Cool

A Greggy comment that includes words is like gold to me:cloud9:

13 minutes ago, Bird said:

I was about to say "where's the Spawn 1s?" Good score.

Thanks bird.  The Spawn 1s were some of the nicest books he had to I grabbed the whole stack.  I did pass up on a whole long box of Avengers Annual 10 since for some reason he had them priced high.  But 300 copies sitting there definitely was strange to see.

10 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Estimated grades?

A bunch did not even have boards so I'm expecting a lot of FN to VF copies when I get a full look at them.  The mega books like She-Hulk 1 and Spawn should have some 9.6/9.8 contenders but who knows after a press.  I've got to run to my daughters dance recital but I'll look more at them tonight.

Hard pressed to call any of them keys let along mega keys.  But if there are 35 copies of a book you have to think a few are higher grades.

My neighborhood was having a garage sale this weekend and my daughter wanted me to sell some stuff. Since I had nothing to sell, I put out some comics and mentioned them in the ad.

I got emails from people, one from NC who wanted to buy my "collection" and pay by PP, pick it up in 2 weeks;).

Some nice people stopped by, but what really surprised me, was that more than 1/2 of them were WOMEN!.

One was buying for her sister and one for her sons, but the rest were collectors.

It was a nice feeling. 

Years ago if I did that, I'd get all men with one wife twiddling her thumbs;) 

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

My neighborhood was having a garage sale this weekend and my daughter wanted me to sell some stuff. Since I had nothing to sell, I put out some comics and mentioned them in the ad.

I got emails from people, one from NC who wanted to buy my "collection" and pay by PP, pick it up in 2 weeks;).

Some nice people stopped by, but what really surprised me, was that more than 1/2 of them were WOMEN!.

One was buying for her sister and one for her sons, but the rest were collectors.

It was a nice feeling. 

Years ago if I did that, I'd get all men with one wife twiddling her thumbs;) 

:headbang: Are the Fox's gone Sha?!!!! 

Wonderfest was this weekend, so even though I still have zero model kit skills, I still attended as always. No real comics to speak of (only three tables with comics, one with dollar books I didn't need, the other crazy CRAZY overpriced drek) but I did pick up a bunch of dirt cheap toys. The Batman figs come from an...unfortunate era in his toy history, but MOSC for under $3 each, I figured I may as well grab them. 

IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3851.JPG

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

That was intense!  I stumbled upon a guy who was closing up a store and was doing a huge sale in my area.  He wasn't interested in selling the collection as a whole so I cherry picked what he had and was shocked at all the books he still had in storage.  The bags were so old they practically melted together but the books are in great shape.  His bulk deals were so good I practically grabbed whole stacks and filled a long box.  I've got his number and hopefully we can cement a bigger deal later!

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3882.JPG

If any of those Avengers #196 books are a 9.8 candidate I'd be interested :-)