• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I passed on 5-10 today for $3-$5 each at a local comic show. I did pick up one though as part of a trade, 900 drek comics for $75 credit at a booth. I also bought one of the 3 ASM 300s in the room.

So glad to have that drek gone. Almost all unbagged. 

Bird, were you at the Old Bridge con?

5 minutes ago, Eddragon said:

Bird, were you at the Old Bridge con?

Yes. Did you get those books on the page prior from the garage sale in Bridgewater area on Friday?

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

Yes. Did you get those books on the page prior from the garage sale in Bridgewater area on Friday?

Cool - was tempted to make the ride out to old bridge but had to run errands today. Surprised to hear so few ASM 300s were available...was it a small show?

The ROM set was from a garage sale in Wayne and the other was from a sale in Paramus.

11 minutes ago, Eddragon said:

Cool - was tempted to make the ride out to old bridge but had to run errands today. Surprised to hear so few ASM 300s were available...was it a small show?

The ROM set was from a garage sale in Wayne and the other was from a sale in Paramus.

Well, JP was kind enough to allow me access to the dealers at load in to sell 900 books. I saw 3 RAW asm300s but there were also a few slabbed. I think there were 20 dealers. I was bushed though and by the time I made my way around the room the neck and back ached. Which is why I forgot to go back for books that I  had put aside (5-6 books...X-Men Annual 14, 2 Darkhawk 1s and a few others) at one guys table as he was off buying on his own...included a Batman 457 and now I'll never know if it was the 000 variant! 

18 hours ago, Bird said:

Well, JP was kind enough to allow me access to the dealers at load in to sell 900 books. I saw 3 RAW asm300s but there were also a few slabbed. I think there were 20 dealers. I was bushed though and by the time I made my way around the room the neck and back ached. Which is why I forgot to go back for books that I  had put aside (5-6 books...X-Men Annual 14, 2 Darkhawk 1s and a few others) at one guys table as he was off buying on his own...included a Batman 457 and now I'll never know if it was the 000 variant! 

Nice! 20 dealers is a good amount. I'll make sure to check out the next one.

hrmmmm...need to go check my stack of 457s :-)

16 hours ago, srezvan said:

Responded to a craigslist ad a couple of weeks ago advertising a ton of sports cards and non-sports cards. I asked for photos of the non-sports cards or a list of some kind. Waited a while and was told that no lists or photos are available. I didn't respond. A week passes and he emails me back and says that I could take all the non-sports cards for a certain price. I go by and dig through a hundred boxes of cards and pull out the non-sports cards. This is what the haul looks like:

20170528_194612.thumb.jpg.fe98b44f0b9dbd255d036d02518c6d4d.jpg

15 long boxes of cards and a large packing box full of cards. I don't know exactly what's in there yet. There are some 70s Star Wars cards (regular size and jumbo), ET, Indiana Jones, Marvel, DC, New Kids on the Block, Dune, Bill and Ted's, artist sets, Disney...that's just what I remember off the top of my head. Thousands of cards. It'll take me a while to sort these guys.

There are a surprising number of card dealers at our local shows, I didn't think there was a lot of value in cards....who knows maybe you'll find some old CCGs like Magic or Pokémon...

My mother in law called me from an antique shop 20 miles outside of town. I picked up a few, going back later this week to meet the husband and check out some boxes he has in storage. They had a TON of Topps comics and late 90s Chaos.

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

The Missus and I headed down to the lake for the holiday weekend, which meant another pass by my favorite small town peddler's mall. After the haul I picked up a couple of weeks ago, I emailed the guy who owns the comic booth. I've never seen a comic booth in a Peddlers Mall that carried new books, but he said that he is trying to test the waters to see if he can sell enough new books in that very small town, to justify opening a full shop down the road. I wish him well, though I'd be surprised if that area could support a dedicated comic shop. But you never know!

Anyway, I picked up a few more books from him, nearly all at below cover price. What makes it super special is all of his stuff is in GREAT shape. It looks like he probably started the booth up with his personal collection, and it looks like he carefully bagged and boarded everything right off the stands. Several of these I'll be able to send straight in to CGC without any tinkering.  Some nice books!

(The Action 775 includes the newsstand as well!)

Photo May 29, 11 19 29 PM.jpg

Photo May 29, 11 20 37 PM.jpg

Photo May 29, 11 21 56 PM.jpg

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The Missus and I headed down to the lake for the holiday weekend, which meant another pass by my favorite small town peddler's mall. After the haul I picked up a couple of weeks ago, I emailed the guy who owns the comic booth. I've never seen a comic booth in a Peddlers Mall that carried new books, but he said that he is trying to test the waters to see if he can sell enough new books in that very small town, to justify opening a full shop down the road. I wish him well, though I'd be surprised if that area could support a dedicated comic shop. But you never know!

Anyway, I picked up a few more books from him, nearly all at below cover price. What makes it super special is all of his stuff is in GREAT shape. It looks like he probably started the booth up with his personal collection, and it looks like he carefully bagged and boarded everything right off the stands. Several of these I'll be able to send straight in to CGC without any tinkering.  Some nice books!

(The Action 775 includes the newsstand as well!)

Photo May 29, 11 19 29 PM.jpg

Photo May 29, 11 20 37 PM.jpg

Photo May 29, 11 21 56 PM.jpg

I don't do newer modern comics but those JLA covers look awsome. Who is the artist?

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

I don't do newer modern comics but those JLA covers look awsome. Who is the artist?

Probably Alex Ross, is my guess...?

Indeed, JSA/Justice Society of America (two different titles, I think JSA was 2005 and Justice Society was 2009?) and the covers are by Alex Ross. He did a great run on both volumes, but those black-background, single character portraits are really dynamite stuff.

16 hours ago, Okeydoke said:

Got these at a local second hand book store last night. Not in perfect condition, but for .99 each I wasn't gonna argue.

20170531_232609.jpg

Wow, nice!