• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I can never understand why people think things should cost less at a flea market than they do on ebay. It does happen and I'm always hoping it will but I don't expect it. At the flea market you can hold it, inspect it and not pay for shipping. Or, you can pay less and chance it...

I sell a lot of antiques and collectibles at flea markets. No modern comics though. I price fair and discount if needed. I am usually the only one out there with SA and GA comics at all. I get my share of the tacky lowballers with their cell phones quoting ebay prices trying to tell me what stuff is "worth". Depending on attitude, I sometimes just tell them to hit that "buy it now" button since it is such a great deal. Never had anybody do it though.

I love it Bird. Flea markets on a week day. Only on the east coast. We only get them on weekends out here.

A typical set up for me

flea%201_zpsxznqkfdb.jpg

flea%203_zpseehuv0jm.jpg

flea%202_zpsmkisjv7f.jpg

Are those LB Ice Dog Jersey's tucked in on the back of those racks??

5 minutes ago, cupny said:

Are those LB Ice Dog Jersey's tucked in on the back of those racks??

Maybe, I don't really know. That was the guy next to me. He had nothing but sports stuff. I bought an old minor league wool baseball jersey from him to wear. 

On 5/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, Bighaley21 said:

Picked up a lot of golden age books last night from a local seller. This was one of the highlights.. <3

vasEEjhh.jpg

0LdvkxHh.jpg

Very nice! Any more horror titles? :golfclap:

I hit some yard sales and spent $25 on comics, a new metal Texaco sign, and 14 cans of the Andy Warhol target soup. I should make that back and more on the soup pretty quickly. No time for pics as I am in a rush but the one yard sale said he sold $150 worth of comics yesterday at 2 or 3 for a $1. I saw the issues surrounding the Hulk 441 pulp fiction cover so that likely went yesterday! But still some good stuff but nothing too crazy good.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I hit some yard sales and spent $25 on comics, a new metal Texaco sign, and 14 cans of the Andy Warhol target soup. I should make that back and more on the soup pretty quickly. No time for pics as I am in a rush but the one yard sale said he sold $150 worth of comics yesterday at 2 or 3 for a $1. I saw the issues surrounding the Hulk 441 pulp fiction cover so that likely went yesterday! But still some good stuff but nothing too crazy good.

Are those Warhol soups valuable? I bought a bunch when they were out, and I use them as pen cups (once emptied).

1 minute ago, Mackenzie999 said:

Are those Warhol soups valuable? I bought a bunch when they were out, and I use them as pen cups (once emptied).

They seem to be $5-$8 each on sold ebay listings, but I haven't checked the flavors yet. (shrug)

4 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

It's all fun and games flipping books until you end up with 900 books that need to be inventoried and scanned... :tonofbricks:

Preach on brother man! I am hoping to unload exactly 900 books to a dealer tomorrow, preferably for a (partial?) trade towards one good book or something like that. Scanning and inventory just does not happen often enough at my house. I keep track of money in and money out each month and that is about it. Then I ebay as much as I can. Like divad (who started a sales thread to do something about it), I am disheartened that ebay kept their free listings to 50 this month instead of doubling that as they have the last few months. So I have 5 days to get ahead and just inventoried my Walking Dead. Well, most of it. 

But I found two new honey holes this week. One when I was driving and asked siri for directions to the nearest comic shop and it replied "turn left in 500 feet" and I was one mile from a groovy store. Too bad I didn't have my hot book list with me, but I still spent $25 on 6 great comics including Spawn #1 newstand. 45 minutes from home, I would never have found that shop on my normal commute but had to go get a birth certificate copy at my childhood home!

Here are some (minor) hits from today's yard sales...just as many misses in another pile. There is a 2nd Black Cross on the other side of that one.

DA3mjiTXgAAh3Wf.jpg

8 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Today's find. Buck a book.

IMG_2232.JPG

I was just talking today about that 80s tv show about the guy getting sucked into the tv game world. Wasn't that Captain "N" for Nintendo? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Yesterday I went to one garage sale. Saw a picture of one box full of 1980s comics, I went quite early. After checking - not much as I only brought about a dozen books and few TPBs (for a friend when I told him that). All for $15. The box also had a few 1960/70s comics mixed in. I found two copies of SS #23 ... amazing that they survived as NM all the time since. The box wasn't the standard comic box. Quite loosely these books were in.  The TPB "House of M" is good reading! 

One nice surprise... I found a double cover comic in the wild! 

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm always amazed how well some books survive not being bagged/boarded for years while others seem to go through hell 

Actually most of these books were bagged, just not boarded. Original bags since 1980s, I imaged. But the fact they were loose inside a big box (it hold about 250 books approx). I had the SS books put in new fresh bagsand boards. One looks like it'd hit a 9.4 :smile:

Some of my latest finds:

1) Off a FB Marketplace/garage sale post 

- found these + around 110 other books for $25. This was a terrific deal IMO

B75Hw3r.jpg

2) Recent garage sale

- Complete run of 1980s ROM
- World War Hulk books
- Some random spidey books
- Secret Wars 1- 10 ( including the #8 below which I re-bagged once I got home)

I also picked up a Marvel Select Moon Knight and a Star Wars Utapau Shadow Trooper figure, both in sealed packaging 

2K42hTzl.jpg

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It's amazing to see Venom Lethal protector in pics again.

I passed on 5-10 today for $3-$5 each at a local comic show. I did pick up one though as part of a trade, 900 drek comics for $75 credit at a booth. I also bought one of the 3 ASM 300s in the room.

So glad to have that drek gone. Almost all unbagged.