• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Namtak said:

A good day for flea market still no comics there,but two nes complete in box and manual and zelda 2 grey cartrige(second print)!

20210501_143619.jpg

20210501_143633.jpg

Man loved that Simpson game, and getting the scenery to do stuff to proceed with the game, such good times, I wish my brother had been older to enjoy it more. He couldnt get the hang of it, but man did he watch me play and root for me. From lighting a firework to change a school curtain pink, to skating the great wall, to the final level of burns and bats! :headbang: Rock ON

I never could get the hang of adventure of link at all, other than the very 1st I sucked at zelda link or anything, the only close 2nd was ocarina of time  :)

But still never beat that one myself, but my brother loved it, Nice pick Ups!

15 minutes ago, snitzer said:

No way was I passing up this find today :x

8E307EC7-0D7B-4903-8C24-50BF20658B5C.jpeg

I remember being 5 or 6, and having friends with that book, lol if I recall correctly some of those friends had bad time with it and they were 9 or 10 telling me about it. Awe to be sponges again lol

1 minute ago, Rip said:

This one rather boring. All the other books she had was worthless so I picked up just the one. She was selling them for the original owner and we made a deal on her front porch.

Hmm, so ok, how about an interesting story. I think I've got quite a few over the years. Have you heard the story about the low grade Hulk 1 (Fair) I bought from a Demonologist?
Basically this person contacted me and left a message. When I called back, his son fielded the phone call asking a ton of questions about me. 
His son was screening phone calls because he get lots of wackos seeing him out. Later I found out he was kind of famous and on the Art Bell radio show. The guy was part of a real life Ghost Hunters Group and investigated the paranormal. He actually went to the Vatican and was trained in Demonology. Or at least thats what he claimed. He said he was also a comic book collector when he was a kid and Hulk 1 was one of his favorite comics he bought off the newsstands and saved it from his childhood.

He said he was getting too old for the whole thing, and he needed some cash. Also the calls he got over the years were from mostly leaking pipes or houses with airflow problems. Sometimes he said there was a cursed object and he would do some kind of reading. Personally, I questioned whether he actually believed the whole thing himself. Or maybe he was loosing faith in the whole practice. I don't know.

Both him and his wife were very nice people and we met at a McDonalds near Redding CA. He had other comics as well but wanted too much for them. He had a ASM 129 also.

We met a couple times, I think I bought a few books from him but that was it. This was about 5-6 years ago. Here's a picture of the book.

Hulk1.jpg

Wow, how did  you even find out about that Lady  who lived near your parents?

That is an awesome Hulk 1 and story... hopefully it's not possessed.  

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Wow, how did  you even find out about that Lady  who lived near your parents?

That is an awesome Hulk 1 and story... hopefully it's not possessed.  

Facebook and luck.

8 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I drove around randomly today to some yard sales... found nothing but old clothes and mold.  Left disheartened.  

Happens to all of us,yard sales often you find nothing or everything.pawn shop ,flea market antique mall are more stable but price are often higher,better luck next time (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Namtak said:

Happens to all of us,yard sales often you find nothing or everything.pawn shop ,flea market antique mall are more stable but price are often higher,better luck next time (thumbsu

+1

Garage and yard sale season is all about volume, the more you go to the more likely you’ll find some comics, and when you do luck upon a small or large pile of funny books it makes it oh so sweeter the find!

good luck with the treasure hunting!

Edited by Eddragon
Update my grammar caused by sausage fingers

10 hours ago, Eddragon said:

+1

Garage and yard sale season is all about volume, the more you go to the more likely you’ll find some comics, and when you do luck upon a small or large pile of funny books it makes it oh so sweeter the find!

good luck with the treasure hunting!

I gave that up long ago. Nothing turns up anymore at random garage sales. I just burn gas, waste my time and come home with stuff I don’t need just to come home with something.