• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Rip said:

2ns stop complete unknown.
Traveled way north on a hail mary hoping it was worth the time.

Met a couple selling comics out of the back of their car at a truck stop.

Picked up a small stash. Turned out, it was worth it.

X-men stash.jpg

Arrrg sos bag quick ,i shake just seeing a mash up of gems like that lol

11 hours ago, Rip said:

Long day but it was worth it.

1st stop: Worked out some deals and came home with these. From a high grade Horror collector.

VERY HAPPY! Most of these are staying in the personal collection

Some in grades I've never seen, like the Skywalds

stash 1.jpg

That Creepy 32 used to be hot. I don't know if it still is.

15 hours ago, Rip said:

X-men stash.jpg

Oh damn! I have to hit up truck stops now? (shrug)

15 hours ago, Rip said:

X-men stash.jpg

How did u find out about them?

They called my classified ad. Showed me a couple photos of some 70's books. Said they had 5 USPS boxes full of 70's comics they wanted to get rid off. I wouldn't have traveled 2.5 hours north, but I was seeing another collection about half way so I took a risk without seeing any keys.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey at @F For Fake

I'm no professional , but you're by go to for half price books lol

Or anyone else who cares to let me know

I'm no expert but this appears to be a legit 1st print 35 cent variant of Star Wars #4

:tink:

Low grade but :takeit:

IMG_20210522_112837761.jpg

Hey bud! Sorry for the delay in responding. Ever since my employer started blocking the CGC boards a month or so ago (the nerve!) I'm not on here as much as I used to be. How dare they prevent me from loafing at work!

At any rate, yes, looks legit to me, and is an absolute steal at $5, regardless of condition! The true 35 cent variants have 35 cent price in a square box, and upc code in the upc box. The reprints have blank upc's. So yes, I think you picked a winner for sure!

21 hours ago, Rip said:

X-men stash.jpg

Pin on Funny stuff

5 hours ago, anstettoman said:

you can find some deals at local comic shows: dollar bin buys.............sorry for the glare in the pics the dark avengers and dd are NM and the truth books are all at least vf/vf+ 

WIN_20210523_13_31_04_Pro.jpg

Post this in the adventures in the dollar box thread . The folks following will like this picture

On 5/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, Robot Man said:

As I said before, a couple months ago another box of about 100 ECs turned up in a closet of another house in this area. Apparently, a young couple found them after buying a house and clearing it out. They contacted a local guy who met them some ware and bought the load REAL cheap. 

This is a big area with tons of old houses. It is a sure thing there are small collections of this size still waiting to be discovered. 

A guy I used to work with liked to tell a story of a find he almost made when he was a kid in Santa Cruz. A local family in the 40's/50's had an only child with a disability. Because the kid was largely confined to home, the parents went to the local newsstand every week and bought 1 each of every issue on the stand. In the mid-60's, the kid died & the parents cleared out the garage (now filled with fruit crates full of comics). The guy I knew had been out surfing and on his way back up the beach, spotted this elderly couple raking the ashes of what had been a huge bonfire... :whatthe:

I didn't want to believe him, but he swore it was a true story.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:15 AM, Dark Knight said:

Missed out this morning on an estate sale where the owner has around 100 pre-code horror books (Crime Suspense Stories, Tales from the Crypt, Shock Suspense, Fear, Vault, etc.)

Apparently the guy who was first in line (also a dealer) spent the night there outside in front of the house.  Sold instantly doh!.  There were not 1.. not 2.. but 3 copies of Crime Suspense Stories #22.  Yeah I'm pissed and thought I had a chance...

They were on ig selling some of the stuff on Sunday ..the crime suspense #22 they had it graded  at 3.5/4 for $3500

2 hours ago, fatlab123 said:

They were on ig selling some of the stuff on Sunday ..the crime suspense #22 they had it graded  at 3.5/4 for $3500

The buyer was at the Valley Con yesterday. I didn’t speak to him but somebody told me he was going to start selling them right away.