• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfect example of what is wrong with this hobby!

190 posts in this topic

Enough Already!!!!!

How did this thread turn into another ridiculous thread about comic supply and all they have done...or haven't done. Let it drop already.

I'll let it drop when he's gone. :foryou:

"Wahhh! you're such a grammar nazi! Wahhhh! Why do you have to correct my spelling and grammar!!?? WAHHHHH!"

Win u kent unturr stan wut ay half 2 seh bcuz wi done spec teh sim lane witch wi r rlly gona b skrud. Pee pull wil dai bcuz thay kent kum u nee ket.

Dude I <3 you. The youth of today have a hard time speaking and spelling correctly. I worked with a guy who had teenagers, he would speak like them and he was 45 years old. At one point, I couldn't understand what he was saying or writing in his business reports. Rather than correcting the problem his children had, he adopted it. We are doomed as this is a common practice.

Doesn't this happen with every young generation though? Many kids I went to high school with (even my sister and her friends) stopped talking/typing like a 8-12 year old and got over it as soon as they reached college.

Enough Already!!!!!

How did this thread turn into another ridiculous thread about comic supply and all they have done...or haven't done. Let it drop already.

I'll let it drop when he's gone. :foryou:

I just assumed when he started a thread entitled "Perfect example of what is wrong with this hobby", that he was finally owning up to his mistakes (shrug)

I understand that you are upset...and I have no problem with warning everyone else that he may not be the most reliable place to buy from...but the best way to make your point is to not buy from him and to make sure your friends know not to buy from him...however, when the guy makes a simple post or thread and it turns into what this one did the whole thing starts to stink a little and in the end Comic Supply won't be the only one with egg on his face.

I'm not saying let it go completely...let's just keep it out of threads that have nothing to do with it. Every time he posts a comment I don't want to have to read the two pages of flame wars that follow.

Then ban him from posting and it will stop. :gossip:

I don't care if you don't believe it. It's true. If you ever want to see copies of the orders after the "trainwreck" just pm me. There was 1, maybe 2-3 AFTER the trainwreck. So, just say you don't believe me and you want proof, and I will smack you with it like I did to comicfanatic.

My return here has nothing to do with his death. I HATE that you even think that. I came on here to defend myself in another thread. It had nothing to do with Nik. Sure, I didn't like Nik at first but after all of that, and after we apologized it was fine. I liked Nik, and it was a f$%ked deal that he left this earth too early. I feel for his family and I know that many on here will miss him. My return has NOTHING to do with him, or anything but trying to right the ship.

You can believe whatever you want, that is your right. I am not trying to win your approval here Sharon. I could care less if you like me, or believe me, or hate me or love me.

My existance here and in this world is not impacted by your actions or statements. Your word's or belief's signify and mean nothing to me.

No one cares anymore.

You got that right.

Enough Already!!!!!

Er...no. (thumbs u

Did Russ get banned from some other comic site?

He hasn't posted on the CGC forum in over a year. Now he’s back racking of the post count and stirring up a whole lot of controversy in the process.

Rock,

I think a lot of the issues with grammar is that these kid's today just play games and sit around. Any sort of communication is done with text messages and quick emails. They have all been taught that it is ok to communicate quickly and typing cuz, instead of because in a text seem's "right" to them.

I believe,that had you and I grown up today, we would be the same. Hopefully by college we would change our communication characteristics.

There is no apostrophe in kids or seems! doh!