• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leo DiCaprio... collector?

56 posts in this topic

Can anyone substantiate that Leonardo Di Caprio still collects and has anything to do with the explosion of prices for 9.8 Marvels?

I've heard people mention this rumor. Would be intersting to hear from someone who has directly sold to him.

1 - The first rule of DiCaprio/ 9.8 Marvels, you do not talk about DiCaprio/ 9.8 Marvels.

#2 - The second rule of DiCaprio/ 9.8 Marvels is, you DO NOT talk about

DiCaprio/ 9.8 Marvels.

;):D

leonardo-dicaprio-ridlet-scott-movie-4-10-07.jpg

Can anyone substantiate that Leonardo Di Caprio still collects and has anything to do with the explosion of prices for 9.8 Marvels?

I've heard people mention this rumor. Would be intersting to hear from someone who has directly sold to him.

Complete conjecture, as far as I know. A few years ago, he was seen at Chris Foss's booth at the SD con, but he was looking at Golden Age, not SA Marvels.

Complete conjecture, as far as I know. A few years ago, he was seen at Chris Foss's booth at the SD con, but he was looking at Golden Age, not SA Marvels.

If he stopped by Chris' booth then he was stuck there for awhile...........Chris is a great guy but he loves to talk! ;)

If he stopped by Chris' booth then he was stuck there for awhile...........Chris is a great guy but he loves to talk! ;)

Ain't that the truth! lol

Hes a goldenage collector.I believe he is[was] a Metro Client to. I think Steve told me he bought a Marvel # 1 way back. I believe his father was in the comicbook business in some way. I cant remember how.

His dad did an underground called Cocaine Comics or Cocaine Comix. Something with Cocaine in the title anyway.

Hes a goldenage collector.I believe he is[was] a Metro Client to. I think Steve told me he bought a Marvel # 1 way back. I believe his father was in the comicbook business in some way. I cant remember how.

His dad did an underground called Cocaine Comics or Cocaine Comix. Something with Cocaine in the title anyway.

I guess hes an advocate of going Green too. Environmentally speaking.

There would have to be at least TWO people bidding high for the prices to skyrocket in an auction, though.. If he is involved in some way, who could be bidding against him? :think:

(hint: it's not me)

There are two. DiCaprio and the auction house.

They don't call him Chris Floss for nothing!

Word has it, father operated a comic book store in Venice CA, Leo has always been around comics his young like, can confirm he bought a Cap #1 from a certain comic book store in Santa Monica in the early 90's wrote a check for 25K on the spot jumped back in his limo, with girlfriend in tow.

True story, I was there a gaga,

B

There would have to be at least TWO people bidding high for the prices to skyrocket in an auction, though.. If he is involved in some way, who could be bidding against him? :think:

(hint: it's not me)

There are two. DiCaprio and the auction house.

That's not nice to say.

(tsk)