• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite All-Star Comics issue?

26 posts in this topic

No question that # 3 is historic and significant. But I just love the cover of # 33 with the menacing Solomon Grundy. Plus it was the first All Star I ever owned, so it holds a warm spot in my heart.
33 is my second favorite...followed by the space 50's and then 3, 8, 12, etc

The 27 is one of my all time favorite GA covers and I just picked up this copy.

securedownload.jpg

If cost is a factor (meaning no #3) this is the one for me. The soldier standing in front of a great cast of heroes summons up so much of what I love about the golden age - great superheroes, World War II and American pride.

Reading the only issue I have, issue 13, for the first time was an exciting experience. Every ten pages or so there was a new artist and writer showing their signature characters battling evil on each planet of our solar system. Spectre, Wonder Woman, Hawkman... simply the best, craziest story I've read, and as involving as the books of the late 60's/early 70's.

Wow, such a tough call. I think most of my faves have already been named. The 33 has that super-amazing, oft-swiped cover. #38 has the famous "death" story, which was definitely something of a new trick in those days. The #27 has that great historic cover.

I'd also suggest some of the overlooked issues in the 40's and early 50's, if you can find 'em. The 51 is a personal favorite. Great science-fictiony stuff.