• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

I see his auction says "THIS BOOK HAS NO RESTORATION, DON'T BELEIVE EVERTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET"

??

I guess we should assume some of these people that buy these scam books, and are left holding the bag will try to peddle them. Kind of like getting a counterfeit bill, pass it on. Don't know if that's the case here, but I bet it happens.

I suspect Fluffy062 may be caught up in that way. I think the person thought they were getting a great deal from cdpaoli and could flip the books fast for $$, don't think it's working too good though. From the purchases I see in her feedback she has bought baseball cards and comics that she is trying to flip fast. Must be looking at a guide and thinking that's what the stuff should go for, so when she get's it for half, she thinks she can sell it next month for whole guide.

Him stating that makes him look like even more of a joke.

That would Red Flag me instantly if someone advertised that they are being acused of selling restored books.

I sent him a message with this threads link,he must have read it and added that to the listing? Or added that previously,after i acused him of the book being restored,and told him i was going to out him here,a few weeks ago,and never got around to it while dealing with my "Fluffy" headache.... doh!

Also,there is no reserve again this time..the last 5 times he listed it this way,he ended it with a very short amount of time left.This book just ended the other day at almost $1500,with the reserve not being hit,it will be interesting to see if bidders bid it up again,not that there is no reserve....i say it goes to about $600 or so,where it was each time he ended it...

add corgipeter to the list... ASM 6 VERY HIGH GRADE... I dont know if its restored or not but he bought it from cdpaoli on July 10 then was selling it Aug 15th... hmm maybe he found out it was restored, and is legit himself?

I've seen this book and know Peter.

This book does have a few hits of color touch on it that I could see when I saw the book in hand...as did the black cover Wow Comics that pops up from time to time.

The Blond Phantom he had was pretty spectacular and looked unrestored but IMO was asking a bit too much for it.

I can't speak to whether he is purposefully not disclosing restoration or not. It is possible that he just might be unable to catch resto himself.

In any case, bid accordingly.

As far as my case with fluffy062, I did hear back from them and they are going to check the local USPS lost and found to see if my book is there as he told me that in once other instance a book that they had mailed to them was stuck there. So far I'm just going to say that the book is still lost.

:wishluck:

I see his auction says "THIS BOOK HAS NO RESTORATION, DON'T BELEIVE EVERTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET"

??

I guess we should assume some of these people that buy these scam books, and are left holding the bag will try to peddle them. Kind of like getting a counterfeit bill, pass it on. Don't know if that's the case here, but I bet it happens.

I suspect Fluffy062 may be caught up in that way. I think the person thought they were getting a great deal from cdpaoli and could flip the books fast for $$, don't think it's working too good though. From the purchases I see in her feedback she has bought baseball cards and comics that she is trying to flip fast. Must be looking at a guide and thinking that's what the stuff should go for, so when she get's it for half, she thinks she can sell it next month for whole guide.

I think that's exactly what's happening. I got scammed from Narbeh on 6 or so books before I got here, and even I had a momentary thought about just re-listing and being able to claim ignorance if they came back PLODs.

But I bit the bullet, submitted them, and sold off the PLODs for a fraction of what I paid. Out about a grand, but I still have my integrity (thumbs u

Did anybody compile a list of their handles all in one place within this thread?

The handles are

makemeanofferandwin

cdpaoli

lexerific

and

aram321 (private feedback...does the buying of primarily plod books so you can't trace the purchases)

add corgipeter to the list... ASM 6 VERY HIGH GRADE... I dont know if its restored or not but he bought it from cdpaoli on July 10 then was selling it Aug 15th... hmm maybe he found out it was restored, and is legit himself?

HERE is the link! I left him neutral feedback warning of restored books

ASM 6 relisted

??

I think that's exactly what's happening. I got scammed from Narbeh on 6 or so books before I got here, and even I had a momentary thought about just re-listing and being able to claim ignorance if they came back PLODs.

But I bit the bullet, submitted them, and sold off the PLODs for a fraction of what I paid. Out about a grand, but I still have my integrity (thumbs u

Well done. Your integrity has way more value than a few books.

Imagine if you'd went the other way, and pulled a few scam auctions. You may very well have logged in here someday only to see everybody discussing what a worthless, no good, low down, dirty rat, loser you are. (that is had you pulled the scam)

Here are a couple of books that seem out of character for robojo33. I wonder what the story is behind them?

Tales of Suspense #39 SS CGC 4.5

Tales to Astonish #27 SS CGC 3.5

It's thought he sprinkles his listings with a few slabbed books, to help legitimize the rest of his auctions. Probably also helps to gain views on his auctions.

??

Well done. Your integrity has way more value than a few books.

Imagine if you'd went the other way, and pulled a few scam auctions. You may very well have logged in here someday only to see everybody discussing what a worthless, no good, low down, dirty rat, loser you are. (that is had you pulled the scam)

This is true! Although from what I gather, everyone here gets called those things by somebody eventually lol

Here are a couple of books that seem out of character for robojo33. I wonder what the story is behind them?

It's thought he sprinkles his listings with a few slabbed books, to help legitimize the rest of his auctions. Probably also helps to gain views on his auctions.

You guys really saved me with him... I've only bought one book from robo (before I got here), and luckily it was just a touch overgraded (8.5 in his auction, came back CGC 8.0).

From what I've heard about other people's dealings with him, I'll take that any day of the week!

IIRC, he also consigns for people. So who knows, really? I'm reminded of the parable of the toad and the scorpion whenever I hear of Dupcak selling books that for all intents and purposes appear to be above the board

IIRC, he also consigns for people. So who knows, really? I'm reminded of the parable of the toad and the scorpion whenever I hear of Dupcak selling books that for all intents and purposes appear to be above the board

+1, which is why I don't bid on any of his stuff anymore, even the slabs...

This book does have a few hits of color touch on it that I could see when I saw the book in hand...as did the black cover Wow Comics that pops up from time to time.

The Blond Phantom he had was pretty spectacular and looked unrestored but IMO was asking a bit too much for it.

I can't speak to whether he is purposefully not disclosing restoration or not. It is possible that he just might be unable to catch resto himself.

As far as my case with fluffy062, I did hear back from them and they are going to check the local USPS lost and found to see if my book is there as he told me that in once other instance a book that they had mailed to them was stuck there. So far I'm just going to say that the book is still lost.

Well, Peter is a straight up LIAR then...here is his last message to me via Ebay this morning regarding the book...

"Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

For one thing this book has an over hang that's way it;s not trimmed, also no colour touch that a comic book dealer knows how to look for coulor touch with a black light you would see it nothing. I googled this cpaoli his grading isn't any good from his feedback, i don't see anthing from cgc saying any comics were restored get your facts stright pal."

And as for "Fluffy",i wouldn't keep your fingers crossed on her "finding" your book at the local P.o....As soon as my Paypal case is resolved,i will disclose everything i've gone thru with this person.Your book most likely isn't lost,she most likely has it back,and is scamming you.

Well, Peter is a straight up LIAR then...here is his last message to me via Ebay this morning regarding the book...

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

For one thing this book has an over hang that's way it;s not trimmed, also no colour touch that a comic book dealer knows how to look for coulor touch with a black light you would see it nothing. I googled this cpaoli his grading isn't any good from his feedback, i don't see anthing from cgc saying any comics were restored get your facts stright pal.

He also has a recent win from robojo, a "NM-" IM 1, so be wary of that gem being up for auction once he discovers it's restored and an 8.0

Did anybody compile a list of their handles all in one place within this thread?

The handles are

makemeanofferandwin

cdpaoli

lexerific

and

aram321 (private feedback...does the buying of primarily plod books so you can't trace the purchases)

HERE is the link! I left him neutral feedback warning of restored books

ASM 6 relisted

Nice...at least it will short term warn others..BUT,he will end this listing early since there is no reserve,and it's not going to be bid up again...watch!

AND

Only problem is 1)You didn't pay for the book,so the feedback will be removed. 2)You included other Ebay ID's in the feedback,violation of ebay policy,so the feedback will be removed... :makepoint:

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

For one thing this book has an over hang that's way it;s not trimmed, also no colour touch that a comic book dealer knows how to look for coulor touch with a black light you would see it nothing. I googled this cpaoli his grading isn't any good from his feedback, i don't see anthing from cgc saying any comics were restored get your facts stright pal.

He also has a recent win from robojo, a "NM-" IM 1, so be wary of that gem being up for auction once he discovers it's restored and an 8.0

You mean this book he has listed now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAN-COMIC-1-1967-NM-9-2-/200521601618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb004d252

Roy,if you know this guy,you really should have a "chat" with him...passing on all these books purchased from known scammers to unsuspecting others is no bueno.

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAN-COMIC-1-1967-NM-9-2-/200521601618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb004d252

Roy,if you know this guy,you really should have a "chat" with him...passing on all these books purchased from known scammers to unsuspecting others is no bueno.

+1 :sumo:

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

I'm sure that's the one doh! He's picked quite the seller to model himself after meh

I don't "know" him. I met him only once cause he was local (after seeing his eBay auctions this past weekend). I just got an email from him and he's pretty upset....at me. doh!

Do me a favor, someone is messaging him swinging my name around. Can you guys use a little discretion than just go railing at some guy on the internet?