• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

Here's another one back up on seller cdpaoli's site...

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-7-Super-High-Grade-NM-9-4-Vol-1-2nd-Blob-/220662829754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33608792ba

Interesting that this book was originally purchases as a restored book from none other than robojo himself...we had this one up in the previous portion of the thread that was pulled and then cdpaoli pulled the book and has brought it back now as unrestored...tell-tale date mark on cover... :boo:

looks like her feedback rating is taking a hit on her bids. hm if i was a newbie, and i read the 9 negs in the past 12 months, i'd move on like she's got the herp. :sick:

Here's another one back up on seller cdpaoli's site...

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-7-Super-High-Grade-NM-9-4-Vol-1-2nd-Blob-/220662829754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33608792ba

Interesting that this book was originally purchases as a restored book from none other than robojo himself...we had this one up in the previous portion of the thread that was pulled and then cdpaoli pulled the book and has brought it back now as unrestored...tell-tale date mark on cover... :boo:

looks like her feedback rating is taking a hit on her bids. hm if i was a newbie, and i read the 9 negs in the past 12 months, i'd move on like she's got the herp. :sick:

lol, here was one of her neutral feedbacks:

"CGC came back as 8.5 "Qualified" since 3 pages were missing."

-this buyer needed CGC to tell them that not one, but 3 pages were missing?

ouch! hard lesson learned,we should point this buyer to the boards.

Just read the following description on one of Fluffy062's auctions...

THE AVENGERS # 4 FINE+ PGX 6.5 1st SILVER AGE APPEARANCE OF CAPTAIN AMERICA 3/64 SLIGHT COLOR TOUCH BUT IT IS NOT RESTORED. WTF??!! :insane::o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190427321458

Wha! :o

THE AVENGERS # 4 FINE+ PGX 6.5 1st SILVER AGE APPEARANCE OF CAPTAIN AMERICA 3/64 SLIGHT COLOR TOUCH BUT IT IS NOT RESTORED. WTF??!! :insane::o

Look familiar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220627989524

feedback left by "fluffy":

OUTSTANDING**************************AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ Seller: Member id cdpaoli ( Feedback Score Of 373) Jul-16-10 11:45

-- (#220627989524) -- View Item

Look familiar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220627989524

feedback left by "fluffy":

OUTSTANDING**************************AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ Seller: Member id cdpaoli ( Feedback Score Of 373) Jul-16-10 11:45

-- (#220627989524) -- View Item

Appropriately the hammer price for that book was the mark of the devil... :devil:

At least they lost money on the deal.

Yes..and wait until my PAYPAL case is over and she gets a great NEG from me for my purchase from here last month... :tonofbricks:

I'm very sorry to here that brother.

Yea..i messed up there..but Paypal had my back,refund in progress..and i will disclose all i can in Neg feedback for her once i get my funds in a few days. (thumbs u

Yes..and wait until my PAYPAL case is over and she gets a great NEG from me for my purchase from here last month... :tonofbricks:

Yea..i messed up there..but Paypal had my back,refund in progress..and i will disclose all i can in Neg feedback for her once i get my funds in a few days. (thumbs u

:applause:

I believe you can add another comment to the feedback if they respond to the first comment. Do that, plan a second comment when they shout back at you. I meant to but forgot with mine.

These sellers in question continue to get the most people watching their comicbook auctions.

I don`t know if this means people like looking at train wrecks or think they are getting a good deal.

hm

Well, like robojo, they week-in-and-week-out have what appear to be "stellar" books, and lots of Keys, and just about 100% Marvels...so most every idjut in eBayville has them bookmarked and most likely check their auctions daily or very often...it would be interesting to see how many repeat buyers they have...I haven't really compiled that...very depressing... :tonofbricks:

These sellers in question continue to get the most people watching their comicbook auctions.

I don`t know if this means people like looking at train wrecks or think they are getting a good deal.

hm

Well, like robojo, they week-in-and-week-out have what appear to be "stellar" books, and lots of Keys, and just about 100% Marvels...so most every idjut in eBayville has them bookmarked and most likely check their auctions daily or very often...it would be interesting to see how many repeat buyers they have...I haven't really compiled that...very depressing... :tonofbricks:

Are these guys using photoshop or something? because from even farway I can guess it`s one of thier books just by looking at it, like I will see a silver age book in the photo and say to myself, wow nice color so it has to be one of thier infamous books.

Did anybody compile a list of their handles all in one place within this thread?

The handles are

makemeanofferandwin

cdpaoli

lexerific

and

aram321 (private feedback...does the buying of primarily plod books so you can't trace the purchases)

add corgipeter to the list... ASM 6 VERY HIGH GRADE... I dont know if its restored or not but he bought it from cdpaoli on July 10 then was selling it Aug 15th... hmm maybe he found out it was restored, and is legit himself?

Did anybody compile a list of their handles all in one place within this thread?

The handles are

makemeanofferandwin

cdpaoli

lexerific

and

aram321 (private feedback...does the buying of primarily plod books so you can't trace the purchases)

add corgipeter to the list... ASM 6 VERY HIGH GRADE... I dont know if its restored or not but he bought it from cdpaoli on July 10 then was selling it Aug 15th... hmm maybe he found out it was restored, and is legit himself?

If you could attach links that would be helpful... (thumbs u

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-6-VOL-1-VF-NM-9-0-VERY-HIGH-GRADE-/200521825086?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb0083b3e

ASM 6 has been relisted 10 times...this guy is a real individual_without_enough_empathy.

He had ended it like 5 times because it didnt reach what he wanted it to.Then it didnt hit reserve several times..then he listed it at $2900...

Now back to a reserve...he originally told me he would sell it for $800,then $1800,then $2100..then $2900..after i called him out on his listings/cdpaoli scammed book.The book is trimmed.

Anyways...going to send him a nice message via ebay,let him come see that the "real collectors" are onto his BS,and let him sweat it ,knowing that book will never sell for what he wants,and he's stuck with a aram321/cdpaoli scam book.

I see his auction says "THIS BOOK HAS NO RESTORATION, DON'T BELEIVE EVERTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET"

??

I guess we should assume some of these people that buy these scam books, and are left holding the bag will try to peddle them. Kind of like getting a counterfeit bill, pass it on. Don't know if that's the case here, but I bet it happens.

I suspect Fluffy062 may be caught up in that way. I think the person thought they were getting a great deal from cdpaoli and could flip the books fast for $$, don't think it's working too good though. From the purchases I see in her feedback she has bought baseball cards and comics that she is trying to flip fast. Must be looking at a guide and thinking that's what the stuff should go for, so when she get's it for half, she thinks she can sell it next month for whole guide.