• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad transaction between me and Forum member GreatEscape

308 posts in this topic

I've bought and sold to Andy with zero problems. I've also sold to Dino with no problems. Very shocked to hear about this.

Within a reasonable time period, I accept returns if the buyer is unhappy. What is there really to debate about this?

As for problems the seller might be facing....we all have problems. Fact of the matter is they are your own problems and you've got to find a way of dealing with them without f-ing over the other guy. It's not the buyer's fault that you have financial problems or whatever. Find a way to suck it up and take the book back. Eat it. Put something on a credit card. Whatever, you find a way to deal with your own problems and not pass them off on somebody else.

I really hate to see this kind of stuff. It's like there is not end to this krap in this hobby. Makes me sad. :(

Clearly for some reason, and I don't know the Seller, is that the dollar amount of this transaction is in the low 4-figures...otherwise we would've never heard about it...he's attempting to hang on to his grand-plus sale to keep it in the "SOLD" column...pretty lame no matter what the excuse...man up Dino!

Wow, sorry to hear about this Andy.

I make it a point now in every sale I make that returns are always accepted whether it be on here or on eBay. And a valid point that has already been made by Sal is to keep the money from the transaction aside until the buyer is satisfied.

I hope you get some joy out of this Andy :(

Dino is not gonna say nothing he knew from day one what he was selling! Such a shame when we think we can trust certain forumn members and something like this happens.

Why did Dino bother saying he would give a refund if CGC gave it bad page quality, never even mind the ridiculous grade difference?

I know why, he thought he could pass it onto some lousy ebayer who did not know better not thinking a fellow board member would bid and put SO MUCH FAITH INTO HIM!

Then once he had money in hand, thought he could string it along for awhile, let Andy get the book CGC'd, time he gets it back he will have no help from paypal.

As I said, he will not say anything on here, guilty as hell and he knows it. He will soon fade into darknesss and then turn up out of the blue when the heat has died down and he thinks we have forgotten. Hoping we just remember the good he once brought, hah.

Shame he may have personal issues, but that is nothing to do with Andy, and Andy is a good guy he would have been happy to work something out, maybe even have some other books instead.

NASTY individual, nuff said herc

p.s Don't give up Andy on the comics scene, we will all miss you!

Heres is latest message

"Like many, I began collecting OA in the past 5-6 years and currently in Growth phase celebrating every acquisition, actively building my collection and relishing the buzz in hunting for, acquiring and owning these treasures while staying true to my budget. I truly envy those 'seasoned' collectors with jaw-dropping grail pages and their tales of buying Miller and Byrne pages for $50 way back when. If only...

Eventually, when my collection peaks and the hobby 'buzz' loses a bit of intensity ("decent Watchmen bro'... "), I'll enter the Mature phase. I'll stop actively acquiring (except for a few 'must haves' and trading) since I'll probably think prices are too high compared to years past. In today's market, many dealers and established collectors are already here, having built solid core collections and have moderated their purchases except for opportunistic buying/selling ("please inquire") or selective trading ("trade only"). I'm already here in GA comics and, if fortune shines, my OA hobby will reach this phase in 8-10 years.

Finally, when the OA 'buzz' wanes for me , I'll plan on selling most of my OA so that other/newer collectors can enjoy and appreciate these works of art... keeping those 4-5 trophy pages that will adorn my beach villa in retirement.

...or maybe not.

Dino"

Sounds like he's doing alright to me!

I'm sorry, Andy...I wonder how he came up with the original amount?

The book still has some value, perhaps offer to sell it on Ebay and have him refund the difference. If there are family problems, perhaps he's not reading mail right now, but could at least substitute a comparable book for the difference if money is an issue.

I have met Dino and he seemed very nice, hopefully, he's just been stressed and will answer after seeing this thread..

Fay,

Regarding the family problems that he mentioned - I would definitely have accommodated an arrangement, and in fact I offered to Dino that I would be more than willing to accept a refund payment plan spread over months if his financial situation was so dire.

Speaking of Dino, I havent' seen him post anything on the boards for quite sometime now. He usually posts at the GA thread, but lately I haven't seen any. Maybe his family problems maybe true?

Here he is.

He seems to still be happily posting away on the CGC forums...including several posts made today.

Yep, and some of the posts from the last few days discuss his collection of GA keepers and growing Original Art pile.

I don't understand how someone can blow their reputation so casually over a comic book? I agree that it's important to hear both sides on every story, but it's hard to reserve judgment in such a clear cut case.

Sorry Andy for your misfortune. That's a ton of money.

The book still has some value, perhaps offer to sell it on Ebay and have him refund the difference. If there are family problems, perhaps he's not reading mail right now, but could at least substitute a comparable book for the difference if money is an issue.

I have met Dino and he seemed very nice, hopefully, he's just been stressed and will answer after seeing this thread..

Fay,

Regarding the family problems that he mentioned - I would definitely have accommodated an arrangement, and in fact I offered to Dino that I would be more than willing to accept a refund payment plan spread over months if his financial situation was so dire.

omg, Sharon's gonna smack you for that. :baiting:

That's a real drag, Andy. I think it ought to be SOP that anybody who sells raw on these boards offer a money-back guarantee. Reputation means so much, especially in a tight community like this.

I agree. And not get all bent out of shape if their grading is questioned. Grading is subjective and right now, only CGC is the real, final authority.

Ok now, let's not get too carried away.

I agree, the issue should have been resolved at the "buyer would like refund" step of the process.

Fay, Sharon,

I hope not Andrew and I was just about to fix it for Andy and you're

too quick for me and I haven't finished my morning coffee. :insane:zzz

I would love to be like Sharon and she's a member I really look up

to and I had a feeling Andy would offer some sort of time payment

schedule if Dino was having financial problems.

:foryou:

Fay, Sharon,

Sharon won't smack him Fay(not too hard anyway), I was busting Andy for falling asleep at the typing wheel.

Fay, Sharon,

Atta girl Lauren... (thumbs u