• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys outed as Danny Dupcak by CBG

541 posts in this topic

Does all this prove anything more than we've proved here on the forum 6 dozen times? No.

Was there really anything said here that myself, James, Supa, and many others combined have said? No.

Has this shut him down? No.

Good article, but it's nothing new, and nothing to be excited about.

The difference is that this is just an internet message board, and CBG is a respected news source for comics. They also got the Feds involved. It's possible this is just the start of more to come. At the least, people will read the article that had no idea what was going on, and have never been to the CGC message boards. There's also a difference between reading messages from nameless (most people here use screen names instead of their own) people making claims, and a well-researched article.

I'm not saying that anyone here had doubts or didn't know this. I'm talking about the people who have never been here.

-- Joanna

Another important point...

the CBG investigation did conclusively connect Comic-Keys to D. S. Dupcak (or a Dupcak family member) and officially established that he's lied about that. There also is now a confirmed link between DSD (or a Dupcak family member) and RK. They can't occupy (or have occupied) the same residence and not know one another I would think. Supporting previous unsubstantiated rumors with what seems to be hard facts is definitely a worthwhile accomplishment.

Kudos to CBG, Borock, Supa and many others on the board that stood up against fraud in our hobby. thumbsup2.gif

Amazing article. It actually reads like a thriller.

This article should put a stake in the heart of the Koooooos apologists.

What I'd like to know is: what is Rosemary's address in Floral Park? I bet someone with some free time on their hands just might get a picture of Danny Boy coming out of the house.

What I'd like to know is: what is Rosemary's address in Floral Park? I bet someone with some free time on their hands just might get a picture of Danny Boy coming out of the house.

I'll be there next weekend....how much for a pic?

Pimpdaddy,

I'll still say it again,,,, you da man.....

Congratulations on the vindication.

You sir, are now, and always will be known throughout

the wonderful world of comicdom as....

"THE VINDICATOR !!!"

'course this is also the name of a worthless newspaper

in Youngstown...

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! !

sign-funnypost.gif

Few comments:

1. Thats classic stuff up there - 893applaud-thumb.gif cynicism and conjecture at its finest.

2. Pimp keep you sig line, now more than ever its a banner of confirmation - Lest we forget or anyone else question/dispute.

3. The guy with the arms is in the Guiness book for biggest cold arm (not pumped up) measurement. Not - Danny.

4. Very well written and thought out article and goes to show what it take to catch a 893censored-thumb.gif sadly the effort is usually enormous.

5. Ok candor aside hes the scum of the earth, who sold forged baseball cards to little kids. I mean 1_4_31.gif 10_1_132.gif

I know this was a good thing, and I agree with you and Supa. But this topic frustrates me to no end. A lot of people read these boards, particularly a lot of Ebay people. I've been screaming all this at the top of my lungs for a while now, as have Supa and others. The fact that his auctions still seem to be going strong after more than a year of this, is extremely frustrating. I was frustrated when I came on here with my personal evidence, only to have Danny-boy sympathizers argue against me(people who should know better), and I will continue to be frustrated until this guy is out of business.

I have ties to the private investigation business, and if he wasn't across the border, I would have personally intervened a long time ago. Infact, when I thought I wasn't going to get my money back, I was ready to drive down to him. So if I sound negative, it's just out of frustration.

We'll see what happens, and I would be more than happy to assist CBG where possible.

Amazing article. It actually reads like a thriller.

This article should put a stake in the heart of the Koooooos apologists.

The responses of “Methuselah” were, in several instances, hostile and violent in their phrasing. When people who had bought comics from him would confront him on the message board, Borock said, “He would go on a rampage again. In one conversation, “Methuselah” threatened to twist his critic “like a balloon animal.” To another, he responded, “I’ll be monitoring all your posts and analyzing every word, every nuance, even the grammatical structure. If I see so much as one ‘i’ not dotted, I’ll be on your [!@#%^&^] like a duck after a June bug and I won’t let go. Remember that!”

893whatthe.gif I miss the good ol' days!! 27_laughing.gif