• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys outed as Danny Dupcak by CBG

541 posts in this topic

So if I sound negative, it's just out of frustration.

Completely understandable. And yes, people do read this board. I just checked the Who's Online and saw most of the anonymous users were reading this thread. So the word does get spread. It's really good news that CBG did this investigation and printed their results. It's good that many of the threads involving details of the duplicity survive. I don't know when he'll be taken down, but I have to believe that he will be.

-- Joanna

the article isn't completely right, because I remember at the beginning he DID have some negative feedback about restored books. I also think that being a power seller he can have the negatives "removed". What they didn't touch on was if this guy is Richard Koos and as he told me in the past a "micro surgeon" why can't they check the hospitals for any records of this person? I would bet looking for a doctors name would be not to difficult, especially if he is what he claims to be. I hope there is more research being done with this.

Steve

It's probably just because I am a dad, and this is probably unnecessary to state, but it's for my own peace of mind.....

All joking aside, please, I do not think it a good idea for anyone to go near the address listed in Floral Park.

Got it, kids?

Love & Hugs,

Uncle Red thumbsup2.gif

As of Jan. 15, the feedback summary for Comic-Keys gave the following information: 1,047 positive comments from 586 distinct customers; one neutral comment; and four negative comments from four distinct customers. The actual comments cannot be seen, nor can it be told who made them nor how many comments came from Comic-Keys’ sales and how many came from his purchases. Because of eBay’s rules for Private Feedback users, the feedback number, which would otherwise be 584, does not appear next to Comic-Keys’ handle universally on eBay.

582???

As of Jan. 15, the feedback summary for Comic-Keys gave the following information: 1,047 positive comments from 586 distinct customers; one neutral comment; and four negative comments from four distinct customers. The actual comments cannot be seen, nor can it be told who made them nor how many comments came from Comic-Keys’ sales and how many came from his purchases. Because of eBay’s rules for Private Feedback users, the feedback number, which would otherwise be 584, does not appear next to Comic-Keys’ handle universally on eBay.

582???

I had the exact same reaction when I read that... Must be the Catholic School education... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But his current profile shows 588 unique positive, 5 unique negative, and a 585 rating...

That may be a Square Trade issue... that he was able to have the 2 feedbacks not count, but the comments remained on the record... confused-smiley-013.gif

Rosemary Dupcak

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx, NY, xxxxx

Not listed in the phone book.

dagnabbit! 893frustrated.gif

Of course not.

Its a Private listing

I have the phone number to that address as well as his cell phone. I also have three seperate email addresses. I will PM anybody who wants it.

Back in October I had a transaction with him, I give you three scenarios of the outcome :

1. I received exactly what I ordered.

2. I received restored comics.

3. I did not receive anything because he refused to complete the transaction because he was aware of my ability to detect restoration and that I was going to send the books to CGC.

I will follow up with details later.

If you were to stick that [!@#%^&^] with a needle he looks like he'd pop. All those steroids i feel sorry for his woman since i hear what muscles steroids make bigger and what muscle[/i. ] muscles muscle it makes smaller. Sorry adm if I cant say [!@#%^&^] on here. Im too used to being called that by my wife smile.gifwink.gif for spending all my money on CGC books!!

If you were to stick that [!@#%^&^] with a needle he looks like he'd pop. All those steroids i feel sorry for his woman since i hear what muscles steroids make bigger and what muscle[/i. ] muscles muscle it makes smaller. Sorry adm if I cant say [!@#%^&^] on here. Im too used to being called that by my wife smile.gifwink.gif for spending all my money on CGC books!!

That guy actually kind of did have his bicep pop. He had an abscess in his one arm and now his one bicep is flat and doesn't peak like the other one.

I know this was a good thing, and I agree with you and Supa. But this topic frustrates me to no end. A lot of people read these boards, particularly a lot of Ebay people. I've been screaming all this at the top of my lungs for a while now, as have Supa and others. The fact that his auctions still seem to be going strong after more than a year of this, is extremely frustrating. I was frustrated when I came on here with my personal evidence, only to have Danny-boy sympathizers argue against me(people who should know better), and I will continue to be frustrated until this guy is out of business.

I have ties to the private investigation business, and if he wasn't across the border, I would have personally intervened a long time ago. Infact, when I thought I wasn't going to get my money back, I was ready to drive down to him. So if I sound negative, it's just out of frustration.

We'll see what happens, and I would be more than happy to assist CBG where possible.

Has anyone who has had bad business dealings with Key's ever bothered to email them http://newyork.fbi.gov/ and discuss the particular's of what you believed to have been an intentional fraudulent deal. I'm sure this chapter of the bureau is one of the busiest but if they get enough complaints their interest in the matter may increase.

Address removed on request acclaim.gif

Looks like Floral Park's gonna be the hub of attention for the immediate term......

Well guys, being the internet sleuth I am, I found some very disturbing information concerning Floral Park, NY (which is in Rockland County, NY)...

GO HERE FOR THE TRUTH!

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Somehow I think this piece has very little to do with CBG other than that it was printed by them. They have never done ANY kind of investigative reporting...all they excel at i sprinting press releases VERBATIM!

So in my opinion, I think we all have CBG and especially Steve Borack to thank for the heavy lifting on this Dupcak expose. I think they FINALY just had enough of him around here, and screwing collectors in general.

Thanx Steve. Go get him! And get eBay to refuse to alow him to continue...

acclaim.gif

Looks like Floral Park's gonna be the hub of attention for the immediate term......

Well guys, being the internet sleuth I am, I found some very disturbing information concerning Floral Park, NY (which is in Rockland County, NY)...

GO HERE FOR THE TRUTH!

I clicked on it but then it gave me a different pick than the usual Danny pic for that Torres guy. Is he using more aliases again?

Rosemary Dupcak

***Address Deleted because Rosemary deserves better**** acclaim.gif

GO HERE FOR THE TRUTH!

That's great!

And that "Tracy" is a hottie... tongue.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Because it's just "razzle dazzle". A few more people might learn what we know, but my guess is that the newbies who are still being suckered into buying from him are probably not reading CBG or these message boards anyway. While the Ebay system protects him, and while he's still refunding people's money, nothing can really be done.