• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys outed as Danny Dupcak by CBG

541 posts in this topic

Yep GPCove, the gov't is slow, especially on internet fraud. It took an act of congress to get an investigation going on a guy who ripped me off for $400 several years ago on ebay and I ended up tracking him down myself. Atleast they caught that *(&^!, predator.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! !

Crazy. E-bay should be ashamed. I honestly think that one day e-bay will be the subject of one of these multi-billion dollar class actions from a group of disaffected purchasers and the bubble will burst big-time.

i'm in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against eBay for continuing to protect his FRAUDULENT behaviour while he's a TITANIUM POWER SELLER. 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gifgossip.gif

i'm in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against eBay for continuing to protect his FRAUDULENT behaviour while he's a TITANIUM POWER SELLER. 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gifgossip.gif

A firkin titanium shullbit merchant.

Rats... just when you think you've seen it all...

I bet you the next time around he isn't silly enough to operate out of his home address...

I just wonder what his real buying id is... because you know he has one... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I will miss him though... Like the crazy drunk uncle who lived next door... He kinda grew on me...

RIP Hammer... wherever you are...

Someone please supply the police with those Death threats he gave me on the forums last year, I think he sent them to minutekev too, thinking he was me!!

No, it was me. He contacted me because you said that you would have kicked his (behind) but couldn't because you live in England. So he decided that he would fly to you... or me....

Here's our e-mail exchange:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: May 23, 2003 3:58 PM

To: kevin.boyd@cancercare.on.ca

Subject: You being the world's toughest man

Kevin,

I accept your challenge and am willing to fly to you.

-Richard

Sent: May 23, 2003 3:59 PM

To: 'ComicKeys@aol.com'

Subject: RE: You being the world's toughest man

Richard,

What the heck are you talking about?

I've never challenged you to anything before.

Kev as in kevthemev

Sent: May 23, 2003 4:08 PM

To: Kevin.Boyd@cancercare.on.ca

Subject: Re: You being the world's toughest man

Wasn't that YOU on the forums? "I'm in England or I'd kick your (donkey)". That

wasn't YOUR statement?

--------.Original Message-----

Sent: May 23, 2003 4:09 PM

To: 'ComicKeys@aol.com'

Subject: RE: You being the world's toughest man

NO.

I'm Kevin Boyd aka kevthemev and I live in Toronto, Canada.

I have no interest in your (donkey).

Kev

27_laughing.gif i remember that 27_laughing.gif way to go einstein! foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

on a more serious note, to anyone who's ever rec'd a death threat or PM/email from danny boy threatened to cause physical bodily harm, please PM me so i can keep records/data for it. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

Does all this prove anything more than we've proved here on the forum 6 dozen times? No.

Was there really anything said here that myself, James, Supa, and many others combined have said? No.

Has this shut him down? No.

Good article, but it's nothing new, and nothing to be excited about.

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! !

This hands down, has to be the funniest I've ever had the pleasure of reading! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Kudos to CBG for an excellent article. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

andrew,

you have to remember way back in 2002, when james and i were posting about him, and MANY forum members were then defending him and thought we were talking out of our arse's with no proof/evidence. confused-smiley-013.gif then the proof and evidence started to turn up and he was losing supporters, not to mention his psychotic off his meds persona racists/homophobic/threats was a HUGE turn off too. insane.gif it may not be a big deal to you, but CBG has credibility and readers to the masses. gossip.gifpopcorn.gif

pimpy

Does all this prove anything more than we've proved here on the forum 6 dozen times? No.

Was there really anything said here that myself, James, Supa, and many others combined have said? No.

Has this shut him down? No.

Good article, but it's nothing new, and nothing to be excited about.

The difference is that this is just an internet message board, and CBG is a respected news source for comics. They also got the Feds involved. It's possible this is just the start of more to come. At the least, people will read the article that had no idea what was going on, and have never been to the CGC message boards. There's also a difference between reading messages from nameless (most people here use screen names instead of their own) people making claims, and a well-researched article.

I'm not saying that anyone here had doubts or didn't know this. I'm talking about the people who have never been here.

-- Joanna