• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys outed as Danny Dupcak by CBG

541 posts in this topic

'scuse me for being dense...but...after all this razzle-dazzle why do we still have THIS ... confused-smiley-013.gif

Because someone created it using a HTML editor. Look at the address - it is at Goldcomics.com. If you actually go to the Rockland County web site, you will see the true most wanted. I could do the same thing and put anybody I want in place of anybody's picture.

While the Ebay system protects him, and while he's still refunding people's money, nothing can really be done.

I disagree that nothing can be done, but it's definitely not easy.

acclaim.gif

Looks like Floral Park's gonna be the hub of attention for the immediate term......

Well guys, being the internet sleuth I am, I found some very disturbing information concerning Floral Park, NY (which is in Rockland County, NY)...

GO HERE FOR THE TRUTH!

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I clicked on it but then it gave me a different pick than the usual Danny pic for that Torres guy. Is he using more aliases again?

Hey Mephisto,

I hate to be a contrarian, but Floral Park is definitely not in Rockland Co. I grew up there and it was the perfect place to live back then. Suburban paradise only 25 miles north of the GW bridge. If memory serves me, Floral Park is in LI or Queens.

acclaim.gif

Looks like Floral Park's gonna be the hub of attention for the immediate term......

Well guys, being the internet sleuth I am, I found some very disturbing information concerning Floral Park, NY (which is in Rockland County, NY)...

GO HERE FOR THE TRUTH!

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I clicked on it but then it gave me a different pick than the usual Danny pic for that Torres guy. Is he using more aliases again?

Hey Mephisto,

I hate to be a contrarian, but Floral Park is definitely not in Rockland Co. I grew up there and it was the perfect place to live back then. Suburban paradise only 25 miles north of the GW bridge. If memory serves me, Floral Park is in LI or Queens.

gossip.gif I wasn't the one who made that site...I personally was under the impression it was Nassau County...

While the Ebay system protects him, and while he's still refunding people's money, nothing can really be done.

I disagree that nothing can be done, but it's definitely not easy.

Well, I've genuinely been trying to find a course of action, and I've come up with nothing realistic. "Nothing can be done" was not the right choice of words, but at this point I can't really see an effective strategy outside of spreading awareness. This article is good in that respect, but is limited in terms of getting him shut down.

If I'm missing something, then please feel free to enlighten me. I'm not trying to debate here, and I would seriously welcome any plan that could effectivly eliminate him, and his capacity in this hobby.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! !

This hands down, has to be the funniest I've ever had the pleasure of reading! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Kudos to CBG for an excellent article. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gifpopcorn.gif

Excellent article. Reality is he will probably still find a way to operate. But if it shuts him down for a while then it's well worth it. And if it shuts him down for good then GAME, SET, MATCH! Thank goodness I came up short on a JLA 1 several years ago from this guy with some added thanks to Bob Storms who filled me in.

Scarface that is, without a doubt, one of the most original and funniest posts I've ever read on these boards. You deserve 5 stars just for that post. Now if I only had a @#$@ clue on that star stuff I'd give them to you. Well done! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I tried searching the public records of Nassau county and can't come up with anything. Here's the website if anyone else wants to try.

Brian

I actually looked through a few pages of records before I saw that was the site for Nassau County, Florida... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Evidentally matters of public record aren't free in NY. The only way I can find to search the public record is through an e-court system that costs a fee.

Meant to add. Here's the correct website, you can look at some decisions but they only date back to '03

Brian