• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

I doubt this will last, but the CGC 9.0 JLA #1 is currently sitting at a higher price than the CGC 9.0 B&B #28. :o

Should a 9.0 JLA #1 go for more than a 8.0 B&B 28?

Good point, but how many people outside of the boards know that the B&B #28 was pressed? Let's face it, there are a lot of people out there that buy the label, not the book.

I'm doing my darndest to get the word out.

Mind you, if there is only a limited pool of HG DC buyers and you know most of them, it might have an impact on the price.

Maybe the pool is growing. hm

the pool grows when the speculators get involved. once the money and hype moves on status quo will be regained (i.e. at best 3 high grade SA DC collectors).

I doubt this will last, but the CGC 9.0 JLA #1 is currently sitting at a higher price than the CGC 9.0 B&B #28. :o

Should a 9.0 JLA #1 go for more than a 8.0 B&B 28?

Good point, but how many people outside of the boards know that the B&B #28 was pressed? Let's face it, there are a lot of people out there that buy the label, not the book.

I'm doing my darndest to get the word out.

Mind you, if there is only a limited pool of HG DC buyers and you know most of them, it might have an impact on the price.

Maybe the pool is growing. hm

the pool grows when the speculators get involved. once the money and hype moves on status quo will be regained (i.e. at best 3 high grade SA DC collectors).

:makepoint::sorry:

Since this thread hasn't been updated yet, the stained 8.0/9.0 sold for $15.8K, a far cry from the 9.0 that sold for $30K+ with the chip out of it on Heritage and the $20K just paid for the 8.5 with the big stamp on it. For a couple seconds there I thought it was going to sell in the mid $12K range, until it got bumped up a bit in the last 5 seconds.

Since this thread hasn't been updated yet, the stained 8.0/9.0 sold for $15.8K, a far cry from the 9.0 that sold for $30K+ with the chip out of it on Heritage and the $20K just paid for the 8.5 with the big stamp on it. For a couple seconds there I thought it was going to sell in the mid $12K range, until it got bumped up a bit in the last 5 seconds.

Still crazy at $15.8K given that it sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat at $5K when it was in a 8.0 holder.

:banana:

So once again I'd like to hear how people don't care about knowing whether a book was resubbed into a higher grade.

Still crazy at $15.8K given that it sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat at $5K when it was in a 8.0 holder.

True, but it sure beats seeing it go for the same price as a real 9.0 copy.

The issue will be, will anyone remember this copy was upgraded in 3, 4 or 5 years time. I probably will not and i'm sure others will be the same. If and when it comes up for sale at that time, will the final bid be reflective of the fact that this was an 8.0 copy ?

The issue will be, will anyone remember this copy was upgraded in 3, 4 or 5 years time. I probably will not and i'm sure others will be the same. If and when it comes up for sale at that time, will the final bid be reflective of the fact that this was an 8.0 copy ?

especially if they got it regraded by CGC.

Any key identifiers that would make it stand out?

especially if they got it regraded by CGC.

Any key identifiers that would make it stand out?

There's a stain top middle front cover (shrug)

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3DBRAVE%2BAND%2BTHE%2BBOLD%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D28%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DCATEG%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where%5Fauctions%3Dy%23Item%5F866500&id=866500

Also the JLA #1 9.0 is at $14250 and still RNM. Surprised Josh let the book go up there with a reserve that high, aggressive to say the least.

I have to say that books like JLA #1 and B+B #28 are really heating up. I've had so much interest in my JLA #1 CGC 7.0 copy on eBay that it took me by surprise.

R.

Also the JLA #1 9.0 is at $14250 and still RNM. Surprised Josh let the book go up there with a reserve that high, aggressive to say the least.

I have to say that books like JLA #1 and B+B #28 are really heating up. I've had so much interest in my JLA #1 CGC 7.0 copy on eBay that it took me by surprise.

R.

Yep. I mean, when you start comparing this stuff to their Marvel counterparts, you're like, this is cheap!

Just like the few Marvel keys that will ratchet up like the X-Men 1 and DD 1 (1st appearances to boot) will heat up a bit. BB 28 I think has always been a good book, so that's less of a surprise to me... but JLA 1 heating up is a bit, because it's always been a krappy cover and a 4th appearance, but there's definite increased interest.

True enough. Probably the worst was the dozen or so GL #76s in 8.0 - 9.0 I put together between 1999 - 2002/3 then sold off before prices really jumped. I can remember being stoked about getting an insane $400 for an 8.5 with white pages way back when. lol

On the flip side, I timed the sale of my handful of HG earlier SA Flash issues well.

Edited by kimik