• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con Report - Innocuous Style - Lots of Pics

40 posts in this topic

John Dolmayan stopped by Jim's table (when Jim wasn't there) and was chatting with a few people. I showed him a video of my daughter's band playing Crazy Train. He seemed to like it and gave me a great compliment. I really appreciated it. Here he is watching the video.

lb25-dolmayan.jpg

For those of you who want to see a band of 10 year olds rock, check it Static Shock on YouTube. My daughter is lead guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StaticShockBand

Rush 2112. :headbang:

I met Guy (berke) about 15+ years ago and was able to buy a bunch of his original strips that he was auctioning for charity...we are not "in touch" but speak from time to time... way cool he was there!

I had a few highlights for the show, the first one was meeting Stan Lee for the first time. As a comic collector, this was the highlight of the show for me. I had never met Stan and did not know what to expect. In the meeting room, Stan was at a table, by himself. Each person who was to meet with him got to sit beside him and have a little chat. I spent about 3 uninterrupted minutes with Stan. He has amazing energy and was great to talk to. I won't go into the conversation, but, to say the least, I'd never thought about acquiring any of the Marvel SA keys, but I spent the next few hours searching for a Hulk 1 (but no success).

Prior to the show opening, I spent most of the time finding a book for Stan to sign. I purchased a Fantastic Four #10 from Terry at Terry's Nationwide comics. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of it before submitting it to CGC for Signature Series.

Next I asked Stan for a sketch. He was happy to oblige. Here he is drawing.

lb06-stan1.jpg

And, here is me and Stan having a laugh with his drawing.

lb07-stan2.jpg

And, here is Stan's sketch.

That says it all. What a great experience!!

lb08-stansketch.jpg

The second big highlight of the show was meeting Berkeley Breathed. Growing up in the 80's, I was a diehard Bloom County fan. I asked him to do a sketch for me and he obliged.

lb18-berkeley.jpg

I also went to his panel which was great. He talked about his inspiration for ideas and his upcoming projects. If you read his book, Mars Needs Moms, you should be very happy in the next year or so. I didn't win the original Sunday strip that was raffled off, but I'm happy with my Bill sketch.

lb19_bill.jpg

I am absolutely green with envy!!!! :cry:

(worship)

The second big highlight of the show was meeting Berkeley Breathed. Growing up in the 80's, I was a diehard Bloom County fan. I asked him to do a sketch for me and he obliged.

lb18-berkeley.jpg

I also went to his panel which was great. He talked about his inspiration for ideas and his upcoming projects. If you read his book, Mars Needs Moms, you should be very happy in the next year or so. I didn't win the original Sunday strip that was raffled off, but I'm happy with my Bill sketch.

lb19_bill.jpg

I am absolutely green with envy!!!! :cry:

(worship)

I used to love that strip.