• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

I think I saw this on Dan's Facebook page.

Yep. That was me, tagging Dan on my pic of the commission. He gave it to me at SDCC, but forgot to take a pic of it himself, so asked me to post it for him. :grin: My friend was the one who commissioned the Kevin Keller "Adventure Comics 247" swipe, if you've seen that one. Jealous of him. Legion is my all-time fave book too, like it is for him.

The 15c books are most likely US price variants made to test the US market for a price increase. The 35c giants are probably books printed in the US for Canadian sales (similar to Marvel's pence copies). But, no one seems to know for sure.

Thank you for the info sir!You don't have an extra about do you?

Jimmers

Not exactly an Archie cover but one of my favorite Hero Initiative works done for the Archie project a couple years back. When they were first previewing the different Archie covers that had been drawn for the project, I just loved this Spain Rodriguez image of Archie, Betty, and Veronica. It reminds me so much of the Mad Magazine parody in the 1950's and it's fun to see the gang so out of character.

I originally missed the auctions when they started on ebay a while back and thought I missed out at a shot at this one.

Luckily it showed up on Heritage. Now it's framed on the wall in my kitchen. That Veronica is one bad girl!

spain-photo.jpg

SpainRodriguez.jpg

Wow! Those present REALLY well! Were the graders pissed off when they reviewed them???

I think they're about right. But definitely no gift grades in my latest submission.