• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

You know my daughter is starting to get interested in Archie comics. I thought it'd be a good read, but every time I see covers there is some sexual theme or innuendo that I'm not sure it is a good book for her...

How old is your daughter? Why don't you try some digest then. The covers are tamer and the interior stories are good.

If she likes Sabrina, I am currently reading the manga series and it is fantastic! It runs from 58-100. There is a subplot in the issues so she would need all of the issues. The first few issues are collected in a small digest trade. You can get that for her to check out. Archie is starting to do TPBs so maybe that is the way to go for her.

This is the series - http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?tid=236921&pgi=51

The tpb can be ordered directly from Archie's webstore - http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/samare.html

I'd love it if they did this for all the prime Archie artists.

So far, they have Lucey, DeCarlo, Schwartz (and Goldberg (shrug) )

It would be nice to see artists like Frese, Vigoda and White represented. I would also say Montana and Sahle, but most of their stuff has already been reprinted in the Archie Archive books.

It would be nice to see artists like Frese, Vigoda and White represented. I would also say Montana and Sahle, but most of their stuff has already been reprinted in the Archie Archive books.

I would LOVE to see a Frese book. There's hardly anything available celebrating him and IMO he - along with Montana - was the pick of the Archie artists. I felt Decarlo (and Goldberg) skewed too young in their interpretations of the characters. But Frese, Montana, Lucey, Schwartz, White, and Vigoda were the stars for me.

I have the first two DeCarlo volumes, and like them. The only downside is that there is one story that repeats between both books (or I have a printing error).

That's made me reluctant to pick up vol. 3 blindly.

There is a Craig Yoe book from IDW called 'Archie: A Celebration of America's Favorite Teenager' that is really excellent. I got it at the IDW booth at SDCC a couple of years ago.

51-VaPunTKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Trev

There is a Craig Yoe book from IDW called 'Archie: A Celebration of America's Favorite Teenager' that is really excellent. I got it at the IDW booth at SDCC a couple of years ago.

51-VaPunTKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

An awesome book :grin: