• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

OK, I seriously need to be better about keeping up my database. So, because we were in the process of buying a new house (which we've now moved into), I had my mom keep all of my comic boxes (some I hadn't looked at in years) at her house. She brought some over today to our new house. Today, I also received my Archie's Girls Betty & Veronica #2 (VG) in the mail (thank you, again, Jeff ;) )

So I open up the boxes to show her some of my comics and the third one I pull out is...

Archie's Girls Betty & Veronica #2 (VG) doh!

lol - at least I have a backup now!

Seriously, has anyone else done this? :blush:

Edited by Krysia

Seeing that brings back memories. I remember seeing it on the magazine rack in a Walgreen's store when it was new. For that matter, I bought Archie Comics Digest #1 at Walgreen's as well.

My two copies are stored away so I haven't seen them in years.

This one might be available, if anyone still needs one send me a PM with an offer. My arm could be twisted.

FRONT

comicsapr2010.jpg

BACK

comicsapr2010009.jpg

Very nice!

Here's the one I bought.

The logo is a reproduction and is separate from the artwork. I'm not sure why they used to chop off the top, logo area of the art board. Maybe just to reduce the size of the artwork for easier storage.

samm-a.jpg[/img]

Good to know who outbid me :baiting:

Sorry about that :( I think there's just a handful of us that keep the Archie collectible world alive.

I'm glad that Samm Schwartz' family was willing to part with some of his art. :cloud9:

Here is some Archie artwork done for the 1969 Aladdin lunch box that I bought a while back. I still haven't taken my own photos but these are from the seller. I don't have the artist name on hand but it was done by someone other than a regular Archie artist. The color painting is really nice and rather large.

This is for the obverse side of the lunch box. The copyright notice and Aladdin info are on a plastic overlay sheet and not on the art itself.

Bf68ksWkKGrHqEOKj8Erdq4lPyBLDKKCbew.jpg

This is the thermos art.

BSr9tQB2kKGrHgoOKjwEjlLmSt7BKEb04pb.jpg

Good to know who outbid me :baiting:

Sorry about that :( I think there's just a handful of us that keep the Archie collectible world alive.

I'm glad that Samm Schwartz' family was willing to part with some of his art. :cloud9:

It's been very nice being able to chat with Samm's daughter via email :)

And, I got the cover I wanted the most, so no problem at all with losing out on the pals n gals cover (even thought it's quite awesome) (thumbs u

Here is some Archie artwork done for the 1969 Aladdin lunch box that I bought a while back. I still haven't taken my own photos but these are from the seller. I don't have the artist name on hand but it was done by someone other than a regular Archie artist. The color painting is really nice and rather large.

This is for the obverse side of the lunch box. The copyright notice and Aladdin info are on a plastic overlay sheet and not on the art itself.

Bf68ksWkKGrHqEOKj8Erdq4lPyBLDKKCbew.jpg

This is the thermos art.

BSr9tQB2kKGrHgoOKjwEjlLmSt7BKEb04pb.jpg

Those are very cool (thumbs u

I have some of the production art from the Welch's jelly jars which I'll have to dig out and take some pictures of...

Here's something we're not likely to see in the US anytime soon. Archie #1000. This is issue #1000 from Mexico published in 1982. It was published 24 times a year since 1957 so they were able to reach 1,000 issues more quickly than the U.S series.

archi-1000b.jpg[/img]

The cover art isn't the greatest but it's nice that they prepared something special for the milestone issue.