• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

They all seem to have a variant, but they don't seem to be incentive variants. I don't think it means much of anything. Buffy does two covers for each of their books and it is more an eye appeal thing.

Yeah, fair enough. It just seems to muddy things up. :(

I'm loving the artwork too, and really dig the upcoming take on the boulevard of broken dreams, but I am just trying to determine if this is an ongoing thing for every book from here on out or not. "Archie" is the only title I continue to actively collect beyond my roughly 1998 cut off. I fully intend on owning 1-1000 some day ... I'd just like to know if that means 330 or 660 more purchases. hm

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

I really like a lot of the variant covers. Many of them are by artists who would not be given a chance to do a "regular" Archie cover.
I had to order the upcoming Archie as Thor cover by Walt Simonson.

This one comes out this week. I liked it so much, I purchased the OA :cloud9:

RbuWUAf.jpg

I like the variants they are doing, mainly because they aren't incentives. You can order either. I have my LCS order me variants only, because the regular covers are just typical Archie (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the variants are a lot more adventurous.

I love this new variant cover, for Archie #646:

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

I like the variants they are doing, mainly because they aren't incentives. You can order either. I have my LCS order me variants only, because the regular covers are just typical Archie (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the variants are a lot more adventurous.

I love this new variant cover, for Archie #646:

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Love this cover!

I talked to Andrew Pepoy, the cover artist at Heroes Con and he said he was surprised at the response to this cover. He told me that he'd sold the cover almost immediately for much cheaper than he should have, and had been fielding e-mail inquiries about it since (mine was one).

I did see the original there for his Afterlife with Archie #1 variant which is cool, though much nicer before Archie Comics decided to censor Betty's butt cheek outline... He wouldn't let me take a picture!

image_zps39c71637.jpg

I really like a lot of the variant covers. Many of them are by artists who would not be given a chance to do a "regular" Archie cover.
I had to order the upcoming Archie as Thor cover by Walt Simonson.

This one comes out this week. I liked it so much, I purchased the OA :cloud9:

RbuWUAf.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the Ren and Stimpy art style. Very nice :applause: