• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

I always liked the cover of Katy Keene #1 but I was never able to get a nice copy of it. It also has a Woggon drawn appearance of Archie and the gang inside congratulating Katy on her new magazine.

The best copy I managed to get was this severely moisture warped copy that had otherwise decent paper quality. After sending it to Matt Nelson, it went from this:

1-KK-01a-Ripple.jpg

to this:

1-KK-01a-Ripple-After.jpg

A lot of collectors may not like pressing but I like that it salvaged an otherwise hopeless looking book.

I'll just have to live with the bug chew.

A couple of Archie 35 cent price variants with nice covers. :D

I find these Archie 35 cent price variants out there as difficult to find today as the Archie 15 cent test market price variants.

Image0020_zps0bfeee2d.jpg

Image0021_zpsdb627f59.jpg

I'm going to hunt for these books now too. I never knew about them.

I bought this because it's a UK copy but it turned out to be better than my US so it's an upgrade also:

bv-52-uk-t_zps39f4b1de.jpg

This is something of an upgrade as well. I don't know what it is about late 1950's Archie's and water stains but it seems common. Water stains aside, it's very clean, flat, and glossy.

pep-119-2013-t_zps35ae6112.jpg