• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Had a great time last night meeting Victor and other Tick fans at the event.  Had a great view in the front row of improv show that followed.   At the end, I had the cast sign the back cover of one of the San Diego blank sketch cover Tick comics I picked up last year at the NEC booth.  Now, to get Ben to do a special sketch on the front the next time he makes an appearance!  Some pics from the festivities below!

Tick_Cast_Autographs.jpg

Tick_Cast1.jpg

Tick_Cast2.jpg

Just finished watching all the new episodes (I know, what took so long, right?)  I won't give away any spoilers just in case anyone hasn't watched them all yet.  Just wanted to say I was pleased with the ending and didn't know Dot had "the stuff" too.  I also found the boat's romantic status amusing - I didn't see that coming.  Now I sit tight as I eagerly await season 2!  ...Okay, there's no way I'm gonna sit for another 6 months just for a couple more episodes... Maybe I'll reread some of the old comics.  Where to start...

31 minutes ago, Takineko said:

Hi... I'm very new to this website, I also won tickets to the Tick live event where I met VSNDesigns

I just joined to share this with you because I think maybe you guys didn't see these figures coming out

https://molecule8.com/product/the-tick/

Hi Taki!  Glad to see ya on the forum!  Action figures have really come a long way!  When they start walking and talking like in Small Soldiers, I'm gonna freak!  Now...if I can only draw like this...I'd draw The Tick of course!  The only media that I can use unfortunately, is a pencil...ratz!

Pencil-Drawing-johnny_depp-212x300.jpg

Pencil-drawings-Adriana-243x300.jpg

pencil-drawing-very-pretty.jpg

7 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

Hi Taki!  Glad to see ya on the forum!  Action figures have really come a long way!  When they start walking and talking like in Small Soldiers, I'm gonna freak!  Now...if I can only draw like this...I'd draw The Tick of course!  The only media that I can use unfortunately, is a pencil...ratz!

Pencil-Drawing-johnny_depp-212x300.jpg

Pencil-drawings-Adriana-243x300.jpg

pencil-drawing-very-pretty.jpg

My uncle is a sculptor, he can draw like that

http://www.fineartsculpturestudio.com/aboutus.htm

Not sure if he's retired, I wonder if he'd do drawing comissions lol

1 hour ago, Takineko said:

Hi... I'm very new to this website, I also won tickets to the Tick live event where I met VSNDesigns

I just joined to share this with you because I think maybe you guys didn't see these figures coming out

https://molecule8.com/product/the-tick/

I went there but not could place a pre-order.  Is that just me? (my browser) or is that not open for orders yet?

Edited by Brian Bollinger

1 minute ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I went there but not could place a pre-order.  Is that just me? (my browser) or is that not open for orders yet?

No, it won't let you even though it's said that for several months, that you could preorder come January. I find that suspicious so be careful! Does anyone know anyone who has collected other figures from this creator?

1 hour ago, PeasOfCrap said:

Here are a few cast signed books from NYCC, they do need to go back to CGC as a few names are missing from the label.

2018-02-28-0022.jpg

2018-02-28-0023.jpg

2018-02-28-0026.jpg

2018-02-28-0027.jpg

I've never seen the label go all the way to the back to capture all the signatures.  What do they do if they run out of space on the back?

11 hours ago, comiconxion said:

I've never seen the label go all the way to the back to capture all the signatures.  What do they do if they run out of space on the back?

Wow!  That's a lot of autographs!  It brings the old and the new together and it tells a story!

I've looked at all the Tick CGCs on the registry.  Are there any 10's out there?  I've seen several 9.8 but nothing higher.  I'm guessing that many of the 9.8 went from the printer's shipping box, to the shelf at a NEC booth at a comic con, then signed and straight to CGC.  How do you get a 10?  (This isn't a complaint - it's just a question of curiosity).  Even with the non signed CGCs that are "new" I can't find a 10.

If I'm looking for comics to submit I want to know I am submitting my best.  :-)