• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why does walking dead#1 go for a good amount of coin?

147 posts in this topic

I wouldn't go that far

let`s both revisit that statement after the Walking Dead tv show debuts on AMC next year ;)

let's revisit that statement ten years from now. if the walking dead is still popular, and the tv show had a good run, then maybe....but for now it's just a great comic.

I wouldn't go that far

let`s both revisit that statement after the Walking Dead tv show debuts on AMC next year ;)

let's revisit that statement ten years from now. if the walking dead is still popular, and the tv show had a good run, then maybe....but for now it's just a great comic.

Agreed, Let's revisit that statement 20 years from now and see if Walking Dead has released 4 feature films (like TMNT) or had several television series, or had several toy lines, and is still in print in comics.

I love Walking dead as a comic, and it might make a nice limited series or even a feature film, but it has LOOOOOONG way to go to get to TMNT or Wolverine levels of cultural immersion.

On AMC? Or did you mean ABC? Because if it's AMC it will suffer the same fate as such classics as Blade and Witchblade, and countless others (and when I say classics I'm being a smart-).

Unless it's one of the major networks the show will have no chance, it's not nerdy enough for the Star Gate and Star Trek fans (so they won't watch), and it'll be too scary to show before 9:00. I'm 99% certain that by week six, it will suffer the same fate as those before it. It's still a rare comic (only about 3500 printed), so it won't bottom out, but you won't see people paying $1000 for 9.8's, or anywhere near that, ever.

Jay

It's still a rare comic (only about 3500 printed), so it won't bottom out, but you won't see people paying $1000 for 9.8's, or anywhere near that, ever.

Jay

actually, issue 1 has a print run of 7,000. issue 3 was the lowest print, at just over 6,000. currently, the print run is around 23-24,000 an issue. issue 50 had the highest print, of 27,000

On AMC? Or did you mean ABC? Because if it's AMC it will suffer the same fate as such classics as Blade and Witchblade, and countless others (and when I say classics I'm being a smart-).

Unless it's one of the major networks the show will have no chance, it's not nerdy enough for the Star Gate and Star Trek fans (so they won't watch), and it'll be too scary to show before 9:00. I'm 99% certain that by week six, it will suffer the same fate as those before it. It's still a rare comic (only about 3500 printed), so it won't bottom out, but you won't see people paying $1000 for 9.8's, or anywhere near that, ever.

Jay

AMC is like HBO and Showtime now,I guess you haven`t watched the winner of 2 emmys in a row for best tv series called Madmen. if Walking Dead is half as good as Madmen,Amc will have another hit on thier hands.

I wouldn't go that far

Agreed, Let's revisit that statement 20 years from now and see if Walking Dead has released 4 feature films (like TMNT) or had several television series, or had several toy lines, and is still in print in comics.

I love Walking dead as a comic, and it might make a nice limited series or even a feature film, but it has LOOOOOONG way to go to get to TMNT or Wolverine levels of cultural immersion.

(thumbs u

I wouldn't go that far

(thumbs u

I dunno, TMNT became a icon in 5 years,I could see the Walking Dead mania explode across America if the show is any good. if the show bombs then that will derail my statement but if the show is good, people who never heard of the comic will want it.

Blade & Witchblade were on SPIKE & TNT not AMC.

I wouldn't go that far

(thumbs u

I dunno, TMNT became a icon in 5 years,I could see the Walking Dead mania explode across America if the show is any good. if the show bombs then that will derail my statement but if the show is good, people who never heard of the comic will want it.

Take off the rose colored glasses. I'm as big of a WD supporter as anyone, but I'm a realist. The series has a long way to go to touch turtles status.