• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the best comic book story/story arc you have ever read?

226 posts in this topic

ASM 31-33.

'nuff said!

:cloud9:

These books sure get alot of love around here. And so much stuff has been written since then.... hm I may have to get and re- read this story. Its been 30 years probably.

ASM 31-33.

'nuff said!

:cloud9:

These books sure get alot of love around here. And so much stuff has been written since then.... hm I may have to get and re- read this story. Its been 30 years probably.

I did a month ago, but the stories did not "hold their age well" for me. :fear:

On the other hand, I started rereading the Dark Phoenix Saga and have been very impressed with how well everything is done.

well...the 14-year old in me says the first SECRET WARS. it was so amazing back then...especially the mysterious scenes of Galactus standing with his arms outstretched towards the sky for 2 days...and freaking out all the heroes and the villans who weren't sure what he was doing.

the 'almost-40' man that i've become says 'The Doll's House' in Sandman. The character called 'The Corinthian' is one of the most underrated pieces of genius ever committed to comic pulp paper.

1928602720_bb1ee22667.jpg

Can't the Byrne FF get some love?

Some of the stories with Doctor Doom and the Silver Surfer are pretty sweet.

The stuff leading up to the Trial of Reed Richards were pretty good too.

I think that the way Byrne wrote Doctor Doom made me a huge fan of him as a villian.

Can't the Byrne FF get some love?

Some of the stories with Doctor Doom and the Silver Surfer are pretty sweet.

The stuff leading up to the Trial of Reed Richards were pretty good too.

I think that the way Byrne wrote Doctor Doom made me a huge fan of him as a villian.

FF 285 was a very touching Byrne story.

i remember being about 14 and getting that book at 7-Eleven:

'I cant believe it! Johnny cant be the Torch, ANYmore!'

:baiting: Hiyo!

The World: "Whats the best comic book story/story arc you have ever read?"

I answer:... any and all things already done, currently being done, and will be done in the future by Grant Morrision!

Any comments?

P.S.

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY LOVE FOR GRANT MORRISON!

:bump:

Been working my way through Gaiman's Sandman and have to say issue 31 was fantastic. It's almost a stand-alone if you have some background knowledge of the Endless. Very touching.

Also for anyone who wants to get 'normal' people into comics Brian Wood has written some great stories:

My favorite mini-series ever, girls love it: Local

Another great 'real world' series: DMZ

Elfquest (Particularly the first series, but liked everything I have read so far, which is up to just after the third series)

Cerebus (Just started reading chronologically. I am about 30 issues in. It's just starting to transform from a Conan spoof to something else entirely. Although I have not read the entire series I have read later issues and am excited to see the story progress)

Usagi Yojimbo (Been a fan since the beginning. Well, almost. Since early in the Fantagraphics days at least. I am missing a ton of issues but the 15 year gap in story has not slowed me from adding to the pull list and loving every issue)

Love And Rockets (New to this series as well. About 25 issues in at this point. I loved issue one, issue two blew me away. Since then things have only gotten better)

Fade From Blue (Loved this series from start to finish. Completely underrated in my opinion)

The Secret Empire arc from Captain America and the followup story

First half dozen issues of Nexus

First few Eagle Judge Dredd.

The Last Superman story by Moore.

It hasn't aged all that well, but the Avengers- Defenders War was awesome for its day.

There were several story arcs in Master of Kung Fu that are favorites of mine.

Original Elfquest run.

The issues of Marvel two In one that reintroduce the Guardians of the Galaxy.

The two Hercules mini-series from the 80s are a great read.

Great Darkness Saga and the four part Death of Superboy from the original Legion series

Starlins Captain Marvel.