• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most underrated/overlooked title or run you have ever read?

142 posts in this topic

Since the other thread is such a success. I have another question. Whats the most underrated/overlooked title or run you have ever read? For me it has to be Iron Fist volume 1 and Powerman/Iron Fist. I loved those titles as a kid. I still collect them, however I haven't read them since.

I 1000% agree (thumbs u

a bit of Claremont & Byrne ...magic, pre-X-fame :applause:

The Luna Bros come to mind:

Ultra

The Sword

Girls

I dig the Luna Bros too.

Girls was great up until the ending. It's basically a "Zombie" story except instead of Zombies its hot chicks that want to have sex with any guy. Much better than it sounds.

The Sword is also very good. That's in my pull box and I'm loving it.

I've also heard great things about "PROOF" from Image comics and "UNKNOWN SOLDIER" from DC's vertigo line. I'm currently tracking down these to read.

I was really dissapointed when Barry Smith's Storyteller series was cancelled. If he had made it comic book size instead of magazine size it may have done better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and Beyond Wonderland Series deserves some recognition... I can't be the only one that likes these!

They are consistently hot sellers on eBay and very hard to find in high grade condition.

:takeit: Hiyo!

Is that not the same thing people say about Playboy the magazine? :jokealert:

fade from blue. one of the best stories i have ever read, with some of the best illustrations to go with it. every single face and every single body was unique. at the same time you could see family resemblance in the main characters. very difficult to pull off. all around awesome.

the maxx. i never really looked into it. i always liked sam keiths art but i'm not into super hero stuff so i never picked it up. i finally got around to reading it because i bought the run cheap on shopgoodwill.com just recently. i don't know how far in it was, 5 or 6 issues, and it just started blowing my mind. so much more than just a super hero book.

elfquest. sure, it sold lots of copies in trade reprints, i believe the first trade to successfully market through bookstores. plenty of casual comic readers and non-comic readers have checked it out. the rest of us have HEARD of it, but i don't think enough comic readers actually picked it up and gave it a chance. they are missing out big time.

Quantum & Woody from Acclaim

Nice pick!!! Q&W was awesome! This is a book that needs to come back.

Too bad it's tied up under the VEI banner... as long as they have it, I fear for the characters.

-slym

meeee-owwww....

Quantum & Woody from Acclaim

Nice pick!!! Q&W was awesome! This is a book that needs to come back.

Too bad it's tied up under the VEI banner... as long as they have it, I fear for the characters.

-slym

meeee-owwww....

I'm pretty sure that Priest & Bright retained the rights to these two. But VEI can have the Goat.... :insane:

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and Beyond Wonderland Series deserves some recognition... I can't be the only one that likes these!

They are consistently hot sellers on eBay and very hard to find in high grade condition.

You're not alone. I love them...