• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any news on who the next Batman,Spider-man movie villans will be?

93 posts in this topic

I'd like to see John Jamison become the Man-Wolf and go after MJ for leaving him at the alter as the orginal story the Man-Wolf went after people John J loved etc, so Spidey would of course have to battle....JJ knows it's his son and hires Kraven which Bruce Campbell would be perfect in the role to trap the Man-Wolf etc

Batman, I could see Catwoman and the Riddler or Hush.

Hulk, I also believe the Canada angle is significant, but not the Wolverine battle....yet, but he will mix it up with the Wendigo, plus, the Abomination will make a return eventually as will the Leader.

Rhino or Lizard??

Hulk will get Leader?

FF should do Namor and SKrulls

Banner was walking through British Columbia at the end of the last film.

I personally think the Hulk might meet Wolverine.

:wishluck:

He visits the woods here often

It would be very awesome if The Hulk fought Wolverine in a movie

Batman's biggest villain is the snorefest that was The Dark Knight... he should fight Christopher Nolan and that black guy from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. ;)

We forgive you, for you are lost and cannot see. (tsk)

Everytime someone tells me they didn't like The Dark Knight, they are put on a special 'do not talk too' list. :insane:

+1

*sigh* Christopher Nolan is a great director... except for the Batman movies... I've fallen asleep in the theater 3 times: Star Wars ep. II, and both Nolan Batman's. Nolan has done some great stuff, but the Batman movies were an absolute chore to watch for me. It took me multiple sittings to get through either one.

And the Spidey-Slayers should be the next Spider-Man villain... to heck with Man-Wolf :)

*sigh* Christopher Nolan is a great director... except for the Batman movies... I've fallen asleep in the theater 3 times: Star Wars ep. II, and both Nolan Batman's. Nolan has done some great stuff, but the Batman movies were an absolute chore to watch for me. It took me multiple sittings to get through either one.

And the Spidey-Slayers should be the next Spider-Man villain... to heck with Man-Wolf :)

It's a shame really. Your attention is seemingly drawn so much easier to lower case t's set aflame than by a decent super hero movie.

I'm sorry, I'm white, so I can't remember his name!

or are you talking about something else?

I just can't help bringing up Robin Hood Prince of Thieves... Kevin Costner skinny dipping?

or are you talking about something else?

:)

Still trying to piece this one together.

Batman - We all know now that Heath Ledger was suppose to reprise his role as the Joker in the 3rd Batman movie. It would have been the Joker & Harley Quinn. With Catwoman as a background character.

Spiderman - Morbius or Lizard

It's a shame really. Your attention is seemingly drawn so much easier to lower case t's set aflame than by a decent super hero movie.

nah, I didn't care for Mississippi Burning much either, but at least the acting was good, the pacing was intense, it didn't drag on (and on and on), and it didn't take itself too seriously. ;)

I just want to see an entertaining Batman flick where ALL of the actors can act as well as Heath did! Although he's gone downhill lately, Alex Proyas should get a shot at directing Batman. Dark City and The Crow were both fantastic and fit the mood of the Bat-verse established (on film) by Nolan; Proyas could make a fantastic Bat-movie and if you could get, as someone suggested earlier, Depp to play The Riddler? Damn...

The strength of Batman, as a character, is rooted in the strength of his villains. It would be nice if they could make a movie that doesn't have to rely on the strength of the portrayal of the villain to make everyone ooh and ahh. They *should* have just made a Joker movie.

As to what you were really implying with your "burning t's," I apologize that I wasn't clear enough and caused you misunderstood that I was poking fun at myself for having the same documented unconscious social bias that we all have. And I'll doubly apologize if I misconstrued that you were just poking fun as well :)

And I still think the Spider-Slayers should be the next villain after watching Spidey 1&2 last night!

The Crow, as a film, was early 90's angst at its worst.

The Dark Knight was a great film that just happened to be about a comic character. Most comic inspired movies are, as you say, "entertaining." But they're not good. At all. I'll take a good movie over an entertaining one any day. That's why I still fondly remember The Following more than, say...BASEketball. Sure, The Following is much harder to watch and stay focused on, but it rewards you for doing so.

Edit: Haha...I just remembered The Following was a Nolan film. Happy accident.

The strength of Batman, as a character, is rooted in the strength of his villains.

couldn't disagree more. Batman's character is the driving force of his allure to me. The anger and resentment for what crime did to his life and what it makes him do in retaliation. Possibly the greatest origin in comics.

The Dark Knight was a great film that just happened to be about a comic character.

Slightly OT, but The Dark Knight was a really good film that would have been great if they cut 30-40 minutes from it.

The strength of Batman, as a character, is rooted in the strength of his villains.

couldn't disagree more. Batman's character is the driving force of his allure to me. The anger and resentment for what crime did to his life and what it makes him do in retaliation. Possibly the greatest origin in comics.

yeah!

Batman is nothing but another spoiled rich kid if it wasn't for that very first villain! The anger and resentment thing is cool, I agree, but without the villains as foils and, more importantly, catalysts for what Batman does, he's got very little left. Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker made The Dark Knight... the only thing for which anticipation is built during the film (for me) is seeing Ledger on screen again. At best, it was a mediocre movie with one bright spot... and that's why it's soooo important to get a great villain for the next film. (or change directors! :))

Christian Slater's one of my guilty pleasures (hell yes for another Robin Hood tie-in!), but I just can't imagine him really pouring into a role as Heath did in a way that is necessary to pull up the plodding feel and otherwise sub-par acting of the Batman movies. You've got to have someone that just oozes charisma in a role; Depp could totally do it.

But I think they should make a conscience effort to focus more on the villain, whoever it might be, than on Batman/Bruce Wayne. What drives someone to be a crazy crazy crazy and hatch nutso schemes would be much more entertaining that rich-guy-who-can't-deal-with-life-so-he-uses-all-his-money-to-escape-into-making-things-better-by-punching-them-and-then-broods-and-whines-about-it-all.

I didn't like Begins at all either, but I was excited for TDK just b/c of The Joker.

It sucks that I ended up hating TDK too, but if they pull and cast the right villain, I'll probably end up being stoked for the next film as well.

Depp as Riddler is still the best thing I've heard so far. :)

nah, I didn't care for Mississippi Burning much either, but at least the acting was good, the pacing was intense, it didn't drag on (and on and on), and it didn't take itself too seriously. ;)

I just want to see an entertaining Batman flick where ALL of the actors can act as well as Heath did! Although he's gone downhill lately, Alex Proyas should get a shot at directing Batman. Dark City and The Crow were both fantastic and fit the mood of the Bat-verse established (on film) by Nolan; Proyas could make a fantastic Bat-movie and if you could get, as someone suggested earlier, Depp to play The Riddler? Damn...

The strength of Batman, as a character, is rooted in the strength of his villains. It would be nice if they could make a movie that doesn't have to rely on the strength of the portrayal of the villain to make everyone ooh and ahh. They *should* have just made a Joker movie.

As to what you were really implying with your "burning t's," I apologize that I wasn't clear enough and caused you misunderstood that I was poking fun at myself for having the same documented unconscious social bias that we all have. And I'll doubly apologize if I misconstrued that you were just poking fun as well :)

And I still think the Spider-Slayers should be the next villain after watching Spidey 1&2 last night!

Just trying to figure out what you being white has to do with you not being able to remember that "the guy from Robin Hood" is Morgan Freeman.

I'm very concious of my social biases.