• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody read Stumptown?

133 posts in this topic

I got my copy from Scrooge yesterday (worship)Thanks for scoring this comic for me :applause:

I read through it last night before bed. I liked it. Reminds me of that Robert Downey Jr. movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Or The Big Lebowski, or any underdog crime story where the detective is totally in over their head with a conspiracy that goes much deeper than it seems.

Is this planned as an ongoing or a limited series? I don't know how this will work as an ongoing. After the case is solved and she has her debt wiped clean it seems like a good place for the series to close. Maybe if it's set up as a series of minis it would work good.

Anyway, it's on the pull list and #2 should be getting mailed to me with my next batch from Heavyink.

Oh yeah, one thing that bugged me. They made the CSI Miami looking super rich and connected bad guys members of La Mara Salvatrucha. Not very likely. Those guys don't have political connections or look like fashion models. I guess The writer thought by making them members of a real gang it would add to the realism, but it would have worked much better if they had not given a name to Hector Marenco's organization.

Late to the party on this one but I can't find one anywhere. Oh well... :)
Hey Gav, a 2nd printing of #1 came out last week. Maybe you could find one like I did. I'm not paying $20-$25 on Ebay.

I searched eBay but no joy. I'll keep my eye for the second print though, there's bound to be a UK dealer who's picked a couple of copies up.

Thanks for the heads up mate (thumbs u

Wow. First prints are selling at $15. Only live copy I see right now is a BIN for $40. It's an awesome book, but isn't it a mini? Nowhere to go but down.

Also, it's taking a while for the singles to come out. Guess I'll sell my copy and use the cash to pick up the trade for the whole story.

Gav,

I'll check my local shop when I got on Wednesday.

You are a star :cloud9:

And the Batman and Robin book in your sig line is a beauty! (worship)

I scored a #1 first print, reprint, and a #2 today at my LCS, it was great!

It was the last #1 first print, I felt lucky. Can't wait to read them later tonight.

Congrats Kathryn :applause:, i've looked everywhere my way and everyone is sold out of the first prints. I got a repint and a #2 though. Let us know what you think as soon as you read it.

I live in a really isolated area and my nearest real comic shop is 1200km away. I rely on the internet or mail service for all my comics. The shop I get my stuff mailed from missed pulling this for me or forgot to order it. Anyhow I am out of luck getting it now. If anyone comes across extra 1st prints of #1 - 2 pick them up for me, I will pay going rates for them.