• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

Well, to be totally honest, I was......"I've got $250 tied up in 6 of these books!!!! Then the wave hit and it was on....as they say, this is the one book the stink factory called Wizard, just might have sparked an inferno????:popcorn:

If that's the case, then I owe wizard a big THANK YOU!

New Mutants 98 CGC 9.9 !

There ya go.

I predict that as more collectors arrive to the hobby the books will become more scarce because there's a larger population of people looking to own them. Heck, some of them will even want multiple copies. It is in fact a great book to own for investment purposes unless the popularity of Deadpool suddenly or gradually declines.

These new collectors, then...

Just when are they going to start arriving because by every measurement you want to take, this hobby is getting smaller by the week.

And the census figures tell you that this particular book will be easier to catch than crabs in COI's crib. (thumbs u

And the census figures tell you that this particular book will be easier to catch than crabs in COI's crib.

lol Wow.

I predict that as more collectors arrive to the hobby the books will become more scarce because there's a larger population of people looking to own them. Heck, some of them will even want multiple copies. It is in fact a great book to own for investment purposes unless the popularity of Deadpool suddenly or gradually declines.

These new collectors, then...

Just when are they going to start arriving because by every measurement you want to take, this hobby is getting smaller by the week.

And the census figures tell you that this particular book will be easier to catch than crabs in COI's crib. (thumbs u

Once again, yes, this thread is about the 9.9 mega sale, but my references were to raw sales......and it's still cooking.

ARRGH! now there will be a run on submissions of this for grading and I'll never get my books done on time! :pullhair:

You'll be OK, they'll have to go to Matt Nelson first.

Yeah, he might have a point. Demand may outstrip supply.

I didn't even know who Deadpool was until I saw the Wolverine movie this year, honestly.

I stopped buying moderns in the 1990's and just recently started picking up certain things.

Today's college kids though, will definitely be into this stuff and the propulsion by the media such as video games (...is there a Deadpool video game yet?) and movies will only make him that much bigger.

This is different than Superman or Spider-man being made bigger through media because our generation had to adapt to the tech scene and was not born in it like these new collectors and hobbyists.

As these kids and such graduate and incomes increase I can see it's value climb.

You're doing it again.

lol Just ask him if he'd like to go out sometime, and get it over with.

If by "go out" you mean "stand still so I can hit him with a sweatsock full of nickels" I'm all for it. :frustrated:

Hey fugnuts. How about you put that degree of yours to use and say something intelligent instead of always falling back on your primal urge to drag knuckles and get abusive.

I know you're capable of it.

I would rather have several 9.8 copies than 1 9.9...

How about several 9.8 copies, a couple of Hulk #181 CGC 9.6s and a few thousand bucks cash thrown in for good measure? Is that something you might be interested in? (shrug)

If you're offering then sure, why not. Christmas present?

I would rather have several 9.8 copies than 1 9.9...

How about several 9.8 copies, a couple of Hulk #181 CGC 9.6s and a few thousand bucks cash thrown in for good measure? Is that something you might be interested in? (shrug)