• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

Deadpool is the last major character created by Marvel and DC and

New Mutants # 98 is the last key by Marvel and DC(leave creative owned Vertigo out of this). so in theory this might be a good investment. lets check it out and see.

Deadpool is the last major character? Really, wow that's not saying much for the comic industry.

A board lurker who has no forum account but does have a Registry account named "NewEnglandGothic" just sent me this via Collector's Society mail:

On your comment on the boards, "Has anyone actually done much analysis of CGC 9.9s and 10.0s to determine whether or not they tend to truly on average have fewer defects than 9.8s?", I have had many many many 9.9's and 10's to my 9.8's and yes, I see differences everytime. Whether it's a subtle corner ding from being put on the shelf or a fingernail scuff, most of the CGC 9.9's and 10's are perfect in every way. But, I collect IDW books(take a look at my registry set) and that's a different animal all together due to the cardstock cover structure compared to regular floppies flimsy structure.

What are IDW books?

NewEnglandGothic is the man!! Now he has some damn fine moderns, you should check out his sets.

His generosity saw me land some hard to find moderns too, just because he could. I wish he would post on here sometimes :cloud9:

Indeed, Jerel is one of my favorite people :cloud9:

Frusciante... :taptaptap:

But yes, I love Jerel, too. :grin:

A board lurker who has no forum account but does have a Registry account named "NewEnglandGothic" just sent me this via Collector's Society mail:

On your comment on the boards, "Has anyone actually done much analysis of CGC 9.9s and 10.0s to determine whether or not they tend to truly on average have fewer defects than 9.8s?", I have had many many many 9.9's and 10's to my 9.8's and yes, I see differences everytime. Whether it's a subtle corner ding from being put on the shelf or a fingernail scuff, most of the CGC 9.9's and 10's are perfect in every way. But, I collect IDW books(take a look at my registry set) and that's a different animal all together due to the cardstock cover structure compared to regular floppies flimsy structure.

What are IDW books?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=G.I.+Joe+IDW+books

Can we talk about big boobs again? I think Keely Hazel is just fine, thank you.
:cloud9: How someone can find this unattractive is beyond me

keeley-hazell-is-hot-in-pink-bra.jpg

:cloud9: who is that? why do I not know, please tell me more :foryou:

Look her up online... some really great photos :cloud9:

Her sex tape is better.

Link?

Someone once relayed a story of what a CGC Employee's explanation was for how a submitter gets a 9.9, and if I repeated it here, there would be another 20 pages on this thread by noon. lol

Post it. :baiting:

Nah, I'll get banned. :P

I'll take a PM on the subject or you can PM for my e-mail address as I am very interested in this story.

New Mutants # 98 is the last key by Marvel and DC(leave creative owned Vertigo out of this). so in theory this might be a good investment. lets check it out and see.

Deadpool is the last major character? Really, wow that's not saying much for the comic industry.

exactly, I was out of comics between 1994 to 2007, I came back expecting that I would have to find out all new information about all the new keys I had missed in those 13 years, instead all I found out was the same top keys in 1994 are the same keys today. I didn`t miss much, it`s like I never stopped collecting in a timewarp sort of way.

exactly, I was out of comics between 1994 to 2007, I came back expecting that I would have to find out all new information about all the new keys I had missed in those 13 years, instead all I found out was the same top keys in 1994 are the same keys today. I didn`t miss much, it`s like I never stopped collecting in a timewarp sort of way.

lol I thought I was the only one! My wantlist from 20 years ago is pretty much the same. The only unfortunate thing is that the prices didn't stay in that time warp. The books I couldn't afford then are the same ones I can't afford now :(

lol I thought I was the only one! My wantlist from 20 years ago is pretty much the same. The only unfortunate thing is that the prices didn't stay in that time warp. The books I couldn't afford then are the same ones I can't afford now :(

yep other then the keys prices going up and a few new well written independent/vertigo books, nothing of anything that was missed in those 13 years by Marvel/DC universes would be considered a true key but they sure did a lot of crossovers .

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK

i'm kind of confused about the concept of Deadpool being a "major" character.

popular, sure, but the character by itself can't even support his own book. you get 50 issue of Cable & Deadpool, 70 issues of his own book, and 60 issues of Wolverine & Deadpool.

oh, and a bunch of one-shots.

he's a modern-day Moon Knight. or Ghost Rider.

(shrug)

if this keeps up, i see his first appearance going down in value relative to the market, not up. but that's a supposition and just my .02

It's a perfectly rational explanation, but, unfortunately it is still rendered completely meaningless by the fact that OMFG, DUDE, YOU PAID $12,250 FOR A FREAKIN' NEW MUTANTS #98. :makepoint:

I mean, I get your faith in CGC and your exponential valuation explanation, but this is still New Mutants #98 we're talking about and paying $12,250 for it is just :screwy:, no matter what the # is on the label, how many copies of that grade are in the Census and/or how wealthy someone is. If multiple people are willing to pay at/near that price, far from justifying it, it just means you're all just totally bonkers. People can make any argument they like ("what I collect..." is my favorite bit of relativistic nonsense (thumbs u ), but this is just prima facie nuts and anyone who's honest with themself knows it.

And just who are these "colleagues" of yours who have offered you a "significant" return on your "investment" already? People are queuing up to pay you, what, $15K+ for this book before it's even in your hands? If that's true, please forward me their names and contact info because I have a giant Ponzi scheme great investment opportunity to sell them.

You say you are an economics professor who is now "sans ballz" having shot your wad, so to speak, on this book? Are you telling us that you are not the second coming of Roman Abramovich who can light his cigars with $12,250 checks?? If so, you are clinically insane braver than I thought.

Okay... Had to respond to this. I completely respected your post until I clicked on your "homepage" icon and got sent to a website touting "Comic Art," the most subjective and over-priced hobby in the world of comics. And, to top it all off, the "GEM" of the website is the original artwork of nothing other than frickin' G.I. Joe #21! Not just one page, or even two pages... BUT EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ART FOR THAT ISSUE! I seriously can't see the computer screen as I'm laughing so hard. Hard to type.

... G.I. Joe issue #21, even if a 9.9 pops up, is still worth crapola, and I will never ever own a copy. Why? It has absolutley ZERO intrinsic value for me (and G.I. Joe really really does suck donkey ballz).

And, yes, I can tell already that we'd get along quite well. :)

Heheh...no doubt, there are a lot of nutty purchases (and accompanying justifications) in comic art. For example, someone bought the original art cover to NEW MUTANTS #98 for $6K on Ebay. I mean, who loves Deadpool and/or Rob Liefeld art that much?

Oh yeah...never mind :baiting:lol

popular, sure, but the character by itself can't even support his own book. you get 50 issue of Cable & Deadpool, 70 issues of his own book, and 60 issues of Wolverine & Deadpool.

(shrug)

if this keeps up, i see his first appearance going down in value relative to the market, not up. but that's a supposition and just my .02

But Ryan Reynolds is going to play him in a Deadpool movie and I'm forecasting as good or better movie than Iron Man.

(shrug)

But Ryan Reynolds is going to play him in a Deadpool movie and I'm forecasting as good or better movie than Iron Man.

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is a very sad thread. When you boil down all the "discussion", it really is just about pizzing on someone else's cheerios. Very sad, indeed. So, he paid a lot of money for the book. Is he using your money? No. So, who the :censored: cares? Boston Corbett I hope you enjoy the book because in the end that is all that matters.

For example, someone bought the original art cover to NEW MUTANTS #98 for $6K on Ebay. I mean, who loves Deadpool and/or Rob Liefeld art that much?

umm, the person who bought the cover? :baiting:

lol

If he only knew that for $9K more he could have eventually gotten the comic instead. And not just any issue, but a NINE-POINT-NINE! :o

For now, there is only one original art cover and one 9.9 comic. That situation may change down the road for the latter...but it will never change for the former.

But neither the art nor the comic means anything to me. I just enjoy seeing what other people are passionate about in our hobbies, even if I don't always get it. Hope both owners have fun with what they have and good luck to them if/when they decide to sell. (thumbs u

(shrug)

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Go rent Chaos Theory and Definitely, Maybe. Ryan Reynolds is this generation's John Cusack.

Go rent Chaos Theory and Definitely, Maybe. Ryan Reynolds is this generation's John Cusack.

But he needs a good -script, good director, and a good character to pull off what Iron Man did at the box office. If it's the original Deadpool there's a possibility it can do well, but if it's the monstrocity at the end of movie there's no chance

So the upcoming Deadpool flick is a Romantic Comedy? Let me get the wife and drop the kid off at the baby sitters...Im getting LUCKY!!!! :makepoint:

So the upcoming Deadpool flick is a Romantic Comedy? Let me get the wife and drop the kid off at the baby sitters...Im getting LUCKY!!!! :makepoint:

It's Deadpool, I just saw him in an issue of ASM burn off his own feet and grow them back. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets suave with the ladies as well.