• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

The original Impossibles list was started under the old witness rules. So the assumption was that they were impossible even if a witness could track them down. Now sigs are impossible unless you can coordinate the signing with CGC and have a CAW available. There is nothing wrong with that, but it makes extemporaneous signings (like movie premieres or KM tackling Rob Zombie getting out of a limo) impossible. If you have enough time you can get stuff approved, but nothing off the cuff anymore.

Couldn't we add almost any politician to the impossible list? I have a Ron Paul comic I would love to have signed but I doubt it would ever happen.
\

Met Ron Paul during a 2008 Presidential debate at the University I worked for and got him to sign a bunch of campaign posters. No comics though.

Sold all the posters before the election for a nice $.

The original Impossibles list was started under the old witness rules. So the assumption was that they were impossible even if a witness could track them down. Now sigs are impossible unless you can coordinate the signing with CGC and have a CAW available. There is nothing wrong with that, but it makes extemporaneous signings (like movie premieres or KM tackling Rob Zombie getting out of a limo) impossible. If you have enough time you can get stuff approved, but nothing off the cuff anymore.

I didnt tackle rob zombie. I politely asked him to sign. he came over and signed a few items before he got in the limo

I didnt tackle rob zombie. I politely asked him to sign. he came over and signed a few items before he got in the limo

The way Sean tells it makes you seem like a Ninja though.

Everyone loves a Ninja.

So here is an updated list.

1. George Lucas

2. Steve Ditko

3. Barack Obama

4. Bill Mantlo

5. Samuel L. Jackson

7. Sean Connery

8. Hayao Miyazaki

the following have been removed because they have been obtained or have passed away.

2. Stephen King

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

8. Jeff Jones ( R.I.P.)

9. Stephen Platt

10. Yancey Labat ( he finally contacted me and said he would sign them for free but now I dont really care)

I have Sam Jackson on an Artist's Proof Mace Windu Light Saber Prop. lol

Dear CGC Boards,

I was joking about Kris Moore tackling Rob Zombie. It was intended to be funny gentle ribbing about Kris' preternatural ability to get hard sigs under the old regime. Please ignore any future references in the same vein that i may make in the future.

He does walk around trying to get signatures with a huge fake boner, however. He says it "breaks the ice."

Dear CGC Boards,

I was joking about Kris Moore tackling Rob Zombie. It was intended to be funny gentle ribbing about Kris' preternatural ability to get hard sigs under the old regime. Please ignore any future references in the same vein that i may make in the future.

He does walk around trying to get signatures with a huge fake boner, however. He says it "breaks the ice."

Well, it worked with Jamie Lee Curtis!

JLC is a big KM fan! :thumbsup:

Can someone please please help me get Michael Renegar....I don't even know where to start looking for him

Weird I didn't think Michael Rengar the dancer would be a difficult sig to get...

Michael Renegar.... (born June 13, 1951, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), sometimes credited as simply Squiggie, is an African-American dancer, choreographer, author and producer, best known for heading the "Solid Gold Dancers" on the syndicated 1980s music series Solid Gold.

Squiggie started dancing professionally at the age of 13. He danced in films, on television, performed on Broadway, and choreographed and performed for shows in Las Vegas. Squiggie also staged and toured the United States with his own one-man production. Squiggie danced and toured with the legendary Temptations.

As his popularity grew, so did his genitals in the entertainment world and he soon appeared in the films Xanadu, Jesus Christ Superstar, Night Shift, The Girl, Gold Watch & Dynamite, The Last Married Couple in America, Mame, Scrooged, Funny Girl and Funny Lady. Squiggie was also featured in the Kool & the Gang video for their single "Fresh". Some of Darcel’s television credits include The Sammy Davis Jr. Show, NBC Follies, Red Foxx Show, Leslie Uggams Show, Pearl Bailey Show, The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour and the Carol Burnett Show.

Am I :insane: or are there not a lot of Peter Lairds?

Not Impossible. I have 3.

Move to strike this answer as unresponsive. The question was not whether Peter Laird was impossible, but whether he had only signed a few for SS. The mere fact of an individual having three is not helpful without knowing how many other people have. :baiting:

Move to strike this answer as unresponsive. The question was not whether Peter Laird was impossible, but whether he had only signed a few for SS. The mere fact of an individual having three is not helpful without knowing how many other people have. :baiting:

That is true. Mazzuchelli is a good example of that. This thread is The Impossibles, though, not The Hey is This Guy Tough or Notibles.

Objection!

Beyond the scope of the thread title and badgering the ginger!