• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

Miyazaki i could see being added, not many appearances in north america i think

He can be added. When he came to north america this year. I got past security and right in front of him with an open marker and a magazine ready to go. He pushed it away and said no in japanese.

I say it twice and you quote someone else? meh

He can be added. When he came to north america this year. I got past security and right in front of him with an open marker and a magazine ready to go. He pushed it away and said no in japanese.

I say it twice and you quote someone else? meh

Sorry about that adam.

I was just kidding. I just thought it was a name worth mentioning since I remember you telling me the story the day it happened at SDCC.

Just had a Mazz book up for sale a couple of weeks ago! Wish I would have known!

Can we add mythical creatures to the Impossible list? I think an Unicorn or the Loch Ness Monster would be good to add...

Heck I know Kris could fine the Loch Ness Monster, I bet if the military contacted him he could probably find Bin Laden...(course he would get his signature first...

To Infidel...)

Wish you would have known what? Was it from a recent appearance? (shrug)

That wasn't no, he said to come up to his room and he will sign all. You must get better with your japanese Kris.

So I am just wondering...did the guy who did the coloring on the Marvel cards also play professional football? I know there was some question about that artist also playing Witchblade on TV?

The person in question is Yancey Thigpen and I think he might be one in the same...

(shrug)

No Yancey Labat. He was an OK artist. He didn't play football, star on witchblade, or make beer. He was only an artist. Now I don't even think he does that. He was a painter during the Collector Card Era back in the early 90's in addition to doing about 15 covers for marvel and a few complete stories he got numerous contracts to do collector cards. Back then those guys got paid alot. Way more than most comic artist have ever been paid. I think he saved his money and invested it. That is why he doesn't work or sign autographs.

Do witnesses attend movie premiers or film festivals per request to obtain sigs?

I'd love to do this and I'm now keeping my eyes open to anything within 400 miles. As luck would have it, the theater closest to me is one of the top-selling Regal theaters in the countries and they get a few premieres every year. In fact, the main girl from and one of the main guys from the Twilight movie were there last night for the premiere there. I can see the theater from my front porch, it's so close. I'm keeping my ear to the tracks for future ones.

Kevin Boyd can't be too far from a major theater as he was the witness who helped a boardie get Megan Fox, Colin Ferrell, and Jennifer Garner.

If anyone ever gets wind of a premiere, please post it.

Wish I had read this last week. The Robert Patterson, Reese Witherspoon movie premiered in Chattanooga last week.... neither of them showed but a couple of other B listers were there you could have gotten...

Woah, old thread. Huzzah!

Kris, I believe you are now free to remove Alan Moore from the list.

There seems to not be much in the way of Mike Judge SS books. Why? I want answers!

And because I had to suffer through all that Jeter/Mattingly "debate" I am demanding that someone acquire a Pedro Martinez SS and make it available to me.

So here is an updated list.

1. George Lucas

2. Steve Ditko

3. Barack Obama

4. Bill Mantlo

5. Samuel L. Jackson

7. Sean Connery

8. Hayao Miyazaki

the following have been removed because they have been obtained or have passed away.

2. Stephen King

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

8. Jeff Jones ( R.I.P.)

9. Stephen Platt

10. Yancey Labat ( he finally contacted me and said he would sign them for free but now I dont really care)

So here is an updated list.

1. George Lucas

2. Steve Ditko

3. Barack Obama

4. Bill Mantlo

5. Samuel L. Jackson

7. Sean Connery

8. Hayao Miyazaki

the following have been removed because they have been obtained or have passed away.

2. Stephen King

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

8. Jeff Jones ( R.I.P.)

9. Stephen Platt

10. Yancey Labat ( he finally contacted me and said he would sign them for free but now I dont really care)

lol