• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

I will start a 'community' Impossibles thread shortly...that way you can add Ignatz Yuckballs or whatever his name is that did the coloring on the Marvel Masterpiece cards back in 1992 to your Impossibles List...

:makepoint:

His Name is Yancey Labat and He drew the cards and the covers. He was not a colorist but an actual artist. Just because you don't know who he is or like him don't bash him.

I am sure if you sold art for him you would hype him and his stuff.

I am not mad just stating the obvious.

and I too was stating the obvious also. Should not be on an impossible list...

(shrug)

PS I only sell art for people working in the industry currently (thumbs u

I dont know if Donnie Baseball does many shows? He is the hitting coach for the Dodgers now and was in line to take over as Manager for the Yankees, but Girardi fell into that spot...

I hear that Mattingly and Christian Laettner hang out together.

lol

I could only hope... :cloud9:

and PS Kris, I love ya, just like to give you the business, you know that...

I'm not feeling the love for Derek Jeter. I'm not even a Yankees fan, but I have a hard time coming up with a guy that has been a career Yankee in the last few decades that has meant more to the organization.

Getting him might be more of a challenge than Mattingly. I'm pretty sure that Mattingly makes the rounds at sports memorabilia shows. I don't think the same can be said for Jeter.

You can get Jeter for $499..............

Question on Moebius....

Does he do U.S. appearances at all?

SDCC?

Rarely. It's been a couple of years since his last North American appearance.

Claremont said in an interview today that he thinks that Milo Manara will be attending SDCC next July.

I'm not feeling the love for Derek Jeter. I'm not even a Yankees fan, but I have a hard time coming up with a guy that has been a career Yankee in the last few decades that has meant more to the organization.

Getting him might be more of a challenge than Mattingly. I'm pretty sure that Mattingly makes the rounds at sports memorabilia shows. I don't think the same can be said for Jeter.

I dont know if Donnie Baseball does many shows? He is the hitting coach for the Dodgers now and was in line to take over as Manager for the Yankees, but Girardi fell into that spot...

Don mattingly was my hero growing up. I used to carry a tattered copy of his RC in my wallet. My brother got me an auto from him for my birthday several years ago. He signed a street sign replica "Don Mattingly Blvd." It is my most prized autograph. I know that it cost a pretty penny and he had to go through DM's website and handlers to get it done.

You can get Jeter for $499..............

You can find Steiner items signed by Jeter for a lot less than that on eBay, but they typically go for several times what a comparable Steiner item signed by Mattingly would cost.

That being said, please don't mistake me for a Mattingly basher. Don Mattingly was and always will be a great baseball player with contributions to the Yankees franchise that go way beyond his statistics. He certainly was the greatest player of his era that spent his entire career with the Yankees.

I don't think anyone could credibly argue that Mattingly was more important to the franchise than Jeter. Jeter was part of the new Yankees dynasty.

But Mattingly was soft-spoken and 100% class act, putting up gaudy numbers and doing his job day in and day out for some very bad Yankees teams. He exemplifies what made baseball great and pure (and the National Pastime) and is the antithesis of the modern bunch of douchers that have ruined the game. If he hadn't been chronically injured he would for sure be HOF. And he should be HOF anyway under the Sandy Koufax/Gayle Sayers theory of having a short career, but completely dominant during that career.

OK. Let's all agree that Mattingly and Jeter are both great players that made significant contributions to the Yankees organization, and get this thread back on track (since I'm the one who got this thread off track, I feel that I'm entitled to at least try).

Other than the fact that Kris has actually tried, but has yet to see George Lucas or Harrison Ford face to face and get turned down, can someone explain to me why they are any more impossible than celebrities like Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst or Halle Berry? If what makes the others "difficult" but not "impossible" is that someone might be able to get them at a movie premier of something of the like, it seems to me that someone is just as likely to catch George Lucas or Harrison Ford at an event as they are any of the others. 2c