• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight smashes Dark Knights record on opening day!

163 posts in this topic

I feel the testosterone draining out of my body as I say this, but my wife dragged me to see it last night. The movie was actually not bad, but the audience was composed of a) Teenage girls, b) Overweight mid-twenties females geeks and c) me... The giddy giggles and sighs everytime Jake or Edward took off their shirts was almost too much to take.

Not even my wife could drag me off to this flick, and she wouldn't becuase we rented the first one and didn't finish watching it.

I feel the testosterone draining out of my body as I say this, but my wife dragged me to see it last night. The movie was actually not bad, but the audience was composed of a) Teenage girls, b) Overweight mid-twenties females geeks and c) me... The giddy giggles and sighs everytime Jake or Edward took off their shirts was almost too much to take.
Dude,that sucks big time :sick:

:roflmao: i'm surprised you even admitted to watching it. :sick:

WOW that's a surprise. I don't know jack about these Twilight movies but I do know the trailer looks ridiculous and the effects look like complete garbage. I do see that David Slade (30 days Of Night) will be directing the third installment so maybe he can actually make this crapp good but it doesn't matter I won't see it anyway.

Dude,that sucks big time :sick:

:roflmao: i'm surprised you even admitted to watching it. :sick:

Well I'm pretty comfortable with my sexuality, but I may be affected by all the estrogen in my house. I do have a wife and two daughters... *sigh*

My wife tried the same thing last night....needless to say she's going with my daughter and her cousin. You had to see her when the books came out,like a crack addict looking for a fix. I'm amazed she's into this, cause she is a die hard R A Salvatore fan. I'm just happy I don't have to see this with her!!!!

I am beginning to think female fans are the key reasons for these blockbuster sales, the death of teen idol Heath Ledger and now Twilight and its female following.

My daughters unanimously agree that the first Twilight is the best movie ever made.

:grin:

Can I call you for support from the theater when I go to see it?

:eek:

I am beginning to think female fans are the key reasons for these blockbuster sales, the death of teen idol Heath Ledger and now Twilight and its female following.

My daughters unanimously agree that the first Twilight is the best movie ever made.

Your sig line is appropriate for this thread, Roy. No matter what we say, this series has garnered a huge following.

Your sig line is appropriate for this thread, Roy. No matter what we say, this series has garnered a huge following.

It's the only thing the three of them agree on so they must be right.

lol

Wonder if the comics will do well because of it.

Well, I certainly won't pretend to know the actual census numbers regarding the San Fransicko population, but if it's truly that small a citizen base, I would guess 740,000 of those 750,000, are gay hm

you're a complete ignorant moronic insufficiently_thoughtful_person. :screwy:

Can I call you for support from the theater when I go to see it?

:eek:

Sure. As long as you call from the lobby. I'll hear those shrieks and giggles from the theatre in my nightmares for a long time and I don't care to hear them live again. May God have mercy on your soul my friend.

My daughter, her best friend and my wife pushed their way through the crowd to see it last night. Even with 5 screens running, they had to wait for 3 hours before seats became available. My wife thought the first one was better. Both my daughter and her friend thought the second one was the best.

My daughter, her best friend and my wife pushed their way through the crowd to see it last night. Even with 5 screens running, they had to wait for 3 hours before seats became available. My wife thought the first one was better. Both my daughter and her friend thought the second one was the best.

Unless I have 24 hours to live, why the rush.