• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight smashes Dark Knights record on opening day!

163 posts in this topic

Am I wrong to have never heard of it before :shrug:

Count your stars, almost every woman I know (and I mean women like 25 - 30 year olds) reads this series of books plus millions of tweens.

Its a soap opera, romance novel story about a young girl and her vampire boyfriend. True Blood, but minus all awesomeness.

My wife reads the books. I'm inches from being dragged to this fest.

Seriously, people, are we really arguing which genre is "better" than another...?

They're genres. They appeal to different people for different reasons.

I thought Transformers 2 stank to high heaven, but it was redeemed because it had TONS of explody shots, and great film, for me, contains lots of explody shots. A horrible, awful, no plot, poorly acted movie like Starship Troopers is saved by lots of fireballs.

(For example, Independence Day is one of the greatest films ever made, and I've seen it 100+ times.)

But that's just MY preference.

If each film works for its respective audience, what does it matter? I didn't see Twilight, would never see Twilight, think Twilight should NOT have been allowed at SDCC, but that doesn't mean it's not WILDLY appealing to lots of people (supported by the lines of people formed around the block at the Burbank AMC 16 last night.)

There's no accounting...seriously...for taste, and as long as it works for enough people to be a success, more power to 'em.

The man talks sense. :ohnoez:

Seriously, people, are we really arguing which genre is "better" than another...?

I thought Transformers 2 stank to high heaven, but it was redeemed because it had TONS of explody shots, and great film, for me, contains lots of explody shots. A horrible, awful, no plot, poorly acted movie like Starship Troopers is saved by lots of fireballs.

Unfortunately, movie viewers like you are why we continue to be plagued with Michael Bay. :mad:

Shame on you lot picking on all those vampire obsessed teenage girls.

Go pick on the Harry Potter fans because that is one load of stinking tosh.

I can handle the 14 year olds, its the Twilight Mom's who are truly things to be afraid of.

One group goes and sees vampires, then another group sees giant robots battle.

is there really much difference?

Don't be ridiculous.

If a vampire bites a robot the vampire gets hurt. If a robot bites a vampire the vampire gets hurt.

Everybody knows that robots are cooler than vampires.

:D

One group goes and sees vampires, then another group sees giant robots battle.

is there really much difference?

Don't be ridiculous.

If a vampire bites a robot the vampire gets hurt. If a robot bites a vampire the vampire gets hurt.

Everybody knows that robots are cooler than vampires.

:D

:roflmao:

Unfortunately, movie viewers like you are why we continue to be plagued with Michael Bay. :mad:

lol

I know, I know, it's a sickness!

;)

I can handle the 14 year olds, its the Twilight Mom's who are truly things to be afraid of.

Every grown man's dream!

3755594814_b37db7b484.jpg

Every grown man's dream!

Thats sad :(

Every grown man's dream!

I don't see what's so sad about it.

:baiting:

Every grown man's dream!

I don't see what's so sad about it.

:baiting:

Are you baiting me? lol