• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Registry Set Requests

320 posts in this topic

If you want a tough book, check out MTU #1. Only two 9.8s and six 9.6s out of 373 graded copies. It is a ridiculously hard black picture frame cover.

I didn't include Giant-sized books and could have missed some other valuable ones. Most valuable books worth more than 1000 points are (in decreasing order):

X-men 94

Conan the Barbarian

Tomb of Dracula

Marvel Feature V1

Iron Fist

Defenders

Marvel Team-up

HTD is worth 320 points, in line with other titles such as Invaders, Cat, Champions, Marvel Spotlight, and Master of Kung Fu.

Of those Spotlight 1 does not get people particular excited. Invaders are pretty common, master of Kung Fu (was that a comic?), champions used to go for $1000, now two copies avail one of 1k, 1 for 500$, both been sitting for a long time,

Cat 1 in 9.8 I believe Bruce has one, that would do well at auction but probably not Howard levels

If you want a tough book, check out MTU #1. Only two 9.8s and six 9.6s out of 373 graded copies. It is a ridiculously hard black picture frame cover.

Crazy true ...... Happy with my 9.6 but would trade it with you for the 9.8 if you wanted

Compare with Camelot 3000 (my fave series ever)

I love my Camelot 3000 #1 CGC SS 9.8, no matter the value. Brian Bolland's covers in the entire series are incredible.

Wondered where the SS went!

all praise C3000

love my OA :banana:

bolland_camelot_3000_12_c.jpg

as far as I can see there is zero consistency between sets. a 9.6 is not always (for completely made up example) a 12% higher score than a 9.4. And 9.4 are always 14% higher than a 9.2 etc etc

And different issues in the run get different scores based on rock band appearances. Or sometimes other criteria. And those scores often have different increments.

Joe

Because those issues are infinitely more desirable because of the appearance of said legendary rock band.

No one wants an 11 or a 14 except you motley lot. Everyone wants 12 and 13.

Kiss is "legendary", and we're "motley"??! :o

I think I just ended up in the Bizarro CGC Board. hm

as far as I can see there is zero consistency between sets. a 9.6 is not always (for completely made up example) a 12% higher score than a 9.4. And 9.4 are always 14% higher than a 9.2 etc etc

And different issues in the run get different scores based on rock band appearances. Or sometimes other criteria. And those scores often have different increments.

Joe

Because those issues are infinitely more desirable because of the appearance of said legendary rock band.

hmm, name 3 people other than us that want that, I dare you to find three :roflmao:

• Administrator

So, if I copy the scores over from Frankenstein #1 to Howard the Duck #1 will everyone be happy?

Also, the difference in the scoring algorithm is basically from sets that were created in the very beginning of the registry, but the algorithm was re-considered at a later date and all sets from that point onward have used the same formula. We plan on going back to amend the scores that were created using the old algorithm, but as you can see from the "Sets to Be Created" thread, it is difficult to squeeze this huge task in without taking time away from other registry improvements. I am hopeful that once we have the Custom Sets option added later this year that I will be able to re-address this initiative... :)

I don't mind tweaking scores for individual books that are mis-represented, but as it was suggested changing large volumes of scores on a regular basis is just going to delay the addition of new sets and issues (thanks Shawn). Even now I am sorely behind on updating sets for current comics :sorry:

Thanks for your patience with these processes (thumbs u

Joe

hmm, name 3 people other than us that want that, I dare you to find three :roflmao:

The real Kiss memorabilia collectors out there want the Marvel Super Special #1 magazine size edition with the Kiss blood mixed in the red ink. That is the premium Kiss book to have. Your talking a thousand or more for that book in 9.8. The Duck Kiss issues are way overvalued in the guide either raw state and certified, common over printed book.

Joe

The real Kiss memorabilia collectors out there want the Marvel Super Special #1 magazine size edition with the Kiss blood mixed in the red ink. That is the premium Kiss book to have. Your talking a thousand or more for that book in 9.8. The Duck Kiss issues are way overvalued in the guide either raw state and certified, common over printed book.

As a physician I would strongly recommend avoiding contact with the blood of any band that did well in the 1970's.

2c

Looking for Ninjak, Visitor, and Timewalker, HARDCorps, Psi-Lords, Secret Weapons, and Second Life of Dr. Mirage Valiant sets. A few of those may not have enough of the run graded, but a few of them do.