• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Registry Set Requests

320 posts in this topic

• Administrator

I will be posting the new list today, but I currently can't add sets until all of the bugs from the new site upload have been worked out. I will start posting (DONE) on the sets as I have in the past once I am able to start adding them....hopefully next week :wishluck:

I will be posting the new list today, but I currently can't add sets until all of the bugs from the new site upload have been worked out. I will start posting (DONE) on the sets as I have in the past once I am able to start adding them....hopefully next week :wishluck:

COOL!!! (I guess you can't do expansions either???)

Thanks Gemma!!!! I can't wait!!! :popcorn:

• Administrator

Right now I can't do much...hopefully I will be able to resolve the books in the Admin List this week, but currently I can only transfer books between users and reject ineligible entries, but they are working on it constantly so it should be resolved soon... :)

Right now I can't do much...hopefully I will be able to resolve the books in the Admin List this week, but currently I can only transfer books between users and reject ineligible entries, but they are working on it constantly so it should be resolved soon... :)

Well relax and play some video games!! You deserve the break! :foryou:

I am fine either way as I am the only one at 100% either way (#13 variant coming next month).

Um... not any more, John. Joe completed his non-variant HTD set today... with a little help from me. :gossip:

He has 9.8s across the board, except GS Man-Thing #4 and #5 (9.6 for each of these).

I looked before I wrote so I could be accurate and have the little bit of glory.

But still Congrats are in order!

• Administrator

I guess you can also argue this one out....according to Doc Joe the scoring for issue #13 was way too high due to the fact that it was a Kiss appearance and that is not noteworthy, so I adjusted the scoring for that book to an amount that was closer to sale prices that were recently achieved. On a similar note, he has argued that #1 is undervalued considering it is a black cover that is hard to find in higher grades....so please discuss both and I won't make any further adjustments without open discussion (as I see that it is counter-productive). :foryou: Thanks!

I guess you can also argue this one out....according to Doc Joe the scoring for issue #13 was way too high due to the fact that it was a Kiss appearance and that is not noteworthy, so I adjusted the scoring for that book to an amount that was closer to sale prices that were recently achieved. On a similar note, he has argued that #1 is undervalued considering it is a black cover that is hard to find in higher grades....so please discuss both and I won't make any further adjustments without open discussion (as I see that it is counter-productive). :foryou: Thanks!

Open discussion concerning the Chew registry points is what made it finally work for everyone. That event should be the model for point changes.

Hi Gemma,

actually my comment on kiss was somewhat tongue in cheek (I believe "woopee, first appearance of kiss"). It is generally considered a more desirable book, though I doubt many people actually care about the first appearance of kiss in a comic.

As for issue 1, there is no doubt, in my mind, that it should score higher, it is the first issue (duh) and very hard to find in 9.8 partly due to the black cover. This is clearly reflected in the market.

A book that fetched $2500 (or close to it) at the last Clink auction in 9.8 compared with $100 in 9.6. !!!!! (census 5 = 9.8, 24 = 9.6)

Clearly there should be a steeper grade discrepancy between the two as there are with other books.

Please leave all the 'competitive' stuff out and 'wanting to catch Joe' and me 'protecting my lead' etc etc, Remember most of the sets are nonsense and there are many listed sets that would be destroyed if all the collectors out there truly listed their books. Imagine this was some bronze set called Red Ninja that you did not collect and you saw those figures, you would probably agree.

Anyone can see that this book in 9.8 is highly desirable and very uncommon, compared with the 9.6.

As for the score of issue 13, I am relatively fine with it being what it is/was/whatever. BUT the last 3 GPA for 13 - 41$ - 61$. Yes yes yes its not all about price, but price does give some indication! And there are 38 issue 13s in 9.8! So in fact it probably does need an adjustment down!

OK, it seems that we have several opinions on this so let's try a poll:

I've always enjoyed having Gemma around, and greatly appreciated the things she does for us nerds... but I love her even more for including the crack option on her poll :golfclap:

She missed a great opportunity to use the 'Quack' option on this one.

Open discussion concerning the Chew registry points is what made it finally work for everyone. That event should be the model for point changes.

^^

OK, it seems that we have several opinions on this so let's try a poll:

I've always enjoyed having Gemma around, and greatly appreciated the things she does for us nerds... but I love her even more for including the crack option on her poll :golfclap:

She missed a great opportunity to use the 'Quack' option on this one.

:roflmao:

But wait theres more, now how much did I pay....

I think that a lot of bronze books have a big 9.8 vs 9.6 discrepancy in terms of price and scarcity and desirability. Iron Fist , Spidey Super Stories, Ghost Rider, Doc Strange etc etc etc are all a lot more desireable than the 9.6.

So I guess someone has to start throwing out numbers,

what do I think HTD 1 cgc 9.8 should be worth points wise?

truely at least 1200 but I would be OK with a value between 600-1000

No I would not change the 9.6 score.

Hows that for a starting point?

I agree that issues #12 and #13 in the HTD registry were overvalued.

I agree that issue #1 is tough to find in 9.8 and is costly when you DO find one.

I have no problem with adjustments to the scores for any of these books - or any books in any set, for that matter - since the changes affect everyone equally. We're all playing on the same field.

It really doesn't matter if the score for HTD #1 9.8 increase 20-fold, or if it stays the same. Either way, if I don't have a copy in 9.8, I will have a lower score than someone who DOES have one (e.g. Joe). And if I DO have a copy in 9.8, I will have the same score for that book as Doc Joe.