• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold my TOS#39 7.0 for these, thoughts?

479 posts in this topic

Ahhh must be a slow day, the rims thread has been resurrected.

There are plenty of others I could resurrect that may whet the palate good sir.

It works for all images, AFAIK.

;)

Now, if they would make a YouTube blocker...

:D

Chrome makes an autoplay blocker extension. :shrug:

I just want to be able to selectively make YT vids go away like I can pics, not an auto-play blocker.

:)

-slym

I sold my Detective 35 to help fund the addition on my old bungalow. Not being independently wealthy something has to go and typically it's the best of the best. To have loved and lost……

I also sold 95% of my CGC comics and some other nice comics for this:

DSC_1109_zpsbb2d45e7.jpg

Factory Big Block 396 Parisienne with around 40 thousand miles original owner from my city, ultra low production #'s and only available in Canada :grin: my Canadian "variant" I would do it again both times, I am just happy that I can collect comics and sometimes I can Kull the heard and have it afford me other pleasures in life.

A home addition and even a vintage car are investments that have a shot of accruing in value. And, frankly, things you are going to get real use out of. Frankly, I don't know much about rims. Are those $5,000 rims basically worth $2,000 once you stick them on your car (and I'm going to guess that the car they went on probably wasn't deserving of $5,000 rims...)

The wife teases me from time to time saying that I could sell all my comics and have my Acura NSX '97 dream car. Ummm, no.

Jerome

You see the new one? A little too much "muscle" for me compared to the original.

I sold my Detective 35 to help fund the addition on my old bungalow. Not being independently wealthy something has to go and typically it's the best of the best. To have loved and lost……

DSC_1109_zpsbb2d45e7.jpg

Factory Big Block 396 Parisienne with around 40 thousand miles original owner from my city, ultra low production #'s and only available in Canada :grin: my Canadian "variant" I would do it again both times, I am just happy that I can collect comics and sometimes I can Kull the heard and have it afford me other pleasures in life.

A home addition and even a vintage car are investments that have a shot of accruing in value. And, frankly, things you are going to get real use out of. Frankly, I don't know much about rims. Are those $5,000 rims basically worth $2,000 once you stick them on your car (and I'm going to guess that the car they went on probably wasn't deserving of $5,000 rims...)

That car is pretty awesome.

DSC_1109_zpsbb2d45e7.jpg

I agree it's to each his own but unless they are some vintage rims for a ferrari or ? along that line, I think it would be a big quick depreciation.

DSC_1109_zpsbb2d45e7.jpg

Thanks, I redid the factory drivetrain even those it was low mileage and kept it "looking" stock with factory exhaust manifolds etc but inside it's all roller cam high compression badness, rumpty rump :grin:

DSC_1109_zpsbb2d45e7.jpg

Thanks, I redid the factory drivetrain even those it was low mileage and kept it "looking" stock with factory exhaust manifolds etc but inside it's all roller cam high compression badness, rumpty rump :grin:

If it's a car you love driving until you're an old fart and can't see the road anymore then it's all good.

I grew up in NYC, not much of a car guy, my folks always had junkers because our cars would get stolen every 2 or 3 years (it is much better now, but the 70s and 80s were horrendous for that stuff), but in my old age I have begun to appreciate some of those vintage cars and the love that goes into restoring them. I watch that show "Counting Cars" with my son and even though the show is a bit dopey, I've begun to "get it" a lot more.

When I was a kid we had a 1972 Grand Torino sport 2 door V8 that my folks had gotten in lieu of a repayment of a $500 debt someone owed them. They didn't want it, but they had use for a car. It was about 6 or 7 years old when they got it and man did that thing have some pop! My dad would be driving with me in the car and before he'd know it he's be up to 100 MPH. That one managed not to get stolen! But a 2 door was not great with 3 kids, so it became the backup car and by the early 90s the transmission needed to be redone and they just junked the thing rather than fix it. UHG!

A house is not an investment, it's a liability because it doesn't put money in your pocket unless you rent it out, However you are an asset...to your banker since you pay him every month ;)

I need a place to live. My mortgage, etc. is less than what it would cost me to rent a place to house my family around me. So the extent owning costs me less than renting it is putting money in my pocket.

I have a 4.25% fixed rate mortgage. Yes, I should probably try to refinance. After I deduct the interest, it's really about 3%, maybe less. Maybe I am jaded from growing up in the 70s, but that's almost free money in my mind.

And my house happens to be worth at least 50% more than what I bought it for 9 years ago.

Obviously not every home purchase works out well.

Plus, the poster used the money to build an addition. That is indeed an investment in his current asset.