• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ - August 27-29, 2010 - TORONTO, CANADA

847 posts in this topic

i have a question why was the one booth aloud to show pariahna in 3d uncut , i saw a few little kids walk by and look up at it, i watched one kid push her way to the frount and watch it and her dad came and grabed her and complained to the booth, i noticed on sunday it was gone but, why were there aloud to show it at all.

also thanks for posting the letter tiz, alot of people on facebook are just tearing it apart, even if you guys offered refunds every one would still be badmouthing hobbystar, untill some one comes that they want to see , then they will be back.

Hi,

Yes once I was made aware of that we made them stop showing it.

In the future if your at one of our events please feel free to track me down and tell me if you see or hear anything that may be inappropriate.

We try to be everywhere!! But we can't. So any help would be appreciated (thumbs u

Raph, DWC was distributing the collectibles at the end of the show. It was an Xmen 1 blank signed by Stan in red. I don't know if this was the planned on item, or the substitution but I do know that's what most/all of the VIPs received. If you PM Sharon or Chandler I'm sure they can hook you up with your copy, as they still have them.

Sorry, couldn't disagree with you more. People speak with their wallets, they have lost business going forward, It's not to say these people won't be replaced, but more shows like this and attendance will suffer.

I do applaud them for acknowledging the problems and apologizing...always a good start (thumbs u

It might help addressing the needs of fans that did not receive 100% of THIS years experience. Unless the show is going to provide a discount to those who were unable to get back in or VIP ticket holders who were not given the VIP treatment these are most likely empty words to them. You know, the whole "what have you done for me lately" thing.

I tend to agree. The lines were upsetting but I do understand how that may happen. What was most upsetting about the entire weekend was how the VIP badge seemed to be worth nothing more than some damaged swag. We waited in lines like everyone else and while we were told we could in at 2pm in a less busy hall that didn't happen to everyone either. If they do plan on fixing things I commend them and the apology is a great start but we should be told to hang on to our badges as next year we will get a free upgrade from 'Deluxe' to 'Premium' (or something to this regard).

Raph, DWC was distributing the collectibles at the end of the show. It was an Xmen 1 blank signed by Stan in red. I don't know if this was the planned on item, or the substitution but I do know that's what most/all of the VIPs received. If you PM Sharon or Chandler I'm sure they can hook you up with your copy, as they still have them.

Do you know if DWC was a CAW for the event?

It might help addressing the needs of fans that did not receive 100% of THIS years experience. Unless the show is going to provide a discount to those who were unable to get back in or VIP ticket holders who were not given the VIP treatment these are most likely empty words to them. You know, the whole "what have you done for me lately" thing.

I tend to agree. The lines were upsetting but I do understand how that may happen. What was most upsetting about the entire weekend was how the VIP badge seemed to be worth nothing more than some damaged swag. We waited in lines like everyone else and while we were told we could in at 2pm in a less busy hall that didn't happen to everyone either. If they do plan on fixing things I commend them and the apology is a great start but we should be told to hang on to our badges as next year we will get a free upgrade from 'Deluxe' to 'Premium' (or something to this regard).

Going to put myself in an unpopular position, but going through what's listed in the Premium Fan Expo Package:

- We all got the Deluxe Fan Expo Pass

- We all got the VIP badge

- Did everyone get a bag? I got one.

- The Exclusive Expo Entrance was through the InterContinental entrance to the MTCC, while regular entrance was through the entrance to the main lobby of the MTCC North Building. The way I see it, because of the panel rooms and such, patrons had to remain out of the MTCC, and not in the lobby.

- Expo Preview at 2pm on Friday, we got that (if you got in on time). People that ordered the Deluxe Pass in advance, also get in there at 2pm. This is just a sign that there are a lot of people ordering in advance, as opposed to buying on the spot.

- Exclusive Ticket Counter, this is where I draw a blank. I think there was the Ticket Counter marked "Premium". Can someone confirm?

- Lots of swag and coupons (while supplies lasted)... I don't really remember what was in mine, but this excludes the ASM #638 Expo Exclusive and the lithographs (listed separately)

- ASM #638 Expo Exclusive, mine was damaged too. Slightly disappointed about that, but oh well.

- Spidey Litho & Gary Frank Batman Litho, I got mine, and both in good condition.

- Free Admission to all Hobbystar Events until July 2011, one of the main reasons as to why I get it... but that's because I'm local.

It does not list that VIPs get let in first, but that was something that did happen in previous years. It does not list front of the line access.

What kind of treatment did everyone expect with the VIP badge?

I was more than satisfied with the staff (both Hobbystar and convention centre) and security, opening and holding the door for me when I was walking in and exiting the building. Also, with them telling me I was good to go in, with the VIP badge and Deluxe Pass wristband, and not needing a hand stamp for re-entry. I even got a kick outta the "Welcome back, VIP!", from one of the convention centre staff, when they held the door for me.

My 2c

- The Exclusive Expo Entrance was through the InterContinental entrance to the MTCC, while regular entrance was through the entrance to the main lobby of the MTCC North Building. The way I see it, because of the panel rooms and such, patrons had to remain out of the MTCC, and not in the lobby.

- Expo Preview at 2pm on Friday, we got that (if you got in on time). People that ordered the Deluxe Pass in advance, also get in there at 2pm. This is just a sign that there are a lot of people ordering in advance, as opposed to buying on the spot.

- Exclusive Ticket Counter, this is where I draw a blank. I think there was the Ticket Counter marked "Premium". Can someone confirm?

- Lots of swag and coupons (while supplies lasted)... I don't really remember what was in mine, but this excludes the ASM #638 Expo Exclusive and the lithographs (listed separately)

- ASM #638 Expo Exclusive, mine was damaged too. Slightly disappointed about that, but oh well.

- Spidey Litho & Gary Frank Batman Litho, I got mine, and both in good condition.

- Free Admission to all Hobbystar Events until July 2011, one of the main reasons as to why I get it... but that's because I'm local.

It does not list that VIPs get let in first, but that was something that did happen in previous years. It does not list front of the line access.

What kind of treatment did everyone expect with the VIP badge?

I was more than satisfied with the staff (both Hobbystar and convention centre) and security, opening and holding the door for me when I was walking in and exiting the building. Also, with them telling me I was good to go in, with the VIP badge and Deluxe Pass wristband, and not needing a hand stamp for re-entry. I even got a kick outta the "Welcome back, VIP!", from one of the convention centre staff, when they held the door for me.

My 2c

Jason, it has everything with being able to get into the convention center at 2pm. People shouldn't have to get somewhere at 11am when you have a pre-paid ticket for an event and if you do than it should be noted on the badge. Personally I bought the VIP specifically to get in at 2pm and the swag. I showed up at 1:15 thinking, if anything, I would early as I have attended shows in the past with the 'expensive' pre-paid badge and essentially walked right in or waited five minutes. I work weekends and only had Friday so getting in late to the show was a big deal for myself and, I am sure, others.

Going to put myself in an unpopular position, but going through what's listed in the Premium Fan Expo Package:

The separate re-admission entrance via the Intercontinental was a real advantage, especially on Saturday.

The "Exclusive Ticket Counter" was the same size as the Deluxe ticket counter, right next to it. Each counter had 3-4 people working it.

My ASM #638 is still in excellent condition. I think I got one of the few copies that wasn't damaged. It's definitely still a 9.6, and possibly a 9.8.

The bag didn't contain any "swag and coupons" besides what was listed (the lithos, ASM 638, etc.). There were a few pieces of advertising, but that was it.

I have a question: how does one gain free access to HobbyStar events between now and July 2011? Do we have to keep our Fan Expo VIP badges and show them at the door for future shows?

The bag didn't contain any "swag and coupons" besides what was listed (the lithos, ASM 638, etc.). There were a few pieces of advertising, but that was it.

I think I had some Green Lantern plastic power rings. Of course, I just gave Chromium two sets to take back to his kids in Belgium in July. They were a freebie for buying $30 worth of books from Demolition comics... sometime last year.

I think I had some Green Lantern plastic power rings. Of course, I just gave Chromium two sets to take back to his kids in Belgium in July. They were a freebie for buying $30 worth of books from Demolition comics... sometime last year.

Ah yes. I retract my last statement. I had 3 plastic rings, too. But I didn't know that they were "special". I thought they were just cheapo plastic rings. hm