• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Favorite comic battle

86 posts in this topic

Hard to beat Spidey 31-33.

Best-story-arc-ever.

However, I really like "Superman vs Muhammad Ali"

Terrific premise, intriguing "what if" possibilities, gorgeous Neal Adams art all wrapped up in a Treasury sized format.

I liked the way Supes had his powers "removed" and Ali had to show him the boxing ropes. I don't think he (Ali) ever looked better.

However, I really like "Superman vs Muhammad Ali"

Terrific premise, intriguing "what if" possibilities, gorgeous Neal Adams art all wrapped up in a Treasury sized format.

I liked the way Supes had his powers "removed" and Ali had to show him the boxing ropes. I don't think he (Ali) ever looked better.

(worship)

Amazing Spider-Man 229/230, Spidey verses Juggernaut

Amazing Spider-Man 269/270, Spidey kicks Firelord's azz

Avengers Annual 10, Avengers vs Brotherhood of evil mutants. Rogue nearly singlehandedly defeats the Avengers after stealing Ms Marvel's, Cap's, and Thor's powers. One of the all time greatest battles issue, imo.

X-Men 133,Wolvie vs Hellfire club

Can't remember the issue number but it was an issue of the X-Men where Wolvie and Colossus visit the local pub only to find the Juggernaut had the same idea. Great battle between Peter and Juggy

Batman VS Guy Gardner

Is that the actual text or has it been altered?

My top pick has been said:

Superman vs. Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come (It's the only Superman fight that while reading I felt there was chance of Superman losing)

Gray Hulk vs. Cosmic Spidey was a fun read.

My favorite battle in the last 30 days? Darkhawk & Nova vs. The Sphinx

Juggernaut vs. X-Force is a good one from the 1990s X-Force (Deadpool saves Juggernaut's arse in that one for all you Deadpool fans out there you should be scooping up the original X-Force)

Wolverine vs. Sabretooth is usually a good read.

Spider-Man vs. Carnage vs. Venom ASM 361-363 was pretty good.

Thanos Vs. Adam Warlock Vs. Magus (In an event)

Hmm agree with the silver and bronze choices, but as far as modern books go I did not see these...

DC: Wonder Woman and Batman vs. Deimos, Phoebos and Eris (v2 #164-167)

Marvel: Infinity Gauntlet...Thanos vs. everybody...Marvel did this concept to death but truly enjoyed the first series

Other Publisher: Enjoyed the brief confrontation of Spawn versus Billy Kinkaid...karmic ending to that one