• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did your Secret Santa come through? Who's been naughty or nice?

204 posts in this topic

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

This baby looks to be wrapped by a professional......or a woman hm

Its just TOOO good of a job. Can hardly wait till Christmas morning now

WOW

That is some nice wrapping my poor recipient's gifts are wrapped in plain brown paper with a note. And last year I wrapoed it in the funnies from the Sunday paper. Next year I might send it out in just packing material.

My gift is in two parts and I am hoping they both show up the same day but who knows :wishluck:

I'm Greek but I celebrate December 25th
the greek orthodox celebrate later as well as russians, ukrainians, etc... just sayin. so people can justify waiting till last minutes is all.. :shrug:

I am Greek Orthodox.

Most Greek Orthodox Celebrate December 25th(all of Greece does)

Some Greek Orthodox Celebrate In january but not the Majority.

Not trying to give you grief, just adding come facts

It's always been secret only until the gift is open. From the Exchange Details:

"Am I supposed to sign who my gift was from? Yes, you should - your identity is only secret till they open their gift"

Guess I should have read the rules. :tonofbricks:

I'm Greek but I celebrate December 25th
the greek orthodox celebrate later as well as russians, ukrainians, etc... just sayin. so people can justify waiting till last minutes is all.. :shrug:

I am Greek Orthodox.

Most Greek Orthodox Celebrate December 25th(all of Greece does)

Some Greek Orthodox Celebrate In january but not the Majority.

Not trying to give you grief, just adding come facts

Historically the term Greek Orthodox has also been used to describe all Eastern Orthodox Churches, since the word "Greek" in the phrase "Greek Orthodox" can be used to refer to the Greek heritage of the Byzantine Empire. Since during 8 centuries of Christian history most major intellectual, cultural, and social developments in the Christian church took place within the Empire or in the sphere of its influencethus, most parts of the liturgy, traditions, and practices of the church of Constantinople were adopted by all and still provide the basic patterns of contemporary Orthodoxy.The term "Greek" was however abandoned by Slavic and other national orthodox churches, who had proceeded to assist to the purposes of their peoples national awakenings, from as early as the 10th century A.D.

Christmas Day in the Eastern Orthodox Churches and Oriental Orthodox Churches using the Julian Calendar

January 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)

The constitution of Greece recognizes the Greek Orthodox faith as the "prevailing" religion of the country, while guaranteeing freedom of religious belief for all.[24] The Greek Government does not keep statistics on religious groups and censuses do not ask for religious affiliation. According to the State Department, an estimated 97% of Greek citizens identify themselves as Greek Orthodox.

Just sayin not tyin to argue. I guess I should have been more specific about the julian calendar.To each his own. Merry Christmas

Because I lost a week and a half due to some family issues, my SS gift might not make it to its recipient by Christmas. If that's the case, I will PM that person and let him know what the deal is.

Yeah, I should mention I do have an excuse to supplement my procrastination - a drunk driver smashed my car last Wed night. Nearly a total, the insurance company is still trying to make the call on totaled vs repairable. Life has been pretty hectic during this past week as I went into insurance company bashing and replacement car shopping mode. I think that's about all behind me now.

Luckily my car was parked so no injuries. And the driver of the other car walked away (and walked and walked until the police chased him down some distance from his car)! Apparently the guy was unharmed too, probably thanks to his car's airbags plus my car stopping him from hitting a tree!

Dude! . . .

On another note, my gift should be arriving to my recipient shortly. I'm excited for it to get there!

Insurance co. says today it can be repaired (just barely). I'm glad... sorta. :P

I think I screwed up and opened my Secret Santa gift today. :eek:

I got a Priority Mail box in today's mail that just had the sender's and my name and address on it. I get packages in the mail all the time so I thought nothing of it. No Secret Santa note on the outside of the box....nothing to indicate that's what it was. It wasn't gift wrapped when I opened the box either. And I don't remember buying the book so..... (shrug)

I got a Priority Mail box in today's mail that just had the sender's and my name and address on it. I get packages in the mail all the time so I thought nothing of it. No Secret Santa note on the outside of the box....nothing to indicate that's what it was. It wasn't gift wrapped when I opened the box either. And I don't remember buying the book so..... (shrug)

Cheater.

Cheater.

:cry:

After purchasing something 12 days ago from comiclink, I don't think they have even recieved it from the seller yet. I may have to send something out so the person I got has something to open on Christmas. Then, i'll just send the gift I bought when it arrives.

That is some nice wrapping my poor recipient's gifts are wrapped in plain brown paper with a note. And last year I wrapoed it in the funnies from the Sunday paper. Next year I might send it out in just packing material.

And the year after....

71663556.jpg

I bet that slab got broken by a postal worker with munchies.